Audeze Particles - Video
Jan 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #106 of 116
It is a cool video, but. Not sure how it can "visually showcase the precision of our planar magnetic technology" as they state.

Nothing more than the Marketing department at work here, taking creative license to sell more product.  It's a hook to get you to visit their website, as the end of the video states "Learn more at Audeze.com."  Nothing wrong with this marketing tool, though.  Lots of companies do this to get people curious and talking about it.

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #107 of 116
Quote:
It is a cool video, but. Not sure how it can "visually showcase the precision of our planar magnetic technology" as they state.

Nothing more than the Marketing department at work here, taking creative license to sell more product.  It's a hook to get you to visit their website, as the end of the video states "Learn more at Audeze.com."  Nothing wrong with this marketing tool, though.  Lots of companies do this to get people curious and talking about it.

I somehow agree with you that in my eyes the video looks more like a marketing tool.

Personally before I bought my LCD-3 I never visited the Audeze homepage before. I went to a very nice store in Essen (Germany) and could take my time. After 3 hours of listening against the LCD 2 and an HD 800, I was sure that the LCD 3 is my choice.

Therefore im not sure if potential customers are that much affected by the video.

I guess if you are not allready very much drawn to buy an Audeze you wont be affected by the video so much.

Regards

Dirk

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #108 of 116
Quote:
I somehow agree with you that in my eyes the video looks more like a marketing tool.

Personally before I bought my LCD-3 I never visited the Audeze homepage before. I went to a very nice store in Essen (Germany) and could take my time. After 3 hours of listening against the LCD 2 and an HD 800, I was sure that the LCD 3 is my choice.

Therefore im not sure if potential customers are that much affected by the video.

I guess if you are not allready very much drawn to buy an Audeze you wont be affected by the video so much.

Regards

Dirk

I think it's the other way around. This video won't get you over the edge to buy the headphones. It's not like "Well that was epic, I'm going to order a pair!" But I think it does get people interested. More like "Hmmm this looks pretty cool, maybe I should have a listen sometime."

May 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #109 of 116
Hi HolyCheese,

I'm not sure maybe you're right, but only for the people who are allready more or less deep in the headphone topic and are allready willing to spend some more money on them.

If I wouldn't have been interested in higher end headphones in the first place I would most likely not have known Audeze at all.

What's your opinion? Are these kind of headphones like the Audezes only known to a small group of headphone enthusiats?

Regards

Dirk

May 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #110 of 116
Hmm I think it's still a pretty small group. Some audiophiles I know in person who know alot of stuff don't know Audeze's and Hifiman. They have even never heard of orthodynamics. I guess for those people this is a very effective commercial. :)

May 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #111 of 116
Hi

I absolutely agree with you, that especially people who are allready inside the hifi/ headphone topic are affected by the video but people who use the standart max. 30$ headphones might just think interesting idea, until they see the price of an LCD 2/3

What headphones do you use?

Regards Dirk

May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #112 of 116
Haha I guess they would say what the f... When they see the price.

I don't have very interesto gear at the moment. :wink: I mainly use a fidelio x1 with a o2 I built last week. And I love my (first audiophile headphone) Sennheiser hd518. Very enjoyable immersive sound. Just 'low' quality.

How about you? :) Own the lcd's?

May 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #113 of 116
Hi,

I have allready collected a bit
wink.gif

Currently i own the LCD 3, the Denon D 7000 and D 2000 and Shure 530 inears.

I'm intending to buy an upgrade cable for the Audeze quite soon. I really like the LCD 3. Originally I bough a HD 800 but then I went to a nice store in Essen (Germany), as I wrote somewhere above in this thread, I changed my mind. After several hours of comparison under perfect conditions.

I was alone and the DAC and Headamp were the same I also have (Violectric DAC V200 + HPA 200), I finally decided for the LCD 3. Actually the HD 800 was quite quickly out of the game, but I had tremendous difficulty in deciding between the LCD 2 Rev.2 and the LCD 3. Both in my mind have their plus points.

My source is a selfbuild (not completely finsihed yet) small heatpipe cooled audioserver with an Acopian linear power supply and a Sotm USB card. Above that I have an Audiophilleo 1 + Pure power in between the Sotm and the DAC.

About the headamp I'm going to change into a Mal Valve headamp 3 by the end of the year.

Regards

Dirk

May 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #114 of 116
that's quit the setup you have there! Nice. I sure hope I have some sweet gear like you do. Altough I prefer to have multiple nice headphones for different genres and mostly for fun. Haven't heard any epic hi end headphones yet.

May 4, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #115 of 116
Hi,

I think in time you will find and choose whatever suits you best in taste and wallet
wink.gif

I also started small with the D 2000 and an ESI Dr.DAC prime, which is a nice combination of USB DAC and headamp.
Above that since the beginning I use an Asus Xonar ST (PCI) in my PC which is still in use.
Therefore I think the things you like from the start will be with you longer.

The concept of having several Headphones in different charateristics for different music types is also intersting for me.
I'm considereing to buy Stax in the future which I intend to use for classical musik.
I did buy the HD 800 in the past but felt it to liveless somehow when I compared it to the LCD 3.

What kind of Music do you like?  What kind of gear are you aiming for in the future? 

Regards Dirk

May 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #116 of 116
Hmmmm, I listen to literally everything!
For electronic and other bass heavy stuff I have my Fidelio x1. I don't see any chance that that headphone is going to be replaced by anything. The only thing I hope is that the bass is tightened up with a new DAC. (Macklemore, Shpongle, Hardstyle)
For rock and metal I am planning to get a Grado. Don't know which one yet, tough. I have had the rs2i for a week and damn it was awesome. Very sweet sound! I have also auditioned the ps500 and the gs1000. I liked the ps500's thicker sound but it wasn't as airy. The gs1000 just really, really, reaaaally sucks. It's like sticking a few needles in your ears. (Soad, Nine inch nails, Rage against the Machine)
And for other music like psychedelic rock(pink floyd), normal rock(dire straits), beatles, blues like solomon burke, Joe bonamassa or prety much everything else I still need a headphone. I think the hd558 comes very close to my ideal sound sig for all those music styles. I'm probably going to buy all the senns from hd518 and up just for the pleasure of collecting and fun whenever I get the money. But first things first and that is one that will satisfy my needs. I'm a bit scared that the 558 is too low quality but I just need to check. Maybe the hd600 is a good candidate? Perhaps the hd700? 
I think I'm looking for a lovely open sound just like grado delivers but with the missing bass since every other music style needs it more. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back