Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Feb 4, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #4,953 of 7,191
By the way Audeze HQ has been updated and now you can adjust auto shutdown time. It also says that they added "battery level indicator to sidebar" but I don't see it anywhere.
https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-hq-software

Yay!
- no more tone generator to stop the shutdown. Well done @Audeze

Now just need to stop the auto-muting/mic volume changes when it does shutdown or turned off each night. pretty please.

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #4,954 of 7,191
I tried using the search function for looking in this thread but it keeps saying it found zero results so I'll ask here:

If I plan on getting the PS5 and the Xbox Series X, does it matter if I purchase the Penrose or Penrose X? I read somewhere that the included dongle is different in each. Does one of the dongles work on both consoles or do you need each dongle?

I apologize if it was asked before but I'm not sure why my search function isn't working.

Feb 4, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #4,955 of 7,191
Is there a specific preset you're looking to get the EQ settings for?

I was looking for the warm one, but I managed to found it after searching this thread. Thanks though.

You on Windows?

If so Bug. The mic volume both mutes and the gain sets to "42".

Pls raise to Audeze HQ. I could only contact Audeze UK and I explained my other bluetooth headsets don't do this. the chap was friendly and helpful but I'm not sure if I made him understand why this was an issue.

It's happening with my Xbox. Seems to be when I first play after swapping the dongle from my mac to my Xbox Series X.

Feb 4, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #4,956 of 7,191
I tried using the search function for looking in this thread but it keeps saying it found zero results so I'll ask here:

If I plan on getting the PS5 and the Xbox Series X, does it matter if I purchase the Penrose or Penrose X? I read somewhere that the included dongle is different in each. Does one of the dongles work on both consoles or do you need each dongle?

I apologize if it was asked before but I'm not sure why my search function isn't working.

At this time, Penrose X appears to work with both console platforms.

Feb 4, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #4,959 of 7,191
Feb 5, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #4,960 of 7,191
So what exactly is different when buying Penrose X or Penrose? Is it strictly color scheme or is the dongle included different in some way? If I plan on getting both the PS5 and Xbox Series X, should I get one over the other?

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #4,961 of 7,191
So what exactly is different when buying Penrose X or Penrose? Is it strictly color scheme or is the dongle included different in some way? If I plan on getting both the PS5 and Xbox Series X, should I get one over the other?

Penrose X works with both PS5 and Xbox Series X as of now. But it’s not clear if that might change through updates or not just so you know. You can also contact support and ask them if they plan such thing. If not get Penrose X instead of Penrose

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #4,963 of 7,191
Penrose X works with both PS5 and Xbox Series X as of now. But it’s not clear if that might change through updates or not just so you know. You can also contact support and ask them if they plan such thing. If not get Penrose X instead of Penrose

Audeze has said on this thread that they have no intention of removing Playstation support from the Penrose X, but they cannot guarantee it. I would imagine it would come down to whether Microsoft puts pressure on them over licensing etc. Obviously they foresaw some sort of possibility, otherwise they would have just produced the one version of headphones and dongle. On the Penrose X version, you simply flick the switch on the dongle to PC in order to use it on Playstation, I believe.

Feb 5, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #4,964 of 7,191
I had my first instance of fairly irritating connection issues tonight. Up until now I'd just been getting semi-regular pops or crackles here and there, but tonight it seemed a bit worse and during a 2-3 hour session of Sea of Thieves on Series X, I had a few full-on drop-outs with the "Connected" voice prompt (my first time getting that since receiving the headset last week). Not sure what's causing it all of the sudden but I've been in touch with Audeze support about it, and I'm going to try a powered USB hub tomorrow just to see if anything changes.

Feb 5, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #4,965 of 7,191
I had my first instance of fairly irritating connection issues tonight. Up until now I'd just been getting semi-regular pops or crackles here and there, but tonight it seemed a bit worse and during a 2-3 hour session of Sea of Thieves on Series X, I had a few full-on drop-outs with the "Connected" voice prompt (my first time getting that since receiving the headset last week). Not sure what's causing it all of the sudden but I've been in touch with Audeze support about it, and I'm going to try a powered USB hub tomorrow just to see if anything changes.
Might be worth checking you've not left switched on another Bluetooth device already synced with the headset. I was playing Demon's Souls last night using hifi audio but kept hearing out of corner of my ear the headset going nuts. It was constantly connecting and disconnecting. I'd left it turned on at other end of the room and connected to my laptop.
I know headset is supposed to do parallel BT and wireless, but I wonder how many issues are because of that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back