Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 21, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #3,587 of 7,191
just got my X's. have them hooked to BT for now; wow these get LOUD, i'm at 75% volume on my iphone; not sure i can go much louder with the flat eq :) but absolutely zero distortion, sound great. went into music app settings and added the bass boost eq setting, volume went down slightly, but could just turn overall volume back up. @Audeze any chance the iOS HQ app will have penrose functionality? i'd really like to tune these on my iphone :) I know android is getting it...

I'll be testing these out fully later tonight. but been on my head for about 30 minutes. clamp is a bit tighter than other headsets, but it doesn't seem to be bothersome, just helps with the passive isolation. i may add nuggets to the top, undecided yet; need to wear them for longer.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #3,588 of 7,191
just got my X's. have them hooked to BT for now; wow these get LOUD, i'm at 75% volume on my iphone; not sure i can go much louder with the flat eq :) but absolutely zero distortion, sound great. went into music app settings and added the bass boost eq setting, volume went down slightly, but could just turn overall volume back up. @Audeze any chance the iOS HQ app will have penrose functionality? i'd really like to tune these on my iphone :) I know android is getting it...

I'll be testing these out fully later tonight. but been on my head for about 30 minutes. clamp is a bit tighter than other headsets, but it doesn't seem to be bothersome, just helps with the passive isolation. i may add nuggets to the top, undecided yet; need to wear them for longer.

No chance of an iOS app coming.

Dec 21, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #3,592 of 7,191
The Penrose is only stereo, so it doesn‘t matter if you set DTS or Dolby Digital with the Penrose. It’s used for soundbar, HDMI AVR or (e)ARC with your TV.
I’ve set to Dolby Digital to use eARC with my TV.
And you can pinpoint directional locations without any processing, just pure stereo? Sorry, I am curious to try it out later after work. I am still wanting the Penrose to work, just need to reduce the bass and find comfort solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back