Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 5, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #751 of 7,191
I just got an email from scan saying my Penrose X is being sorted for delivery I am sure they are playing tricks on me.
Are you in the US or the UK? That's great news they emailed you about that, and also, I think they said they will give a shipping update Friday, which is tomorrow, so hopefully we all know what to expect when it comes to shipping soon.

Nov 5, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #752 of 7,191
Are you in the US or the UK? That's great news they emailed you about that, and also, I think they said they will give a shipping update Friday, which is tomorrow, so hopefully we all know what to expect when it comes to shipping soon.
In the UK I also checked the website they stated on the order that the order is being picked.

Nov 5, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #757 of 7,191
So much excitement and anxiety in this thread. :)

Nov 6, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #760 of 7,191
I'm really liking my a steelseries arctis pro wireless for what it's worth. And you can drop by any Best Buy now to grab one. Also infinite battery juice and you don't have to ship it in to replace the battery long term.

The Arctic series headsets are fantastic for what they are and I really like the feature set on the Pro Wireless. Having said that, the sound quality on them is not impressive compared to considerably cheaper headphones from people like Audio Technica, Sennheiser, etc. I would imagine most of us here are holding out for the Penrose/X because we’re more interested in the considerably better sound (and microphone) that will hopefully be forthcoming, than we are things like easy battery changing.

Nov 6, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #761 of 7,191
I'm really liking my a steelseries arctis pro wireless for what it's worth. And you can drop by any Best Buy now to grab one. Also infinite battery juice and you don't have to ship it in to replace the battery long term.

One of the big things that stopped me getting them a while back was the need for optical to get the best out of them. Could see writing on the wall for optical on consoles unfortunately.

Nov 6, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #762 of 7,191
The Arctic series headsets are fantastic for what they are and I really like the feature set on the Pro Wireless. Having said that, the sound quality on them is not impressive compared to considerably cheaper headphones from people like Audio Technica, Sennheiser, etc. I would imagine most of us here are holding out for the Penrose/X because we’re more interested in the considerably better sound (and microphone) that will hopefully be forthcoming, than we are things like easy battery changing.
I'm with you on this one, hate those spaceship design and bad sound quality headsets. I'm a casual gamer and full time worker and music lover. So on a priority list game is last for me and Penrose ticks most of the boxes for me. It's far from perfect, far from it, but it works for me.

Nov 6, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #763 of 7,191

Kind of this, I have owned the pro wireless in the past and don't see what all the fuss is about sound wise, in saying that I was comparing them to the sennheiser 58x, beyer dt990 premium, hyperx cloud flight with pad swap and the pc37x.

If I had nothing to compare to I think I would have enjoyed them more, out of the box they're not great so I went down the pad swap route which brought them alive but at the end of the day my other headsets sounded better to my ears.

Just shows how we're all different given the views of the pro wireless in general. Just like some people swear by the mic but it's absolutely terrible, albeit not as bad as the cloud flight one as that thing should be burnt lol.

Might just preorder the Penrose because I won't know if I'll like it until I try it

Nov 6, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #764 of 7,191
I'm with you on this one, hate those spaceship design and bad sound quality headsets. I'm a casual gamer and full time worker and music lover. So on a priority list game is last for me and Penrose ticks most of the boxes for me. It's far from perfect, far from it, but it works for me.

Arctis are probably the least loud gaming headsets around. The Pro is more subtle than either Audeze model. Somewhere back in this thread there were a few requests to look more like them.

Nov 6, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #765 of 7,191
Arctis are probably the least loud gaming headsets around. The Pro is more subtle than either Audeze model. Somewhere back in this thread there were a few requests to look more like them.
You're right mate, It does have a nice look and, as I said before, I wish I could get an All black Penrose. but it is more expensive than Penrose, uses Mini USB (WTH?).

Many here mentioned the battery swap feature on the Arctis as a deal breaker for the Penrose...C'mon guys who here ever gave up on a buy of any other Bluetooth headphone from Sony, beats, Senn, Logi... because of non interchangeable batteries? thumbs up for Steelseries, but it doesn't make every other headphone in the world unusable.

PS.: has any one here considered that those headphone looks are intentional to make them shine when streaming? It's free marketing from the brand. It's like cars and any other thing.

I'm not happy with 3 months delay. But... that can happen with Pre-order. My Mobius took ages to arrive as well and many other "pre-orders".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back