Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 23, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #3,706 of 7,191
@Audeze Appreciate all the responses here. Can you please give an update on shipments of the X to retailers in the US? Specifically Crutchfield? They thought they would get their shipments to start selling to customers yesterday, but apparently can not get an update from you?

Thanks for the help!

Dec 23, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #3,709 of 7,191
i have just pre-order mine.. Penrose X at 259€.. Estimated arrival date: 31.01.2021 (Italy)
Are there any important issues that I should be aware of before confirming the order once it is available in stock?
My main use will be on xbox of course and via bluetooth on apple tv

The only important issue is that there's no support for Apple users in terms of having the ability to control and update them. There is no ETA on when the mac app will be available, either. So if you want to EQ or get a firmware update to fix issues, you won't be able to unless you have access to Windows or Android.

Ya I noticed that too. Also thought they said they were gonna give us a button combo to turn on and off side tone on the headset.

I think that's an upcoming thing. It's fine for me as I wanted it on for gaming so no drama my side, but makes me think I'm on the old firmware, who knows. I won't know until the mac app comes out.

Dec 23, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #3,710 of 7,191
Somehow my wireless connection has been good the last couple days, which has made me fall in love with the Penrose all over again. If you look back through my posts, I've always enjoyed the sound but was relatively cold on the headphones overall due to wireless stability. With my (admittedly) lucky connection stability lately, I can see why people like these headphones so much. I do hope that Audeze eventually improve the stability to match that of Arctis 7P (which never have connection issues even when my Penrose do).

I also hope that Audeze allows us to configure the auto-power off timer on the Penrose. Now that I've stretched them out enough, they're comfortable enough to be my go-to bluetooth headphones, but it's quite annoying how often they shut down when I have my music on pause. I'd love to be able to configure this to be 15 or even 30 minutes, even if that's at the expense of overall battery life (I don't mind charging them overnight anyway).
Configurable shutdown timer would be awesome. Just extending it to 15 would be perfect.

Dec 23, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #3,711 of 7,191
Oh that's disappointing, wasn't expecting for those sliders to be greyed out... Makes me rethink purchasing... Does this apply to all xbox wireless headsets?
yes, the party audio controls are only for 3.5mm wired headsets into the controller, all wireless options will have their own controls for volume and chat balance.

Dec 23, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #3,712 of 7,191
I called UPS in regards to my Penrose X order that has been in transit after clearing customs since Saturday/Sunday.

The representative said it’s odd there has been no scans since being shipped from Chek Lap Kok, but it’s still in transit. They mentioned if I don’t receive any scans or updates by today/tomorrow morning to put in a claim for an investigation. Anyone run into this issue for USA or Canada?

Dec 23, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #3,713 of 7,191
I called UPS in regards to my Penrose X order that has been in transit after clearing customs since Saturday/Sunday.

The representative said it’s odd there has been no scans since being shipped from Chek Lap Kok, but it’s still in transit. They mentioned if I don’t receive any scans or updates by today/tomorrow morning to put in a claim for an investigation. Anyone run into this issue for USA or Canada?

Wow that’s not cool so in reality we should all have has received them by now according to @Audeze timeline.... I had a confirmed delivery date for Monday Dec 21st by 9pm but it never showed up 🥺

Dec 23, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #3,715 of 7,191
Wow that’s not cool so in reality we should all have has received them by now according to @Audeze timeline.... I had a confirmed delivery date for Monday Dec 21st by 9pm but it never showed up 🥺

Technically yes, we should have received them this week - it doesn’t look hopeful at this point. UPS showed an expected delivery of Monday as well on Friday when it shipped from HK.

Even the expected delivery on the order summary page on Audeze, still shows the 21st. Hopefully next week if we’re lucky.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #3,716 of 7,191
I used my penrose X for the first time yesterday. They sound pretty good but I do have that whoosh noise at low/no volume.

Yea they clamp a lot more than the Mobius. And the cables don’t seem as nice as what came with the Mobius. And it doesn’t show the connection symbol and battery level when paired with my phone like the Mobius.

I didn’t read all the pages but wasn’t there supposed to be an iPhone app that works with the penrose?

Dec 23, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #3,717 of 7,191
I used my penrose X for the first time yesterday. They sound pretty good but I do have that whoosh noise at low/no volume.

Yea they clamp a lot more than the Mobius. And the cables don’t seem as nice as what came with the Mobius. And it doesn’t show the connection symbol and battery level when paired with my phone like the Mobius.

I didn’t read all the pages but wasn’t there supposed to be an iPhone app that works with the penrose?

If you mute the mic (even if it’s not connected) does the noise go away?

Dec 23, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #3,718 of 7,191

No iPhone app. There will only be a Windows, Mac and Android app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back