Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 15, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #3,318 of 7,191
I mainly just wanted BT for easy headphone control via an app, but I may not even have that. So if they can’t deliver sooner than later, they’ll have to go back and wait for a rev2 or possibly the B&O audio gear that Xbox talked about. But no word on that so may be just back to a wired set....we’ll see. Hoping for the best. 😬

Dec 15, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #3,320 of 7,191
my issue now is with both bluetooth+wireless connected and i hear from both of them on the same time.

i get distortion after about 50-60 minute and wont resolve until i restart the headset...i do this every houre for the entire day!!

i hope someone else test this issue with his penrose.

everyone hear posted no dropout are using one audio source at a time OR (audio frome wireless and chat from bluetooth)

has anyone tried both sources playing audio all the time for more than an hour?

didn't see a post saying they all the time actually hearing audio from both sources and don't experience dropouts connection.

i hope i am not alone, if so my device maybe defective.

do you think maybe its heat from the components after this kind of use?

I have played music for hours off my PC with my laptop via BT for conf calls, videos etc with no issues here.

Dec 15, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #3,321 of 7,191
my issue now is with both bluetooth+wireless connected and i hear from both of them on the same time.

i get distortion after about 50-60 minute and wont resolve until i restart the headset...i do this every houre for the entire day!!

i hope someone else test this issue with his penrose.

everyone hear posted no dropout are using one audio source at a time OR (audio frome wireless and chat from bluetooth)

has anyone tried both sources playing audio all the time for more than an hour?

didn't see a post saying they all the time actually hearing audio from both sources and don't experience dropouts connection.

i hope i am not alone, if so my device maybe defective.

do you think maybe its heat from the components after this kind of use?
I have this issue more noticeable with my Fiio BTR5. Maybe because of the BTR5, but part of me thinks is because of my Bluetooth always sending signal to the BTR5 and it doesn't handle dual connection playing at the sime time..

I didn't have this problem with the Penrose when wifi to pc and Bluetooth to phone.

Dec 15, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #3,325 of 7,191
I have played music for hours off my PC with my laptop via BT for conf calls, videos etc with no issues here.

lucky you �� .....hope i find a fix as this issue is so annoying.

I have this issue more noticeable with my Fiio BTR5. Maybe because of the BTR5, but part of me thinks is because of my Bluetooth always sending signal to the BTR5 and it doesn't handle dual connection playing at the sime time..

I didn't have this problem with the Penrose when wifi to pc and Bluetooth to phone.

maybe i was to hard on the penrose as i was bluetooth on iphone snapchat calling+gaming AND youtube from PC.

i have done this on the pro wireless and had 0 issues but the audio quality from pensore really keeps me holding up on it hoping for a fix.

Dec 15, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #3,326 of 7,191
I haven't tried pairing the headset with my phone directly as I use my mobile using the windows 'my phone' app which works really well these days for taking and making calls etc.

Oh, so you weren't connected to PC 2.4ghz and phone bluetooth.That's where the issue happens from what I've read. Also the reason I'm considering canceling my 6 month old preorder... that's the main feature I care about and it's front and center on their advertised features.

Dec 16, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #3,327 of 7,191
Anyone have any travel case recommendations? I saw that Audeze sells one of their own but wanted to see what else was out there.
Wow... I just had mine arrive (can't open them yet - they are my Christmas present from my wife haha), but I had no idea they didn't come with a case. Surely they should have come with the case, rather than trying to sell the case separately.

Dec 16, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #3,328 of 7,191
Wow... I just had mine arrive (can't open them yet - they are my Christmas present from my wife haha), but I had no idea they didn't come with a case. Surely they should have come with the case, rather than trying to sell the case separately.

Annoyingly they don't even come with a cloth bag for easy dust-free storage of headset itself and the multitude of cables etc. that come with it. Inevitably I will probably lose something in a drawer because it can't be kept together easily. I paid £50 for HyperX Cloud II and even they come with a cloth bag.

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #3,329 of 7,191
I've found the wireless connection to be pretty stable and remained connected even as far as the hallway while wondering into kitchen to top-up a drink. (where it then disconnected). But it then reconnected when I got back into range, although because I've not set PS5 to autoswitch audio sources I then needed to reselect. However, that should be easily changed.

I have had some situations where headphones just "power-off". if they lose BT connection with a device connected / active via headset mode. That then seemed to cause an actual power-off - . I've not quite pinned it down but it seems to be replicated if I force a switch between headset and regular BT mode on my PC while handshake to headset mode is fully active. e.g. play a test-tune over headset and then in sounds control panel "disconnect" the headset. The headphones will then simply power off.

I wonder if THAT is the actual cause of perceived range issues. Are the people having issues doing simultaneous BT and wireless headset and could it be the BT that is actually cutting out?

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #3,330 of 7,191
So update after having used it more. I do not get any crackling, pops dropouts when using with my PS5 which is the main use. I get occasional ones when using BT but very infrequent. I do not find them that comfortable but I just have to move the headband after an hour or so to 'reset', sometimes it makes my head sore other times not, but comfort is of course so subjective it's almost pointless mentioning. I do not find my ears get hot after a 2h session.
The range isn't good but I don't move when I'm gaming so kind of a non issue for me, plus I live in an older house (1950s) with very thick walls. The sound quality is so far improved from the Arctis 7P I had that it justified the extra £80 for me right away. I hope to get many hours of use out of these.

I updated the firmware right away, and I don't talk much when I game so haven't even plugged the mic in yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back