Audeze Particles - Video
Nov 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #61 of 116
Personally, I seriously hope Audeze did not deprive themselves from buying a used laser vibrometer for financing this video. Maybe it's because I work in the field and thus fully appreciate how useless this video is (reminds me of slow motion subwoofer for car tuning basshead promotion). But overall, this feels like Boze marketing seriously...

About some animation of driver motion and actual sound wave propagation (rather than just monitoring Newton's law of gravitation and calling that sound particle mimicking :wink:) (from ~30s in): [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_SOrMyH4o[/VIDEO]

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #62 of 116
Quote:
Personally, I seriously hope Audeze did not deprive themselves from buying a used laser vibrometer for financing this video. Maybe it's because I work in the field and thus fully appreciate how useless this video is (reminds me of slow motion subwoofer for car tuning basshead promotion). But overall, this feels like Boze marketing seriously...
About some animation of driver motion and actual sound wave propagation (rather than just monitoring Newton's law of gravitation and calling that sound particle mimicking
wink.gif
) (from ~30s in):

I Find this video very cool. Never have seen it. Thanks for the post!

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #67 of 116
Quote:
If I may be so blunt to ask, but what's the big deal about this video? Isn't it just basically demonstrating what a speaker is meant to do? I know how planar magnetic technology works, and it's very cool...but seriously, particles being moved by a speaker diaphragm isn't anything new to people. If they had shown the magnetic field in action, then that might be something cool to watch. But yeah...particles moving from a speaker diaphragm.

this is like a frying pan gone haywire!

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #69 of 116
Quote:
Very nice!

I'm curious, what music was being played through them when shooting the video?

Thanks!

se

I think it's the background music used in this video. And I think it's kinda synced to it if you pay attention. lol.

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #70 of 116
Quote:
nice... how does this prove LCD's performance?

It was NOT intended to.
Quote:
It DOESN'T prove the LCD's performance, it just shows you how a planar magnetic works compared to a more traditional dynamic driver that utilizes a voice coil.

It would be interesting to line up side by side:a) Dynamic voice coil driver, b) Planar Magnetic (Orthodynamic) drivers, and c) Electrostatic (non-moving) diaphragm,
     and see the differences in driver movement.
Quote:
Still can't beat Stax.

I totally agree.   Electrostatic > Orthodynamic > Dynamic
Quote:
I'm not complaining about the video, I'm just saying that if a "normal" person came to this thread and watched the video, as it is on the front page of Head-Fi, they would think it's no big deal.

Are you saying that most Head-Fiers are truly abnormal people? ..... (although you may have a point here)
Quote:
This video is nothing special. Any and all speakers can do this. I have a lower impression of Audeze after having watched the video.

You really can't be serious! You must have a lower impression of any and all products that utilize advertising gimics to promote their product...how sad.
Quote:
Cool, indeed! It's about 2 weeks I've become an Audeze LCD's owner and I'm still in eargasm! :)

This is really what it's all about.  It's not intended to be dissected and analyzed to death.  It's interesting, well filmed and just plain old fun to watch.

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #73 of 116
I would be interested in seeing a video like this, either with or without the glass particles, where a sweep was used to show how the driver reacts to difference frequencies. Of course a clock displaying milliseconds would be nice, as would an indicator of what frequency is being played at any given time.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #74 of 116
To be honest, I just like seeing the diaphram "flex" (like at around :35 seconds); I'd like to see a video without the glass particles.

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #75 of 116
A laser imaging system could also be used either to view the particles or a flexible reflective coating placed onto the driver.  This image could be viewed on a CCD camera array much like an old COHU 4800.  See Particle Image Velocimetry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_image_velocimetry

Great idea for the video!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back