Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 19, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #1,306 of 7,191
Does anyone have the Logitech G Pro X Wireless to compare to Penrose?

I bought the G Pro X wireless to hold me off until my penrose came in. I was actually really disappointed in the sound of the G Pro X...pretty boring sound and its max volume is still pretty quiet. The penrose at the factory settings sounds a lot better so far.

also...switched out the blue ear cups as soon as I got them...looks a lot better now

Attachments

• 20201119_173824.jpg
    20201119_173824.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 19, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #1,307 of 7,191
I love my Mobius, I expect to love my Penrose for what I'm going to use it for. I ordered July 15 in the US, in FL, I hope to get my shipping email soon. I am going to use Penrose for my Work At Home business on my PC, then, when it's quitting time, I'm logging out and Rockin' out!
Honestly I'm shocked that you haven't gotten a shipping email yet I was told that they were done with summer units and now onto August, Sept, Oct...

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #1,308 of 7,191
I bought the G Pro X wireless to hold me off until my penrose came in. I was actually really disappointed in the sound of the G Pro X...pretty boring sound and its max volume is still pretty quiet. The penrose at the factory settings sounds a lot better so far.

also...switched out the blue ear cups as soon as I got them...looks a lot better now
Looks brilliant with the black ear cups! Really changes the whole vibe from gamery to professional.
How far can you get from the receiver with them, by the way?

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #1,309 of 7,191

They really do look much better without the blue. I’ll definitely have to figure out how to get the Dekoni faux suede cups here to Aus.

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #1,310 of 7,191
Honestly I'm shocked that you haven't gotten a shipping email yet I was told that they were done with summer units and now onto August, Sept, Oct...
Ordered it under my wife's email, for financial reasons, lol, I'll get it when I get it, not worried or anxious. My Mobius sounds great now, I just wanted to combine my love of music with better sound definition at work as well, without cords. IMHO, it's a good deal. I can't afford $1,000 headphones.

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #1,311 of 7,191

Mice and remotes aside, Logitech has always had pretty mediocre stuff IMO. Their speakers always had way inflated specs and their subwoofers vomited bass, but people kept buying them because they didn't know any better. Always a great reminder that there are companies that happen to make products that produce audio and there are companies that actually produce audio products. Now there are pros and cons to all products; you just got to figure out what's actually important to you. For immersive or serious music listening, I have my modded Fostex TH-X00 powered by my Grace Mxx amp/DAC combo. For gaming, latency and audio quality are important to me especially if I am also listening to music. Out of all the headsets out there, Penrose best checks those boxes for me. For someone who doesn't game but wants wireless while maintaining great audio, you have the Mobius and Panda.

They really do look much better without the blue. I’ll definitely have to figure out how to get the Dekoni faux suede cups here to Aus.

I have mine already

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #1,312 of 7,191

Great! thanks mate. My main use will be for work, so I hope the hiss is not that bad.

Need to find out how to get those pads here. MUCH BETTER than the Blue/Green. :)

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #1,313 of 7,191
That really just depends on how much wireless means to you. DT770's are great entry mid tier headphones. They are comfortable and built like tanks. A bit overrated in their prowess for gaming, but still fantastic headphones nonetheless.

Well, some user on here was saying that the Penrose overall bests the DT770's based on his experience. I guess i just really need to hear them for myself.
I just need a confirmation that the 16ms for 2.4Ghz with this cans is legit and the same goes while using a USB-C adapter for the nintendo switch. I'm afraid there might be
something funky going on, like a few compromises in comparison to what i'm getting with the Beyers. but whatever, i could always just return them if im unsatisfyed. that IS, if they even ship to canada right now

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #1,314 of 7,191
Does anyone have the Logitech G Pro X Wireless to compare to Penrose?
I had the Logitech G Pro X Wireless and was unsatisfied with them, that’s what lead me to order the Penrose.

They were fine for what they were and pretty much “just worked” out of the box except that the G Hub software is truly awful, the sound quality was just okay (several steps below Penrose), the simulated surround was awful (and they don’t actually support DTS:X or Microsoft’s surround even though they say they do), the mic quality was really poor, and they were super uncomfortable.

I would place them in 3rd place as far as wireless headsets go (Behind Penrose and Arctic Pro Wireless) if they weren’t so darn uncomfortable, really bad on that front, unusable to me.

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #1,315 of 7,191
Well, some user on here was saying that the Penrose overall bests the DT770's based on his experience. I guess i just really need to hear them for myself.
I just need a confirmation that the 16ms for 2.4Ghz with this cans is legit and the same goes while using a USB-C adapter for the nintendo switch. I'm afraid there might be
something funky going on, like a few compromises in comparison to what i'm getting with the Beyers. but whatever, i could always just return them if im unsatisfyed. that IS, if they even ship to canada right now

That was probably me. I said overall I feel the Mobius was a better headphones for gaming than the DT770s. The DT770's were better for music and movies imo. Like I said, got to figure out how important wireless gaming is for you. I hate cables when I am gaming.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #1,316 of 7,191
That was probably me. I said overall I feel the Mobius was a better headphones for gaming than the DT770s. The DT770's were better for music and movies imo.

yikes. I was hoping the Penrose would be better or just as good for all three and not just gaming. I'm trying to ditch the wire, but if the Penrose's are only great when covering gaming and not the other two, then maybe i'm better off sticking with the Beyers which sound fantastic for all of the above, unless there's a more expensive audiophile grade wireless 2.4ghz set of cans that can get the job done. Having a wire tethered to my headphones when watching movies and gaming i'll admit feels pretty damn dated at this point. :p

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #1,317 of 7,191
yikes. I was hoping the Penrose would be better or just as good for all three and not just gaming. I'm trying to ditch the wire, but if the Penrose's are only great when covering gaming and not the other two, then maybe i'm better sticking with the Beyers, unless there's a more expensive audiophile grade wireless 2.4ghz set of cans that can get the job done. Having a wire teathered to my headphones when watching movies and gaming i'll admit feels pretty damn dated at this point. :p

Uh no, I did not say that. I said I prefer the Mobius for gaming when it was connected via USB cable. The Mobius was good at music and movies too. I prefer the DT770 for music and movies as it is a more neutral headphone and more comfortable and I can use it with a amp/DAC of my preference.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #1,318 of 7,191
I see one or two complaining about noise, but neither of the two I have on hand barely go above ambient noise. Unless you're literally just sitting there TRYING to only listen to absolutely nothing so you can say "YEAH IT'S NOT DEAD SILENT", I dunno how a ANYONE would complain about noise. Ridiculous, to be honest.

It's quieter than the Mobius to a noticeable degree, and even that one isn't cause for concern.

I have to turn off the Penrose to even tell if the noise was ambient or actual noise from the Penrose. My ambient noise isn't dead silent, but then whose is? I don't sit in a closet alone to listen to my headphones. Manage your expectations. If you want a total black background, then get a wired setup with extremely isolating closed back cans.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #1,319 of 7,191
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that’s a free trial of Parallels rather than Windows. It’ll still require a Windows licence.

Free trail of Windows or not, it’s absurd that anyone has to consider installing bootcamp or any VM software to get Windows just so they can access basic functionality.
I fail to see how they considered such anti consumer usability acceptable.

What’s the product primarily for - console gaming. Should not need more than Headset and console to function correctly.

EQ etc are understandably external to this, but side tone which reportedly has a quantifiable negative effect if enabled, and it is by default, should be configurable on the headset.

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #1,320 of 7,191
If you want a total black background, then get a wired setup with extremely isolating closed back cans.

Or you know, any other headphone I’ve ever worn?
I’ve literally never even experienced a “sound floor” in any other headphones at the volume I listen to (medium/low). I can hear ambient buzzing when I turn the volume up beyond what I find to be comfortable with some other amplified headphones if I really want to but none that just have a constant ambient static sound like the Penrose do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back