Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 17, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #1,066 of 7,191
I could have sworn i seen a 3d button on one of the videos, but I can't find it. Probably was some other headset
The button that the mobius uses for 3D is the blue tooth button now. See the attached picture.

Attachments

• D5EAB155-EC2B-4212-819D-F70283BB2EAE.jpeg
    D5EAB155-EC2B-4212-819D-F70283BB2EAE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Nov 17, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #1,067 of 7,191
Interesting the instructions include the Penrose X dongle - even on the non X version.

Still torn between the Penrose or Penrose X and hopeful PS5 compatibility. Looks like it'll be December in the UK for the PS version anyway so a few more week's wait won't hurt I guess?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #1,071 of 7,191
Guys its frustrating no doubt but we all knew the situation I have to wait even longer for the Xbox version and the fact I ordered from a UK distributor you have no idea how frustrating it is shouting at myself to the screen lol.

I'm just frustrated on who is getting selected to get their headset shipped. Like @Androidisgimp and @Cazorp who ordered it earlier and still haven't got tracking info yet. I'm glad people are getting but if you ordered in September why are they getting it before someone who ordered in July or August makes 0 sense to me. @Audeze

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #1,072 of 7,191
I'm just frustrated on who is getting selected to get their headset shipped. Like @Androidisgimp and @Cazorp who ordered it earlier and still haven't got tracking info yet. I'm glad people are getting but if you ordered in September why are they getting it before someone who ordered in July or August makes 0 sense to me. @Audeze
I ordered the day that Audeze announced them on July 15th so maybe that’s why i got mine already. I can tell you they are definitely worth the wait!

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #1,076 of 7,191
Can you compare sound quality to anything?
I’m not a reviewer at all, I mean recently I’ve been using the mobius a lot for music and gaming, the AirPods Pro as well. I have a ton of other headphones but i haven’t been using them like the HD660s, the HD6xx, the Beyers DT770 80 ohms etc. These sound most similar to the Mobius (obviously lol) but they are tuned differently. One weird thing I’ve found is a weird noise when you change songs in Apple Music via Bluetooth but the sound isn’t present in Spotify. These are also louder than the mobius via bluetooth for some reason. It also turns on a lot faster than the mobius and the “power on” is even louder than Mobius. I’m sure Madlustenvy will review them, he’ll do a much better job than i can.

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #1,077 of 7,191
I’m not a reviewer at all, I mean recently I’ve been using the mobius a lot for music and gaming, the AirPods Pro as well. I have a ton of other headphones but i haven’t been using them like the HD660s, the HD6xx, the Beyers DT770 80 ohms etc. These sound most similar to the Mobius (obviously lol) but they are tuned differently. One weird thing I’ve found is a weird noise when you change songs in Apple Music via Bluetooth but the sound isn’t present in Spotify. These are also louder than the mobius via bluetooth for some reason. It also turns on a lot faster than the mobius and the “power on” is even louder than Mobius. I’m sure Madlustenvy will review them, he’ll do a much better job than i can.

So in general, are you satisfied?

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #1,079 of 7,191
I ordered the day that Audeze announced them on July 15th so maybe that’s why i got mine already. I can tell you they are definitely worth the wait!

I ordered both versions on July 15th and have not received any tracking info for the Penrose one yet. Either they are not giving priority based on order date or worse they are waiting to ship both together whenever the Xbox version is ready to go. However, they have shipped items separately for me in the past when one was not in stock. At least the Mobius still works via USB with PS5 while waiting for Penrose, look forward to ditching the cable though.

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #1,080 of 7,191
I ordered both versions on July 15th and have not received any tracking info for the Penrose one yet. Either they are not giving priority based on order date or worse they are waiting to ship both together whenever the Xbox version is ready to go. However, they have shipped items separately for me in the past when one was not in stock. At least the Mobius still works via USB with PS5 while waiting for Penrose, look forward to ditching the cable though.
How is the Mobius and 3D audio with Tempest working out for you?

I have the Arctis 7P right now and these sound terrible even with tempest lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back