Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 21, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #3,602 of 7,191
Ive had them for a couple weeks now.

My only complaint I have so far is the battery life is absolutely horrible. If this is what the battery life is, then they needed hot swappable batteries. Like 6 hours and they're "battery low" in my ear.

Dec 21, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #3,604 of 7,191
ya but they were asking about PS5

Pretty sure the audio format option on the PS5 (PCM, Dolby, DTS) only has to do with the HDMI audio out, and not headphones. This was addressed a while back in this thread but it’s been a bit so can’t remember how far back. Most games don’t seem to support 3D audio so I just play with it turned off (except for on games like Spider-Man and GoW where I know for sure it’s supported), and the soundscape on the the Penrose is still great for determining what direction sounds are coming from.

Dec 21, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #3,605 of 7,191
Pretty sure the audio format option on the PS5 (PCM, Dolby, DTS) only has to do with the HDMI audio out, and not headphones. This was addressed a while back in this thread but it’s been a bit so can’t remember how far back. Most games don’t seem to support 3D audio so I just play with it turned off (except for on games like Spider-Man and GoW where I know for sure it’s supported), and the soundscape on the the Penrose is still great for determining what direction sounds are coming from.
Thanks guys, I will try it out. On a side note, if I bought the suede dekoni ear pads, will they fit ok without the plastic clips? I cannot find the Mobius gel pads anywhere and it appears they are discontinued. These pads just do not cut it for me unfortunately and I cant believe they would use a proprietary ear pad.

Dec 21, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #3,608 of 7,191
Thats what I am currently using as I found them online. With the volume at max, there is so much bass during explosions my headset literally vibrates/rumbles. I would prefer no bass

Ah gotcha. My weak ears can’t handle these at full volume, so I haven’t run into that issue. I’m wondering, do you have the headphone volume setting on the PS5 set to max? That was recommended by Audeze to get the best quality sound as well.

Dec 21, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #3,612 of 7,191
Thats what I am currently using as I found them online. With the volume at max, there is so much bass during explosions my headset literally vibrates/rumbles. I would prefer no bass

I always find experimenting helps until you find the right balance. I’ve slightly increased the 4K slider here - you might want try reducing the left hand two or 3 sliders to help reduce your bass.

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #3,614 of 7,191
Ah gotcha. My weak ears can’t handle these at full volume, so I haven’t run into that issue. I’m wondering, do you have the headphone volume setting on the PS5 set to max? That was recommended by Audeze to get the best quality sound as well.
Think about it the other way: you haven't damaged your hearing to the point where you have to listen to the headphones at max volume in order to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back