Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 25, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #1,861 of 7,191
I encountered the same issue as well when I first tried the headphone with some soft piano music ... the noise is kind of like a wind/shadow/echo after each note being played, especially obvious at the quiet part after each note ...

I tested using the wireless dongle alone on a Windows PC, and then tried Bluetooth connection alone with my iPhone, with the mic attached and detached, also mute/unmuted ... the same wind/shadow noise occurred for all these scenarios.

In the beginning I thought I got a defected unit but seems others are having similar issue after read this forum. Hope this is software related and firmware update can resolve it.

Yeah, this sounds exactly like the same thing I’m hearing in quiet parts of games.

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #1,864 of 7,191
yes this is the same issue I was describing in my initials review that mine has as well. Mine started woosh happened in the menu, kinda like it was getting activated then it would go away after the decay. Now it’s like it all the time.

Not at home at the moment, but can you describe when it happens? I'll try and compare the Penrose to wired headphones via my G6, as well as my PortaPros on the controller to see what it sounds like. I know I hear high noise when switching things in the ps5 menu, but it immediately goes away, so I thought it was a ps5 sound issue, not a Penrose issue. I'll retest when I get home.

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #1,866 of 7,191
Not at home at the moment, but can you describe when it happens? I'll try and compare the Penrose to wired headphones via my G6, as well as my PortaPros on the controller to see what it sounds like. I know I hear high noise when switching things in the ps5 menu, but it immediately goes away, so I thought it was a ps5 sound issue, not a Penrose issue. I'll retest when I get home.

For me it’s most noticeable in the “start/options” menu in Spider-Man Miles Morales, where it’s completely silent aside from the menu sounds.

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #1,867 of 7,191
Hmm, I don't have that game but was considering it. Let me think about it.

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #1,870 of 7,191
You can turn off system music.
Well if anything, it's a great game haha. I do also hear it in the PS5 system menus like you mentioned, but it's much harder to isolate since the system music is also playing in the background.

I'm not generally into hub based open-worldy games, but what the hey. Let me think haaaaard.

I was thinking of Sackboy. After Astro's Playroom, I really want a platformer.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #1,871 of 7,191
mine apparently shipped monday, but they havent moved in 2 days lol

yeah, the cancellations are incoming so they moved a “shipped” status and they’re still sitting in the warehouse or on the way from the factory. I’m seeing a lot of this today. Still no reply here from audeze while these questions persist. Here or on Reddit. Unreal.

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #1,872 of 7,191
yeah, the cancellations are incoming so they moved a “shipped” status and they’re still sitting in the warehouse or on the way from the factory. I’m seeing a lot of this today. Still no reply here from audeze while these questions persist. Here or on Reddit. Unreal.

finally moved at 12:18 cst: " Left FedEx origin facility "

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #1,873 of 7,191
You can turn off system music.

I'm not generally into hub based open-worldy games, but what the hey. Let me think haaaaard.

I was thinking of Sackboy. After Astro's Playroom, I really want a platformer.

Sackboy has surprised me. A lot of passion has gone into that game. Has superb music/audio throughout too.

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #1,874 of 7,191
It’s all very sad isn’t it :wink:, that ridiculous rivalry is even making it onto this thread. Just tragic is all I can say. I posted that because it’s rich for someone to complain about another posters tone only to then insult in the next paragraph. Shows how petty some can be. This thread is no place for it.

My comment on never being an XBox gamer I’m afraid was misinterpreted as an insult when in fact I think nothing negative about any console gamers or platforms, I literally just meant what I said as a matter of fact - the reason I’m not an XBox gamer is the same reason I’m not a Playstation gamer - I suck at gaming PERIOD, I’m clumsy and uncoordinated, lol.

ALL gamers, PS, XBox, PC, hell, Android and iOS, lol, are infinitely cooler than me as gamers and I certainly meant no slight to any gamers on any platform for their platform choices. 😅

How are you liking the Penrose so far?

It’s pretty much what I expected, not crazy about the blue, it’s a bright blue and wish it was more subtle, but I’m using it for its features and sound, and ultimately would have ordered no matter the color, as my preferences on color aside, how it works and sounds is more important to me.

My usage is for Zoom calls for work, primarily, and when I’m not doing that, to play music while I program. I love the simultaneous audio stream capability, which is far more seamless than multipoint Bluetooth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back