Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jun 8, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #6,017 of 7,191
Audeze sent me out a new wireless dongle for the penrose because I was having a lot of crackling and popping. I connected the new dongle to my PS5 and I encountered the same popping and crackling. Also when I connect it to my laptop via the wireless dongle the popping and crackling becomes constant. I really enjoy the sound of the penrose when playing call of duty warzone with the audeze sound profile they made for warzone. The popping and crackling makes me not want to keep the headset. This is disappointing.

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #6,018 of 7,191
I'm just here to voice my absolute disgust at the 0.1.10 firmware deleting all my saved presets and settings for these headphones. Who thought that was a great move!? Is there any way to get these back to do I have to meticulously fine-tune these things again?

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #6,019 of 7,191
I'm just here to voice my absolute disgust at the 0.1.10 firmware deleting all my saved presets and settings for these headphones. Who thought that was a great move!? Is there any way to get these back to do I have to meticulously fine-tune these things again?
Two choices sadly, either redo them or invent time travel. Time travel might be less painful.

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #6,020 of 7,191
They are gone. What platform did you do the firmware update on? The Windows app warns they will be deleted and to save them before proceeding?

Jun 10, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #6,022 of 7,191
As a general practice, I always take screenshots of all my eq settings across music apps headphone apps.

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #6,023 of 7,191
I think you can backup the settings. At least on windows. Should be something people who put in the effort do by default. Just click save for each one.

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #6,025 of 7,191
Anyone else multi function stop working? Not sure if it was the latest firmware or just happened.

If I switch to Blutooth my wireless signal from my Ps5 stops coming through (it still shows connected, just no sound from Ps5 makes it) doesn't matter what chat mix or bt mix is set to only Blutooth will come through until I switch it back to wireless only.

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #6,026 of 7,191
Anybody looking to replace the earpads for comfort (will alter the sound signature, like every other headphone) and can't seem to find a way. Just check out latest video from a YouTuber called "The Techne". He explains how to do it without much effort and destruction.

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #6,027 of 7,191
Anybody looking to replace the earpads for comfort (will alter the sound signature, like every other headphone) and can't seem to find a way. Just check out latest video from a YouTuber called "The Techne". He explains how to do it without much effort and destruction.
Please could you post a video link as i was interested in some less sweaty earpads ?

Jun 13, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #6,030 of 7,191
So had this for couple of weeks now. The initial impressions were pretty good. But day by day, my impressions are falling. I will start by saying that the hiss these makes is random, sometimes they make a loud hiss, sometimes not that bad. Sometimes loud only on one ear!?? The sound quality, albeit initially I wasn't paying that much attention to it, now it just seems, like an old TV with a lot of grain. Still miles ahead than most headsets, however very rough to my ear once I pay attention.
Then we move onto the mic, Basically unusable in ever aspect. My friend says, he sometimes can't hear me all that well even on 100%. Other times it works better. Makes random noises, which is always fun.
So, overall. If You absolutely need a wireless headphones for gaming? Go for it. Wireless headSET for gaming? Ehh Maybe.
If you want to use this for much else other than Games? Probably forget it. Albeit I haven't tried it for competitive gaming myself, from what I have experienced in the past, these sound like a good gaming headset (Very familiar sound signature to me, so I would guess Game one/zero level), so I have no doubt on how well they would work for that.
On a side note. :upside_down: Got a Mod mic wireless. My Friends impressions of it initially, Sounds 3000x better than audeze. Then I flipped the switch on it to change the pattern. He then said it sounds close to my Rode NT1... :upside_down: So it is possible to make it good, it's just that audeze dropped the ball on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back