Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 3, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #4,171 of 7,191
Something which confuses me with this app. So I set my EQ in preset 1 but how do I save it to headset? do I just select it?. Normally on other headsets, I am required to save to headset on the app. This doesn't seem to do that? Is this a case of when it's highlighted then it's active?

Yes, whatever preset is highlighted is the one that is set on the headset. I had originally set a preset on Windows, and when I opened the Android app, that same preset is what was highlighted as well.

Jan 3, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #4,172 of 7,191
Yes, whatever preset is highlighted is the one that is set on the headset. I had originally set a preset on Windows, and when I opened the Android app, that same preset is what was highlighted as well.
Phew this is good to know Nice one I've been doing it right then. That's good. I made my own preset you see it's quite a good one too.

Jan 3, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #4,174 of 7,191
Hmm i tried remove all the wireless dongles it did improve abit. After i plug back in the popping and hissing sound comes back,Its very intermittent. Not sure if that's just me. Anyone with multiple wireless keyboard , mouse facing the same issue with penrose? Is there a way I can record what I hearing on headset?

what worked for me is fix shown in this thread.

remove any external hard drive and plug the dongle in any back port but leave empty ports around it..i plugged mine in the top and left the 2 below it empty.

this methoed worked to stop the clicking and pop for me and also gained more distance without interruptions with every WIFI device in the room turned on.

the issue with (bluetooth + wifi) when receiving an audio from the dongle on pc and making a WIFI call on iphone is still there and its unbearable to end a call every 5-10 min, penrose pops and cracks like its dying.

hope they fix this with an update, if so than it will be the best headset for me. from what i read here audeze is one of the best to stand by their products with fixing issues.

Jan 3, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #4,175 of 7,191
I’ve had a crackling/crunching sound in my right earcup since getting the Penrose X. It wasn’t too bad but definitely annoying and the support site said this was normal so I tried to see if it would get better. Well after using them probably for a total of 10 hours the issue has gotten way worse. Any slight head movement or adjustment sounds like someone is crunching tin foil in my right ear drum. Anyone know what could be causing this? I put in a support request so hopefully I can get this resolved.

Jan 3, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #4,176 of 7,191
I haven't had any crackling issues with mine sounds like a QC (quality control) issue to me but could be wrong.

On a side note, a friend is telling me I need to use atmos for spatial sound, this is because I play fps and hearing footsteps and where they are coming from. Is this true? Doesn't normal stereo achieve this?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #4,177 of 7,191
Audeze mentioned that the noise floor is lower on the Penrose than the Mobius, however I still see a some complaints about noise. Has anyone done a direct comparison of the Penrose and mobius/orbit to see if there is a difference?

Jan 4, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #4,178 of 7,191
Hi all,

Has anyone experienced this or know how to get round it.

Case - connected both via wireless to pc and Bluetooth to phone. I go upstairs out of range of my pc with my phone in my pocket, listening to music via Bluetooth. It keeps saying repeatedly 'connected'.

I have no issue being out of range of wireless, just want to carry on listening to music via Bluetooth.

I've tried headset on and off while upstairs and re connecting to Bluetooth, but issue persists. Maybe it's faintly picking up wireless still?

Jan 4, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #4,179 of 7,191
@Audeze
Several have reported that the background noise is still very present and disturbs at low volume, they have been asked several times if it can be eliminated with an update, but there are no answers. I am waiting in Italy for my Penrose X, and this worries me for the use that I will do ... thanks
P.s. When will they arrive in Italy?
@Audeze Could you give us an answer? Thank you so much

Jan 4, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #4,180 of 7,191
Hi all,

Has anyone experienced this or know how to get round it.

Case - connected both via wireless to pc and Bluetooth to phone. I go upstairs out of range of my pc with my phone in my pocket, listening to music via Bluetooth. It keeps saying repeatedly 'connected'.

I have no issue being out of range of wireless, just want to carry on listening to music via Bluetooth.

I've tried headset on and off while upstairs and re connecting to Bluetooth, but issue persists. Maybe it's faintly picking up wireless still?
Have you tried to change the connection to Bluetooth only on the headphone switch?

Jan 4, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #4,181 of 7,191
Have you tried to change the connection to Bluetooth only on the headphone switch?

Is this via the Multi Function Button, switching to Bluetooth? If so yes.

If there is another way of doing this then nope! I can't see this on my quick reference guide, something I'm missing?

Update - I went upstairs and the issue is occurring. I held the multi function button while on Bluetooth mode and it said pairing. This stopped the connecting message and music continued playing.

Went back downstairs and had to cycle to Wireless to re pair with pc, as this had been dropped. This in the process lost Bluetooth connection, so again had to re pair that, to get back to how I was at the start.

Seems a workaround and not ideal. Cant pop to get a drink or toilet without interruption.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #4,184 of 7,191
Is this via the Multi Function Button, switching to Bluetooth? If so yes.

If there is another way of doing this then nope! I can't see this on my quick reference guide, something I'm missing?

Update - I went upstairs and the issue is occurring. I held the multi function button while on Bluetooth mode and it said pairing. This stopped the connecting message and music continued playing.

Went back downstairs and had to cycle to Wireless to re pair with pc, as this had been dropped. This in the process lost Bluetooth connection, so again had to re pair that, to get back to how I was at the start.

Seems a workaround and not ideal. Cant pop to get a drink or toilet without interruption.
Yeah, I was talking about the multifunction button. You trunaround is definitely not ideal. I hope Audeze can find a better way to do it.

My bluetooth to The phone is only for calls, so It doesn't botter me much. But I would be upset in your case.

Jan 4, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #4,185 of 7,191
Yeah, I was talking about the multifunction button. You trunaround is definitely not ideal. I hope Audeze can find a better way to do it.

My bluetooth to The phone is only for calls, so It doesn't botter me much. But I would be upset in your case.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I will raise it through the proper channels to Audeze support at some stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back