Audeze Particles - Video
Nov 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #76 of 116
Quote:
     It was NOT intended to.
     It would be interesting to line up side by side:a) Dynamic voice coil driver, b) Planar Magnetic (Orthodynamic) drivers, and c) Electrostatic (non-moving) diaphragm,
     and see the differences in driver movement.
     I totally agree.   Electrostatic > Orthodynamic > Dynamic
     Are you saying that most Head-Fiers are truly abnormal people? ..... (although you may have a point here)
     You really can't be serious! You must have a lower impression of any and all products that utilize advertising gimics to promote their product...how sad.
     This is really what it's all about.  It's not intended to be dissected and analyzed to death.  It's interesting, well filmed and just plain old fun to watch.

Wonderfully played sir!
Seriously, this is a very cool video put together by some of the most creative people I know.
It's just meant to wash over you, and I LOVE it!!

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #77 of 116
I was searching youtube:
Skip to 2:00 if you don't want to wait...

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #78 of 116
Hello all together,

even when I think this video is rather promotional than some kind of technical demonstration, I have to admit I like it very much!!!

Watching the video and the movement of the membrane, especially the non-pistonic (non concentric waves) patterns made want to know how this technique works in particular.

Why do this non-pistonic movements occur?

I personally own a LCD-3 and i really love the sound.

They are the best headphones I ever had.

Greetings Dirk

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #82 of 116
Quote:
wow, great video, although my friends said these headphones are so heavy, but now more curious about it, waiting for a chance to try it myself

Hello,

I recodgnized You are from Germany.

The weight is compensated a lot through the very very good and soft earpads.

You really should go for a listening session. There is a very nice place in Essen You could go to.

The envoirent is really nice and calm, usually the arrangement is that You can listen alone.

If You are interested and want further information I will send You a Personal Message.

Greetings Dirk

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #83 of 116
I don't know if this has already been stated, but I'm not sure exactly what this is trying to prove. ANY transducer producing a high frequency sound moves too fast to be seen with the naked eye. Furthermore a transducer playing a high frequency sound at a higher amplitude will cause higher excursion.

If a headphone can play upwards of a 10,000hz signal (just about every single one of them), you'll have a vibrating motion to the tune of of excess of 10,000 cycles per second - which would require a high-speed camera to see (4 cycles of the transducer per second of film shot at 2500 frames per second). Given the rate of movement in the video, I would reckon that the signal being demonstrated is closer to a 3,000hz signal which is a breeze for stock iBuds. I could pull out some $20 Koss KSC75s and perform this test with exactly the same results. This is the most basic principle of transducers and I'm surprised to see so much astonishment and wonder in this thread.

Yes it's cool, but this scenario is not unique to Audeze - it is universal to nearly every headphone (electrodynamic and electrostatic included) worth it's price.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #84 of 116
Quote:
Hello,

I recodgnized You are from Germany.

The weight is compensated a lot through the very very good and soft earpads.

You really should go for a listening session. There is a very nice place in Essen You could go to.

The envoirent is really nice and calm, usually the arrangement is that You can listen alone.

If You are interested and want further information I will send You a Personal Message.

Greetings Dirk

aha, actually the weight of a headphone isn't so serious for me
a year before I had already tried a pair of AKG K340, it was no big deal even though fast 400g hung over my head ... lol
Essen is a little long distance away, (I live in Koethen), and now still struggling for my degree, may haven't so much time ... anyway, thx for your suggestion XD

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #86 of 116
But the particles aren't great representation of the sound waves because when they fall back down, they hit the ones coming up and distorts it...

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #88 of 116
Seriously?

There is nothing in this video that even comes close to purporting to be any kind of technical or engineering demonstration.  Audeze did not make this video to show off their achievements.  Anyone who thinks Audeze is trying to demonstrate some science or engineering or the superiority of their own brand is naive - Audeze knows the video is wholly devoid of such information.  (If anything, the video exposes technical imperfections, or at least where engineering falls short of theory.)  After all, Audeze is a SUPERIOR engineering firm that created a superior acoustic driver through superior technical knowledge.  You can bet your life's savings AND your firstborn child that their staff, more than ~99.8% of the people on Head-Fi, understand just how little, technically, is being shown in this video.

The point is to invite the public at large to observe, remember, and most especially marvel at the physics of a man-made device generating a natural phenomenon - mechanical drivers reproducing recorded music.  Hold your criticism and be in awe.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #89 of 116
Quote:
Seriously?

There is nothing in this video that even comes close to purporting to be any kind of technical or engineering demonstration.  Audeze did not make this video to show off their achievements.  Anyone who thinks Audeze is trying to demonstrate some science or engineering or the superiority of their own brand is naive - Audeze knows the video is wholly devoid of such information.  (If anything, the video exposes technical imperfections, or at least where engineering falls short of theory.)  After all, Audeze is a SUPERIOR engineering firm that created a superior acoustic driver through superior technical knowledge.  You can bet your life's savings AND your firstborn child that their staff, more than ~99.8% of the people on Head-Fi, understand just how little, technically, is being shown in this video.

The point is to invite the public at large to observe, remember, and most especially marvel at the physics of a man-made device generating a natural phenomenon - mechanical drivers reproducing recorded music.  Hold your criticism and be in awe.

I think they just made this video for fun and just wanted to show what it looked like. I dont get why so many people in this thread are getting angry at Audeze because of this video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back