Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 17, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #3,391 of 7,191
My order #11627 was placed in July and still list as unfulfilled. Are you not going chronologically?
The website is not updated with the tracking number yet. Sent you a message with your tracking number. Almost 85% of the orders were sent to UPS today. The rest will be handed over tomorrow. Tracking numbers on UPS site will only update when they scan it in the hub.
The tracking numbers come directly from UPS to the email id you used during the order. Check your spam messages, since they might be caught in the filters.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 17, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #3,392 of 7,191
The website is not updated with the tracking number yet. Sent you a message with your tracking number. Almost 85% of the orders were sent to UPS today. The rest will be handed over tomorrow. Tracking numbers on UPS site will only update when they scan it in the hub.
The tracking numbers come directly from UPS to the email id you used during the order. Check your spam messages, since they might be caught in the filters.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the quick response and good luck getting everything else out!

Dec 17, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #3,394 of 7,191
i also prefer the DTS option for CoD, thanks for the heads up on the sale, I was intending to purchase and have done now its on sale :)
Does it improve the audio spacial footsteps location in warzone?

Just played a couple games with the Penrose and it is a much better headphone compared to my previous ones. But the game audio is so bad that not even the Penrose to save it. :)

Dec 18, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #3,395 of 7,191
Anyone know if these headphones work better with either Atmos or DTS on Xbox? I’ve got Atmos already but have heard most people like the sound from DTS slightly more. Sounds like DTS is on sale, so curious to know on the headphone end if there’s anything I should be aware of.

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #3,397 of 7,191
Omg looking at the issues here... I wonder should I just cancel and order arctis pro wireless instead lol

You did what I should have done and read here before ordering/shipping :wink:

Spent some time playing Fortnite last night, quite nice although my ears started to protest after a couple of hours..

Back to this then:

1. Expected behavior at this time. Audeze stated they were looking to add this feature and have requested it for their wireless SDK dev.
  2. Also expected behavior. Currently, you can only pass on changes and updates to the Penrose via direct USB connection. This is also a feature they have since requested for their wireless SDK dev. Same with the volume decreasing when adjusting EQ bands.
  3. That is up to you. MLE uses Wave NX and seems to enjoy it. Dolby Atmos for Headphones seem to work alright for games that support it. I personally prefer keeping that stuff turned off and using stereo.

Any idea on when these fixes will be available/implemented?
Honestly I've never seen an equalizer that drastically lowers the overall volume when adjusting a single slider upwards. How can they even release a product with such obvious bugs? Is the reasoning that it's a weird bug but one can still make adjustments and correct for volume changes using the volume wheel on the left ear cup, so better to have these shipped out so people can start beta testing? Also, I've tested perhaps 6-7 different headsets over the past few months, trying to find the ultimate product. None of them failed to respond to the general Windows volume adjustment.

The good news, I suppose, is that all of this can and hopefully will be addressed with future firmware upgrades. I'm just curious what kind of time perspective we are looking at here? I'm not interested in using the dual audio wireless/BT, so any of the issues related to this feature are irrelevant. Sole reason I bought these is to get rid of the cable that's required with the Mobius, and PC Gaming.

How does one achieve the best performance in terms of localization of sounds, i.e. where footsteps and such come from? Use the Windows surround settings or disable it and use the headset in Stereo and leave it to the game?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #3,398 of 7,191
They have a trial for both if you want to do A/B testing :)

I never knew about these apps on the Xbox. Not to detail this thread, but will these (or at least one of them) be worth it for when my Penrose X finally get here? I watch a lot of movies at my desk since my Omega chair is super comfy to sit back and chill in. If I have this app it'll work for games and movies through Xbox and work nicely with the Penrose?

Dec 18, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #3,399 of 7,191
Honestly I've never seen an equalizer that drastically lowers the overall volume when adjusting a single slider upwards.

I have. It's likely that the EQ is "off" until you adjust the sliders, and turining on EQ has, in the past, reduced overall audio volume in some cases. I have no idea why this happens, but I have experienced it before in EQs in music playing software. Play Music app used to do this on Android, as did Spotify. The solution is normally to turn up the overall gain within the EQ if available, or just turn up the headphone volume. You've not lost anything as far as I know in terms of audio quality, you just had to turn up the volume.

Dec 18, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #3,402 of 7,191
I never knew about these apps on the Xbox. Not to detail this thread, but will these (or at least one of them) be worth it for when my Penrose X finally get here? I watch a lot of movies at my desk since my Omega chair is super comfy to sit back and chill in. If I have this app it'll work for games and movies through Xbox and work nicely with the Penrose?

What Sony did with "3D Audio" this year, xbox had this for 2-3 years now via Dolby Atmos. You just have to flip it in audio settings. DTS X was add recently, both require a one time license purchase and works with headphones / surround speakers.

Dec 18, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #3,403 of 7,191
For anyone out there who ordered within the past couple of weeks:

Penrose X has officially started shipping as of Friday 12/17 and will be shipping throughout the week on a first-come-first-served basis based on the date the purchase was made. It will take a few more days for all the pre-orders to ship, but our shipping team is heavily staffed and working as fast as they can. We don't have a way to manage individual orders within the shipping process right now.

The “Friday 12/17” is a little confusing, but basically don’t expect shipment by Christmas.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #3,404 of 7,191
What Sony did with "3D Audio" this year, xbox had this for 2-3 years now via Dolby Atmos. You just have to flip it in audio settings. DTS X was add recently, both require a one time license purchase and works with headphones / surround speakers.
Thank you. I guess there's no preference for one over the other and it's more for personal preference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back