Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Apr 28, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #5,791 of 7,191
We just released a new HQ version for Mac and Windows (2.1.53), and a Penrose firmware update (0.1.10).
An Android HQ update is coming soon, but you can install the new FW using the existing Android app.

In order to have full functionality of the updates via HQ, you must first install the new HQ app, then run the FW update as described here: https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...your-Penrose-Firmware-using-the-Audeze-HQ-App

And here are the changes you've all been waiting for. Drum roll please....
  • Adds a volume mix function for simultaneous BT/wireless connections. This can be used to adjust the relative levels on the fly while in Bluetooth mode by performing a "click and scroll" of the headphone volume wheel (click once and then scroll up or down to your preferred mix).
  • Makes several improvements to the mic quality and clarity over wireless.
  • Adds an on-the-fly sidetone on/off functionality to the headphones by pressing and holding the mic wheel for ~3 seconds (with voice cues).
  • Adds an on-the-fly EQ preset toggle that will cycle through the 5 presets in memory by holding in the volume wheel for ~3 seconds (with voice cues).
  • Fixes a bug that caused the low battery warning to trigger too early. It should now only prompt at 10% battery remaining (about one hour of normal use).

For up to date info on what the desktop HQ app is able to control, please see this article: https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...deze-HQ-App-on-a-Computer-or-an-Android-phone

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #5,793 of 7,191
Immediate response from discord users: now I have a background hiss. Before I did not.

Confirmed there is a background hiss now present using windows voice recorder which was not there pre-update.

Edit next day:
Enabling noise suppression in discord (previously disabled) removes the slight background hiss entirely and others report the mic is "almost perfect" now. So that's a good result!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #5,797 of 7,191
Saddened to still hear the whoosh/hiss in the left cup, plus coarse volume controls. The existing issues should be addressed before more features are added.

I thought I read earlier in this thread that the left ear cup hiss was being addressed???

Apr 29, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #5,803 of 7,191
Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #5,804 of 7,191
@hedfreq @Audeze
is there any possibility of having more presets available?
5 are few, it would be nice to have the possibility of having both presets for various types of music and those for games ..
neutral preset if you use the dolby Atmos from xbox for example ..
I currently have 1 neutral preset that I use with dolby atmos through xbox app, 2 presets for music, 2 presets for game .. but I would like at least 3 more presets

no one else would take more available presets? like this comment

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back