Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 28, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #2,207 of 7,196
Linear PCM is the uncompressed/lossless format, so I’d leave it on that. Bitstream is compressed.
Yea I am on series X and it's just called uncompressed stereo on there, the other two are Dolby Atmos and DTS. I might try Atmos with my Penrose X when I get it but I think I will use uncompressed stereo because that's what the headset is meant for from what I am reading.

Nov 28, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #2,210 of 7,196
Only the Penrose is actually certified for the PS5 though. If you want to be future-proofed for PS5 use, the certified headset is safest. USB support on the PS5 is currently a mess; I should know, because I have not one, but two external USB drive enclosures that should work on the PS5, but don’t (despite both working perfectly on the PS4 Pro).
The PS5 will not work with DACs that use UAC2, which is most of the better ones. PS5 only supports UAC1 which is an older standard, but there are still ones out there.

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #2,211 of 7,196
Finally got my tracking number! Hopefully the audio quality is as good as people say. Can anyone give impressions with replacement pads (Audeze replacement or Dekoni)? If I plan to keep these I’d prefer to get rid of the garish blue color immediately.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think Dekoni pads will replace the blue plate, its only a replacement for the ear pad cup. The Audeze replacement ear pads do come with the coloured plate - I bought the carbon coloured one. Though I don't have a Penrose yet to see how it all looks yet...

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #2,213 of 7,196
Can anyone see if they can use wireless dongle to console simultaneously with 3.5 to pc? Thanks
I have not been able to get this to work. Maybe I am missing something? I have also tried simultaneous Wireless + Bluetooth and the sound is almost inaudible from the Wireless source (PS5) and sounds fine from the Bluetooth source (iPhone). Turning down the volume from my iPhone turns down the volume from the iPhone AND the PS5 game sound, so I am unsure how to fix this. However, it sounds completely fine if I do PS5 + Bluetooth with my laptop. Not sure what's up with that. @Audeze...any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back