Audeze Particles - Video
Nov 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #46 of 116
nice... how does this prove LCD's performance?

Yes I wonder the same thing, I guess you can put any plastic film and blast it with compressed air and get overall the same result, or I may miss something ? Also the drivers look very fragile and bound to tear, could this explain the bad reliability ? I also know that ortho can normally handle safely very high SPL without distortion unlike dynamic.

Just my profane opinion though, but I hope there should be good technical demonstration behind this (It would have been nice to explain it with with scientific data inside the video), because it look like to me this magic powder is only there to dazzle people.

Just my constructive view, please don't hit me. :D

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #48 of 116
was considering buying these until now.  Really don't want glass going into my ears

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #49 of 116
Quote:
was considering buying these until now.  Really don't want glass going into my ears

They just put glass particles into the headphone to demonstrate what it looks like. There are no particles in the actual headphone
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #50 of 116
Quote:
They just put glass particles into the headphone to demonstrate what it looks like. There are no particles in the actual headphone
biggrin.gif

LOL!!  Come on - I LOVE listening to my LCD-3's with glass filling up my outer and inner ear canal!  I mean, when audiophiles use the term "glassy" (as many do, when they think the highs are too bright) I know precisely what they mean now!  SMILE

Seriously.  This video is dope, just IMO

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #51 of 116
Quote:
LOL!!  Come on - I LOVE listening to my LCD-3's with glass filling up my outer and inner ear canal!  I mean, when audiophiles use the term "glassy" (as many do, when they think the highs are too bright) I know precisely what they mean now!  SMILE

Seriously.  This video is dope, just IMO

deadhorse.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #52 of 116
Very nice... One day they shall be mine

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #53 of 116
If I may be so blunt to ask, but what's the big deal about this video? Isn't it just basically demonstrating what a speaker is meant to do? I know how planar magnetic technology works, and it's very cool...but seriously, particles being moved by a speaker diaphragm isn't anything new to people. If they had shown the magnetic field in action, then that might be something cool to watch. But yeah...particles moving from a speaker diaphragm.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #54 of 116
Quote:
If I may be so blunt to ask, but what's the big deal about this video? Isn't it just basically demonstrating what a speaker is meant to do? I know how planar magnetic technology works, and it's very cool...but seriously, particles being moved by a speaker diaphragm isn't anything new to people. If they had shown the magnetic field in action, then that might be something cool to watch. But yeah...particles moving from a speaker diaphragm.

I think the point is the particles make it easier to see how the driver behaves, which if you're not familiar with Planar Magnetic tech, might be a bit surprising.  Plus they probably just thought it would be cool: it is.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #55 of 116
Quote:

I think the point is the particles make it easier to see how the driver behaves, which if you're not familiar with Planar Magnetic tech, might be a bit surprising.  Plus they probably just thought it would be cool: it is.

Perhaps.
If I didn't know what planar magnetic technology does (as I'm sure a LOT of people don't), this video fails to tell me what it is...so really I would still think it's just "particles moving from a speaker diaphragm" and think this video is no-big-deal.

"The Most Advance Driver" really means nothing to someone who doesn't know what planar magnetic technology is as Sennheiser advertises their "most advanced driver technology" in the HD800.

I'm not complaining about the video, I'm just saying that if a "normal" person came to this thread and watched the video, as it is on the front page of Head-Fi, they would think it's no big deal.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #56 of 116
This video is nothing special. Any and all speakers can do this. I have a lower impression of Audeze after having watched the video.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #57 of 116
Quote:
This video is nothing special. Any and all speakers can do this. I have a lower impression of Audeze after having watched the video.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #58 of 116
Quote:
Perhaps.
If I didn't know what planar magnetic technology does (as I'm sure a LOT of people don't), this video fails to tell me what it is...so really I would still think it's just "particles moving from a speaker diaphragm" and think this video is no-big-deal.

"The Most Advance Driver" really means nothing to someone who doesn't know what planar magnetic technology is as Sennheiser advertises their "most advanced driver technology" in the HD800.

I'm not complaining about the video, I'm just saying that if a "normal" person came to this thread and watched the video, as it is on the front page of Head-Fi, they would think it's no big deal.

After re-watching the video, I agree.  If you don't know PM tech the "coolness" of this video would probably be lost on you. A quick description of what's going on here (added to the beginning of the video) would've been helpful.

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #59 of 116
Quote:

You have a lower impression of Audeze because of a video demonstrating the movement of their drivers? Wow...

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #60 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingInABlueDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not 100% sure what this video proves, but it sure is cool to look at.

Quote:
^ that's exactly what I thought...

x3. Just neat marketing and nothing wrong with that.
bigsmile_face.gif
I haven't looked into Audeze. This at least had me look at what they've done different than other magnetic planars. http://audeze.com/technology No nonsense and I appreciate that they don't call it a ribbon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back