Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Oct 31, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #646 of 7,191
Preparing for PS5 day and have been seeing these mentioned a lot when discussing headphones. Apart from being wireless, is there any other reasons one would look at these if they already have some good cans to connect to the dual sense controller or AVR?
I bought the PS4 Gold headset and while it's good being cable free, I've ended up using my Focal Elegia or Momentum 2.0 connected to the controller as sound has been way better.

Oct 31, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #649 of 7,191
Given the current state of the world is what’s affecting their situation, I find it pretty amusing how frustrated some of you are getting.
I mean it is very important for not only them as a business but for the consumers who are getting the consoles on launch day to have a headset to work along side them.

Unless consumers have a variety of headsets to use, it won't be hard to understand other people's frustration that they won't be arriving when their new consoles arrive and probably have to side with other companies.

Penrose (PS5) will have a very tight window whether they will arrive before the 12th, the Penrose X however doesn't feel like it will arrive until late November. These headphones should've been in the consumers hands next week if they committed to their previous update.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #651 of 7,191
Given the current state of the world is what’s affecting their situation, I find it pretty amusing how frustrated some of you are getting.

If a normal consumer doesn't pay their bills on time they are charged fees, interest, and it damages their credit score.
When it's a company taking that consumer's money upfront and not delivering on a promised release date, they are just expected to smile and nod.

Kind of weird that people put up with those sorts of double standards, don't you think?

Oct 31, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #652 of 7,191

You are adorable! What are you, 5?

If a normal consumer doesn't pay their bills on time they are charged fees, interest, and it damages their credit score.
When it's a company taking that consumer's money upfront and not delivering on a promised release date, they are just expected to smile and nod.

Kind of weird that people put up with those sorts of double standards, don't you think?

If I don't pay my bills, my electricity shuts off. If they don't deliver in a timeframe you deem acceptable, you can cancel your pre-order and get your money back in full and someone else will eventually buy the headphones you missed out on. How are the two remotely similar? There is a global pandemic that has put many companies out of businesses and heavily backlogged even the biggest of companies that can afford to stay open. Getting upset at a company for delays outside of their control seems incredibly petty to me.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #653 of 7,191
I mean it is very important for not only them as a business but for the consumers who are getting the consoles on launch day to have a headset to work along side them.

Unless consumers have a variety of headsets to use, it won't be hard to understand other people's frustration that they won't be arriving when their new consoles arrive and probably have to side with other companies.

Penrose (PS5) will have a very tight window whether they will arrive before the 12th, the Penrose X however doesn't feel like it will arrive until late November. These headphones should've been in the consumers hands next week if they committed to their previous update.

Does them not being able to deliver headsets on time prevent you from using your console? No, it doesn't. You can still plug it into your TV and play. Does it take away from your ability to get sound? No, you can buy a pair of wireless headphones from Amazon and return it within 30 days. Penrose should be out before you can't return them. What you fail to understand is that they could not commit to their previous update. They explained why countless of times. That you either fail to understand the logic or choose not to accept it is completely irrelevant.

Oct 31, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #654 of 7,191
Preparing for PS5 day and have been seeing these mentioned a lot when discussing headphones. Apart from being wireless, is there any other reasons one would look at these if they already have some good cans to connect to the dual sense controller or AVR?
I bought the PS4 Gold headset and while it's good being cable free, I've ended up using my Focal Elegia or Momentum 2.0 connected to the controller as sound has been way better.

Nah, it's purely for the convenience of having wireless headphones when gaming or maybe even video conferencing. Aside from that, there are no additional benefits and a world of disadvantages when compared with wired alternatives.

Nov 1, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #655 of 7,191
People are perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved at this situation. They’ve paid for an item and then had hopes raised time after time by Audeze.

Of course the pandemic has impacted things but I think the biggest issue is how Audeze have communicated (or not) the dates these will be ready. They’ve been too optimistic on more than one occasion in order to keep the preorder customers hanging on rather than coming clean and being realistic.

As it stands I won’t believe any release date assumptions on here until there are some hands on reviews.

Nov 1, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #656 of 7,191
You are adorable! What are you, 5?

If I don't pay my bills, my electricity shuts off. If they don't deliver in a timeframe you deem acceptable, you can cancel your pre-order and get your money back in full and someone else will eventually buy the headphones you missed out on. How are the two remotely similar? There is a global pandemic that has put many companies out of businesses and heavily backlogged even the biggest of companies that can afford to stay open. Getting upset at a company for delays outside of their control seems incredibly petty to me.
For me, it is not the delays that are the issue. It is the complete lack of communication.

Firstly, I can't see how they estimated delivery in September at the beginning. If there was all these certifications needed, there was no way they would have been ready. I assumed stuff like that was already done, hence why I pre ordered, however it seems like they just lied about when they would be ready to increase pre orders and get some quick money into the business during the difficult times we are in.

From then on, I have had to email asking for updates. It seems like they aren't giving anyone, be it distributors or those who ordered direct, much info at all, and that when people press for info they just say something that they think we want to hear. There's no way they can be constantly giving us incorrect dates by accident, they just don't want people cancelling.

I wish they'd have just been honest from the beginning and told us: "we still need x certifications before these can ship, we don't have an exact timeframe but this could take a few weeks or it could be 4+ months", and then let us make a somewhat informed buying decision. Instead, it seems like they just wanted to get as much money in on early pre orders to help the business through these difficult circumstances.

Nov 1, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #657 of 7,191
People are perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved at this situation. They’ve paid for an item and then had hopes raised time after time by Audeze.

Of course the pandemic has impacted things but I think the biggest issue is how Audeze have communicated (or not) the dates these will be ready. They’ve been too optimistic on more than one occasion in order to keep the preorder customers hanging on rather than coming clean and being realistic.

As it stands I won’t believe any release date assumptions on here until there are some hands on reviews.

"People are perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved at this situation." Sure, doesn't make it any less petty and amusing to me.

Coming clear on what exactly? They have said time and time again that when they can start shipping depends on when certification is completed. They explained how they came up with their original timeframe; it was based off Mobius certification process. They informed us once the first round of MS certification was passed. They told people they will help people who can't wait in cancelling their pre-order.

What are your communication concerns at this point that are actually legitimate? Do you honestly expect them do come in here or email you every other day and go "Yep... still no news for you!"

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #658 of 7,191
"People are perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved at this situation." Sure, doesn't make it any less petty and amusing to me.

Coming clear on what exactly? They have said time and time again that when they can start shipping depends on when certification is completed. They explained how they came up with their original timeframe; it was based off Mobius certification process. They informed us once the first round of MS certification was passed. They told people they will help people who can't wait in cancelling their pre-order.

What are your communication concerns at this point that are actually legitimate? Do you honestly expect them do come in here or email you every other day and go "Yep... still no news for you!"

While it may feel petty, you coming on here and attacking everyone's views as wrong doesn't help the situation, does it?

If you care to look back there have been numerous dates given both before and after certification issues and each update just seems to push the date further forward despite the previous update giving a pretty concrete despatch date and saying things were ready to go.

Your sarcasm at the end of your post just makes you look the age you were previously accusing another member of being. Of course no one expects daily updates. Pathetic.

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #659 of 7,191
While it may feel petty, you coming on here and attacking everyone's views as wrong doesn't help the situation, does it?

If you care to look back there have been numerous dates given both before and after certification issues and each update just seems to push the date further forward despite the previous update giving a pretty concrete despatch date and saying things were ready to go.

Your sarcasm at the end of your post just makes you look the age you were previously accusing another member of being. Of course no one expects daily updates. Pathetic.

"... attacking everyone's views as wrong" Everyone's views? Really? You honestly think everyone lacks patience regarding what is ultimately a luxury item? Do you even consider how badly and erroneously with that statement there? For the record, I didn't attack your view as wrong. I even agreed that you can feel aggrieved. I just consider it petty given what is currently going on in the world and affecting Audeze directly.

What part of them being unable to give a concrete date are you unable to understand? If the lab performing the certification could give them a hard date on completion, they would have given us one already. They JUST passed the first round of certification for MS. That means there is at least a 2nd round. With how backlogged that lab probably is, if you take a minute to set aside your "aggrieved" state, you can figure out that it's not up to Audeze at this point.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I am legitimately curious as to what your expectations are in regards to communication. They have communicated any time they had news to communicate. At least from my perspective, it just seems you want them to say what YOU want to hear. If they did that without having a hard date from the lab, that would actually be lying.

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #660 of 7,191
"... attacking everyone's views as wrong" Everyone's views? Really? You honestly think everyone lacks patience regarding what is ultimately a luxury item? Do you even consider how badly and erroneously with that statement there? For the record, I didn't attack your view as wrong. I even agreed that you can feel aggrieved. I just consider it petty given what is currently going on in the world and affecting Audeze directly.

What part of them being unable to give a concrete date are you unable to understand? If the lab performing the certification could give them a hard date on completion, they would have given us one already. They JUST passed the first round of certification for MS. That means there is at least a 2nd round. With how backlogged that lab probably is, if you take a minute to set aside your "aggrieved" state, you can figure out that it's not up to Audeze at this point.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I am legitimately curious as to what your expectations are in regards to communication. They have communicated any time they had news to communicate. At least from my perspective, it just seems you want them to say what YOU want to hear. If they did that without having a hard date from the lab, that would actually be lying.

Backtrack and word it however you want now.

Besides I'm not aggrieved (I'm waiting to order), I was merely stating those that have pre-ordered could rightly be. Additionally your certification/MS argument focuses on the X version, what about the PS version?

All I want to hear is an honest, accurate release date - without another change just a week down the line. It’s not even something that has angered me, just think it’s the professional way to run a business and a fair way to treat customers.

Just a shame this scenario detracts from the product.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back