Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 23, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #1,683 of 7,191
I've read all publications/announcements by @Audeze related to the Penrose X for months and I believe they've generally done a good job relaying the status of Microsoft's approval until now. As an attentive consumer seeking new official information, I have no interest in nor wish to be involved with any vendor being "burned for [being forthcoming] by a few vocal minorities angry about not getting specific deadlines". To be clear, my understanding is that no deadline has ever communicated by @Audeze regarding when Microsoft would "approve" the Penrose X. Like I said in my post, I am excited to receive it whenever I get it.

Respectfully @amoeba1126, my post was mostly about @Audeze displaying the official “Designed for Xbox” logo on the Penrose X sales page as of yesterday. This is new and it's game time (i.e. customers who pre-ordered the Penrose and/or Penrose X now have a PS5 and/or Xbox Series X/S but don't have the headset). Regardless, @Audeze needs to make an announcement that the Penrose X is or is not approved by Microsoft now that they are using official “Designed for Xbox” logo on their website.

Their last communication was that it passed they completed the initial round, made changes, sent back the firmware, and are currently waiting for final approval. Once it has been approved, I am sure they will communicate it to us.

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #1,684 of 7,191
Quite a few people have their hands on headsets currently and more will soon, do they not?
I pre-ordered late in the game because I was convinced by Audeze's frequent blog updates that they would fulfill ALL pre-order units shortly after launch. That was AFTER they mentioned that they would ship out prior to next gen console launches.

To me, delivery dates just keep getting pushed back.

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #1,685 of 7,191
So, who cares about everyone who didn't get one right? They don't have a right to be irked.

They should learn how to be patient and understanding about a situation that has killed many people and businesses and continue to greatly inconvenience the rest. It's called being mature about a situation that is literally affecting the entire world.

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #1,686 of 7,191
I pre-ordered late in the game because I was convinced by Audeze's frequent blog updates that they would fulfill ALL pre-order units shortly after launch. That was AFTER they mentioned that they would ship out prior to next gen console launches.

To me, delivery dates just keep getting pushed back.

Haven't they just said they are getting units out the door as quickly as they can? A company can't just ship stuff out 24/7. Working hours exist. When couriers pick up packages exist.

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #1,687 of 7,191
I just received mine a few days ago. I'm pretty happy with it to be honest. It sounds great, the only problems I have with it are I just wish there was a battery indicator somewhere, and the windows volume slider doesn't do anything for controlling the volume. Also the clamp force is a bit tight. I haven't tried the mic out yet other than self recording a test clip, but it sounds a bit quiet.

Initially, I had an issue similar to someone else where it kept looping the connecting/disconnecting over and over but I discovered that my front panel USB on my tower is severely underpowered after plugging it in to a port directly on my mobo. I was afraid there would be some interference like my desk obstructing the signal to the dongle, so I bought a USB extension cord and now have the dongle just on my desk without any obstruction.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #1,688 of 7,191
They should learn how to be patient and understanding about a situation that has killed many people and businesses and continue to greatly inconvenience the rest. It's called being mature about a situation that is literally affecting the entire world.

Of course they should be, but given that many of us have already paid them money we expect something in return, not empty promises. I would've been fine with delays had they announced them, instead they stated they would have them out and with expedited shipping.

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #1,689 of 7,191
I just received mine a few days ago. I'm pretty happy with it to be honest. It sounds great, the only problems I have with it are I just wish there was a battery indicator without having to plug it in and the windows volume slider doesn't do anything for controlling the volume. Also the clamp force is a bit tight. I haven't tried the mic out yet other than self recording a test clip, but it sounds a bit quiet.

Initially, I had an issue similar to someone else where it kept looping the connecting/disconnecting over and over but I discovered that my front panel USB on my tower is severely underpowered after plugging it in to a port directly on my mobo. I was afraid there would be some interference like my desk obstructing the signal to the dongle, so I bought a USB extension cord and now have the dongle just on my desk without any obstruction.

I completely agree with you. The lack of a battery indicator is pretty crazy to me and not being able to control the volume via the Windows is pretty annoying. Thankfully, they mentioned they will be addressing the latter in a firmware update.

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #1,690 of 7,191
Of course they should be, but given that many of us have already paid them money we expect something in return, not empty promises. I would've been fine with delays had they announced them, instead they stated they would have them out and with expedited shipping.

So call / email them and cancel it if you decided you can't wait and had enough of their "empty promises". Otherwise, learn that delays often happen without notice, especially for a company already rushing to get thing out the door.

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #1,693 of 7,191
Damn Audeze said most ps orders will be shipped by 10/26 except for a few exceptions and Im guessing that those are orders for people like me who ordered directly from them but are outside of the US. These look like they will ship only in Dec for me. So close to cancelling my order and just get hyperx cloud orbit

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #1,694 of 7,191
Damn Audeze said most ps orders will be shipped by 10/26 except for a few exceptions and Im guessing that those are orders for people like me who ordered directly from them but are outside of the US. These look like they will ship only in Dec for me. So close to cancelling my order and just get hyperx cloud orbit

If you can’t wait, do it. My advice is to order them from Amazon. They have a really good return policy. You can have something to use while you wait for everyone to get their orders, get more reviews read/watched, and then figure out if you should get them or not.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #1,695 of 7,191
Their last communication was that it passed they completed the initial round, made changes, sent back the firmware, and are currently waiting for final approval. Once it has been approved, I am sure they will communicate it to us.

@amoeba1126 - thank you. I distinctly recall reading that in the past week or two on posts I've read here (and elsewhere) and within my email inbox from Audeze. You affirming future communication commitments related to what @Audeze may or may not say isn't helpful. I'm new here - are you an Audeze employee with authorization to speak on the organization's behalf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back