Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 18, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #1,097 of 7,191
We have updated the Mobius firmware to address many of the issues. Some of those improvements are also reflected in Penrose.
One of the good things about active headphones like Mobius and Penrose is, we can improve the experience over time with firmware updates etc.

For example in Mobius we changed
1. EQ modes to have more Bass (Warm Profile)
2. Saving modes and preferences. When we initially designed the Mobius, we thought users will primarily use it 3D mode and the 2 Channel solution was just for Mobile use.
3. Adding 3D with No headtracking mode.
4. Microphone volume setting.

In Penrose we took a lot of feedback that came from Mobius and also based on how people used Mobius.
1. Headphone UI is simplified. Some of the settings like EQ changes, Side-tone on/off have been moved to App. There is no complex button combinations.
2. Microphone quality
3. User customizable EQ - This was the single most requested feature on Mobius. The feedback we got was, people was to change the EQ and save it, but do not want to keep changing it. Infact only very few percentage of people changed the EQ on Mobius. The app should allow users to change and save the EQ.
4. Start/shutdown times have been reduced.
Great! thanks for the feedback, all those improvements are really welcome. Well done!

BTW, thanks for the hard efforts of the teams to recover the delays as maximum as possible.

Nov 18, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #1,098 of 7,191
For anyone that has received theirs. How has battery life been? I used to only get between 7-8 hours on my Mobius, which was a bit disappointing and led me to return them after a couple months. I was using them wired to an Xbox One/PS4 controller, not sure if that caused increased drain that way.

Nov 18, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #1,099 of 7,191
For anyone that has received theirs. How has battery life been? I used to only get between 7-8 hours on my Mobius, which was a bit disappointing and led me to return them after a couple months. I was using them wired to an Xbox One/PS4 controller, not sure if that caused increased drain that way.
I used them from like 2pm until 11pm via Bluetooth, and via aux to my Xbox controller and it didn’t give me the low battery warning . I fully charged it prior to using the first time.

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #1,101 of 7,191
Hi - for clarity - can you please confirm when non direct international orders (UK specifically) will leave you. Since yesterday I have read more than one version of timescales so would be good to know what the expected despatch window is. Thanks.

@Audeze - apologies for the repeated question but do you have any timescale yet of when stock (Playstation version) will be sent to UK/EU distributors please? Both Scan and HiFi Headphones in the UK seem quite silent on availability dates so just looking for a bit of clarity if possible. Thanks in advance.

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #1,102 of 7,191
@Audeze - apologies for the repeated question but do you have any timescale yet of when stock (Playstation version) will be sent to UK/EU distributors please? Both Scan and HiFi Headphones in the UK seem quite silent on availability dates so just looking for a bit of clarity if possible. Thanks in advance.
Our goal is to ship them next week to other countries.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 18, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #1,106 of 7,191
I have a pair of Beyer Dynamic DT770(250ohm) cans that i use with a Sony Receiver to get Lossless LPCM sound for both movies and gaming, but I'm absolutely sick and tired of the wire getting in the way. I use an extension cable with it, which makes it about 12 feet. I love my beyers, especially after tinkering with the treble and bass on my amplifier but i'd love to go wireless at this point. That is, if i'm not sacrificing sound quality, latency etc.

Do you guys honestly think the Penrose's will be able to match the DT770's(while using a receiver) or surpass them, and what about latency? I hear wired cans have a latency of 7ms, yet blue tooth '2.4Ghz' has up to 16ms....but i need to know the exact numbers. and will the Penrose work with the Nintendo Switch?

thanks!

Nov 18, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #1,107 of 7,191
Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #1,108 of 7,191
So that would be slightly over twice the amount of lag compared to a wired set of cans.
These cans are touted as gamer headphones, but wouldn't they be good for movies, music and just regular use in general.They are supposedly nearly identical to the Mobius's in sound, but introduce 2.4Ghz etc.

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #1,109 of 7,191
So that would be slightly over twice the amount of lag compared to a wired set of cans.
These cans are touted as gamer headphones, but wouldn't they be good for movies, music and just regular use in general.They are supposedly nearly identical to the Mobius's in sound, but introduce 2.4Ghz etc.
Yes. They are good for movies/music and even video conference calls etc.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 18, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #1,110 of 7,191

Yes, they're just as good for movies/music/general use as they are for games. You can just pop out the mic and they're regular headphones.

To put latency in perspective, 2X a wired headset is indistinguishable from wired sound.
-Bluetooth headphones will be 100-300ms (noticeable even in movies).
-Wired speakers will be ~7ms + 0.9ms/ft for the speed of sound. Across a 10ft room, the sound will take 16ms to reach your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back