Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 23, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #1,652 of 7,191

This dude who appears to be new to headphones in general has the only review up on YT currently. He literally doesn't even have the ability to do a 3.5mm wired connection, so everything is wireless. He performs a test in reaper that sounds awful at the 4:05, but later records through OBS at the 15:27 and it's night and day. (He claims in the video at the 4:05 that he's wired but he misunderstood that the USB wire is not an actual audio connection).

I still don't understand it and this guy, bless his heart, is awful at getting to the bottom of stuff lol.

He just posted another video update today all through Penrose Wireless and it sounds great.

Lmao this is pretty funny. Throwing out "maybe machine learning?" when we don't understand something is the new software engineer trend.

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #1,653 of 7,191
Yeah the guy is ridiculous. Everyone (well, just me maybe) just wants to know what is up with his mic quality (it's better than even the official Penrose sample) and he posts another 20 minute video just ignoring the question;.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #1,654 of 7,191
We dont plan to make AudezeHQ for Linux, but basic functionality works.
With this talk of X vs non X, honestly I just ordered the X because it's the one shown working with Linux here. Which is probably a bit silly, I suppose, since I'm sure the non X would do the same. Console wise, there's zero chance I ever get either. Kind of making me want to switch to non X just for that possibility.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #1,655 of 7,191
Once again, objectively false. Stop fearmongering, shill.

How is it objectively false? Audeze could easily implement via firmware a device check on the dongle and if it reports back anything Sony, to not work. Devices and services that had unofficial features only to lose them in a future update are a dime a dozen. The fact that no one can guarantee future support for an unofficial feature is in fact, true.

I also completely agree with Envy on the stance of resale value. It's a pretty dumb argument IMO. You buy things to fit what you need or want right now, not what you think you might need or want in the future.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #1,656 of 7,191
With this talk of X vs non X, honestly I just ordered the X because it's the one shown working with Linux here. Which is probably a bit silly, I suppose, since I'm sure the non X would do the same. Console wise, there's zero chance I ever get either. Kind of making me want to switch to non X just for that possibility.

I know which one you would get faster. :D

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #1,657 of 7,191
For those who haven't received their orders yet, here's an update after contacting Audeze support:

"Our shipping team has been expanded well beyond its normal size to help manage the extra load of shipping the thousands of Penrose orders we've received. Some orders were accidentally mixed up during the packing and labeling process, even though all paperwork was turned over to the shipping team in order by date.

Due to this error, some newer orders were mistakenly shipped before older ones, and we apologize for this. We have corrected the process and all remaining orders are now grouped appropriately. The good news is that most orders are currently packed and are waiting for labels to be created so they can be picked up by FedEx. With just a few exceptions, every Penrose PS order placed before 10/26 should be shipping out at some point in the next week. Orders placed on or after 10/26 may be delayed by a few more days while we await the next production batch.

As always, tracking emails will be sent once the labels are created.
Thanks again for your continued patience!"

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #1,660 of 7,191
I wonder if they've started preparing bulk shipping to resellers or when that will occur. I spoke to 'addicted to audio' a few days ago and they were expecting them by the end of this week IOT start shipping out to their customers the following week. However, considering Audeze haven't finished shipping direct orders this seems unlikely.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #1,661 of 7,191
For those who haven't received their orders yet, here's an update after contacting Audeze support:

"Our shipping team has been expanded well beyond its normal size to help manage the extra load of shipping the thousands of Penrose orders we've received. Some orders were accidentally mixed up during the packing and labeling process, even though all paperwork was turned over to the shipping team in order by date.

Due to this error, some newer orders were mistakenly shipped before older ones, and we apologize for this. We have corrected the process and all remaining orders are now grouped appropriately. The good news is that most orders are currently packed and are waiting for labels to be created so they can be picked up by FedEx. With just a few exceptions, every Penrose PS order placed before 10/26 should be shipping out at some point in the next week. Orders placed on or after 10/26 may be delayed by a few more days while we await the next production batch.

As always, tracking emails will be sent once the labels are created.
Thanks again for your continued patience!"
Orders before 10/26 should be shipped at some point in the next week? As in week of Nov. 30th?

This is insane. I was expecting my Penrose to arrive sometime THIS week as said by multiple Audeze representatives on reddit and through phone call (November order). Now it won't be until December?? Damn shame.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #1,662 of 7,191
I wonder if they've started preparing bulk shipping to resellers or when that will occur. I spoke to 'addicted to audio' a few days ago and they were expecting them by the end of this week IOT start shipping out to their customers the following week. However, considering Audeze haven't finished shipping direct orders this seems unlikely.

Last I heard on that topic, Audeze has authorized for devices to automatically be shipped to resellers from the factory instead of going to Audeze first.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #1,663 of 7,191
How is it objectively false? Audeze could easily implement via firmware a device check on the dongle and if it reports back anything Sony, to not work. Devices and services that had unofficial features only to lose them in a future update are a dime a dozen. The fact that no one can guarantee future support for an unofficial feature is in fact, true.

I also completely agree with Envy on the stance of resale value. It's a pretty dumb argument IMO. You buy things to fit what you need or want right now, not what you think you might need or want in the future.

If you genuinely don't understand why that's a stupid take, I can't help you.

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #1,664 of 7,191
Exact same thing happened to me. I emailed to cancel my order last week and Andrew from Audeze said oh not sure if we can as they're all being packed.

I emailed again on Saturday and Andrew replied once again and said cancellation is not possible.

Today a shipping label has been generated. Not happy.

I ordered in October btw.

I ordered 10/4/20. I have asked Audeze for a prepaid label. While I understand that things happen, considering there is no ability to cancel an order directly on the website, I am disappointed that my request was not able to be honored before shipping.

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #1,665 of 7,191

This dude who appears to be new to headphones in general has the only review up on YT currently. He literally doesn't even have the ability to do a 3.5mm wired connection, so everything is wireless. He performs a test in reaper that sounds awful at the 4:05, but later records through OBS at the 15:27 and it's night and day. (He claims in the video at the 4:05 that he's wired but he misunderstood that the USB wire is not an actual audio connection).

I still don't understand it and this guy, bless his heart, is awful at getting to the bottom of stuff lol.

He just posted another video update today all through Penrose Wireless and it sounds great.

What’s reaper does anybody know?

also @Audeze please hurry up with the penrose X it’s becoming a bit of a joke now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back