Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 1, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #676 of 7,191
How can they give a date when they’re waiting for stuff they have no control over?

That’s my point, no dates should’ve been given.

I was told ‘they are due to ship on 16th October’
Then I was told they were being shipped on 26th October. Now it mentions the end of November delivery. I believe the dates were given because they wanted customers to just hang on, instead of cancelling.
It’s odd how Audeze haven’t commented on this thread recently either.
I’ll probably pick a pair up once they are actually in stock. I’d rather not wait around and keep being disappointed with delivery dates that are not accurate :)

Nov 1, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #677 of 7,191
Not quite sure how you can even say that with a straight face considering one page back there was a lengthy post with statements of "it seems like they just lied about when they would be ready to increase pre orders and get some quick money into the business during the difficult times we are in" and "I wish they'd have just been honest from the beginning" and even "Instead, it seems like they just wanted to get as much money in on early pre orders to help the business through these difficult circumstances." You can easily find such posts since the delay was first announced.

I meant from my point of view there is no question of a trust issue - I hadn't genuinely seen those other posts when replying to the thread.

Nov 2, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #678 of 7,191
I can agree that you don't have to get overly emotional about it. There are more important things in life than a delay in getting your gaming headset, so don't lose your sanity over it.

👆👍

Having said that, I think it's fair to point out the injustice in holding individuals to a higher standard than we hold corporations.

I generally agree with this. In this specific case it seemed to me that was the whole point of the preorder discount: one gets the headset for a bit less in exchange for handing the money over early and to some extend bearing the risk of delays. Agreed, for some this "gamble" may not have turned out as favorable as they might have hoped, but such is the nature of investments? :wink:

I do understand that while the refund option technically takes the edge off the deal, it can't heal the disappointment of a dashed expectation quite so easily :/

Nov 2, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #680 of 7,191
Wow, didn't check here for a week and this thread got derailed quick :sweat_smile:

I'll be disappointed if I don't get the Penrose in time for the PS5 release (19th Nov here in the UK, all things being well, THANKS COVID), considering it was touted for a September release initially, but I'll not lose sleep over it. My HyperX Cloud 2s will just have to tide me over a little longer!

Nov 2, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #681 of 7,191
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they were due to in mid-October until circumstances beyond Audeze's control happened.

I just cannot stand it when people leap to assume "WELL OBVIOUSLY THEY WERE BEING BIG FAT LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRES" as though they've never had to delay/cancel something for reasons you had no control over.

Nov 2, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #682 of 7,191
I dunno what you guys are on, but sometimes things happen during production. Like Audeze was having some Windows compatibility issues which added to delays.

I for one would rather they work out the kinks completely before they ship, as to not deal with a bunch of post launch headaches.

I received a pre-pro for review and there are still kinks, so yes, GIVE THEM TIME.

Rushing a product to market is never the right call.

I tested then on ps4, and even the phone as well as Nintendo Switch with a usb dongle to the wireless transmitter, and it worked perfectly.

These are hella solid, and I'm pleased with them sans some kinks that should be resolved by launch. The important things like sound quality, and noise floor are excellent. So be patient. It's turning out to be a great product.

20201031_004356.jpg

20201031_003307.jpg

20201031_005059.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #684 of 7,191
@Mad Lust Envy thanks for the update - great to see you got them in hand.

Any idea when/if you're gonna drop a full review? Looking forward to reading your thoughts!
Probably by the time of launch. I haven't started writing yet.

Nov 2, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #686 of 7,191
It has 24bit/48k option in windows.

The noise floor is basically like ambient room noise, and lower than the Mobius, so it shouldn't be an issue whatsoever. By that, I mean I can't hear anything the Penrose is outputting over any ambient noise. It's silent, whereas the Mobius had just enough noise floor to be heard if you paid attention.

I haven't compared to the Mobius yet. I want to get the majority of the impressions and review out of the way before I compare.

Either way, same or different than the Mobius, their use case is quite different. I'd say they're a little less warm and more spacious sounding than the default preset of the Mobius (based off memory). Dryer, cleaner, snappier sound (cleanly outlines sounds in the stage, nothing hazy or blurry). Still great extension. As always, tweaks are still being made to them, so things are always subject to change.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #687 of 7,191
I'd say they're a little less warm and more spacious sounding than the default preset of the Mobius (based off memory). Dryer, cleaner, snappier sound (cleanly outlines sounds in the stage, nothing hazy or blurry).

Nice -- I am liking that direction. I have the Mobius and I can't say I will mind this direction for the Penrose. There's a good chance I will sell off my Mobius after I get my Penrose.

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #689 of 7,191
Audeze LCD headphones are built like absolute tanks. The Mobius/Penrose are made of plastic but they give enough that they ain't gonna snap on you or break without forcing them unrealistically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back