Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 9, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #3,016 of 7,191
https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-hq-software

Audeze HQ App for Windows - Updated 12/9/20

Penrose Patch Notes

2020.12.09:
  • Audeze HQ software updated to version 2.0.64
  • Penrose firmware updated to version 0.1.5
  • Fixed a bug causing background noise at low volume levels.
  • Mic clarity improvement in wireless mode.
  • Lowered noise floor.
  • Adds support for five EQ Presets, including save and load features.
  • Lowered voice cue volume (power on, power off, etc.)

Dec 9, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #3,017 of 7,191
Has anyone successfully updated the firmware? I don't see the option in AudezeHQ.

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #3,020 of 7,191
Bah! I'm caving. I'll just get the Penrose early next year. I just hope i wont experience any drop outs or wooshing. I'll be sitting about 7 feet from my 55" OLED when gaming, so range-wise you'd think i'd be in the clear. And can they get 'loud' loud? I usually have my DT770's at volume 45-50 on my Sony Receiver, if that actually means anything. :p

Anyways, I was playing DOOM 2016 last night using my wired DT770's + receiver....and while they sounded amazing to my ears, once again the wire was driving me batty, rubbing against my neck, or chest, and even my feet. I wanted to rip them off my head and turn the game off. XD

Yes, they can get very loud (but maybe don’t try to actively destroy your ears lol), and I sit about 6 feet from where my PS5 is and have no range problems. I’ve walked up to maybe 10ish feet away without a disconnect.

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #3,021 of 7,191
Dec 9, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #3,025 of 7,191
Did you unplug the dongle and then plug the headset while turned on via USB into the PC? Does your Audeze HQ actually say version 2.0.64 in the device info tab?
I just had to restart my PC. Now it's there and currently updating. Silly me! Thanks for the help guys.

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #3,026 of 7,191
I'm still having an issue where the multi function button doesn't immediately get out of Bluetooth mode for a while. It takes multiple attempts or waiting a while.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #3,027 of 7,191
Bah! I'm caving. I'll just get the Penrose early next year. I just hope i wont experience any drop outs or wooshing. I'll be sitting about 7 feet from my 55" OLED when gaming, so range-wise you'd think i'd be in the clear. And can they get 'loud' loud? I usually have my DT770's at volume 45-50 on my Sony Receiver, if that actually means anything. :p

Anyways, I was playing DOOM 2016 last night using my wired DT770's + receiver....and while they sounded amazing to my ears, once again the wire was driving me batty, rubbing against my neck, or chest, and even my feet. I wanted to rip them off my head and turn the game off. XD

You might be misinterpreting the idea behind rip and tear -

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #3,028 of 7,191
Yes, they can get very loud (but maybe don’t try to actively destroy your ears lol), and I sit about 6 feet from where my PS5 is and have no range problems. I’ve walked up to maybe 10ish feet away without a disconnect.

Any crackling? I'm just glad Firm ware updates are a thing. Well that settles it, time to say goodbye to the receiver and wire(Thank god), hopefully forever. I'll keep my Beyers for my Lap top or if i get a Mini Amp for my older 8-16 bit consoles.

Knowing me i'll probably get another pair of Penrose, just to have two separate USB dongles plugged into my Switch & future PS5. Dropping Another $400 CAD may seem silly just to by pass having to constantly switch USB dongles from system to system, but it's worth it to me simply for the convenience.

But, i also use my LG C9 OLED's internal Streaming Apps, so that would mean that i'd need a 3rd USB dongle plugged in the back. The only work around i can think of is using the PS5's streamping applications instead.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #3,029 of 7,191
https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-hq-software

Audeze HQ App for Windows - Updated 12/9/20

Penrose Patch Notes

2020.12.09:
  • Audeze HQ software updated to version 2.0.64
  • Penrose firmware updated to version 0.1.5
  • Fixed a bug causing background noise at low volume levels.
  • Mic clarity improvement in wireless mode.
  • Lowered noise floor.
  • Adds support for five EQ Presets, including save and load features.
  • Lowered voice cue volume (power on, power off, etc.)

Just updated the firmware. Has anyone else noticed that the volume in Bluetooth mode is alot higher now? Prior to the update my comfortable listening volume on iPhone was two ticks above 50%. At that same setting its now much louder and I have to reduce it by around 4 or 5 ticks (3 ticks below 50% now) for the same volume

Users who are viewing this thread

Back