Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Feb 5, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #1,038 of 4,465
Question to Audeze. If we compare the maximum size of the listener/player's head, which headphones in the largest position will be larger: penrose or maxwell? And what are the intervals of head sizes for each of the three positions of the leather limiter on the head in Maxwell?

That's a good question. I'm actually wondering how small it can get. For people with short hair, some of these headsets can be too big.

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #1,039 of 4,465
as for rtings.com , they also ordered Maxwell on February 1st and are waiting for it with us, only to receive it somewhere by May, lol

Screenshot_2023-02-06-01-07-58-41_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #1,040 of 4,465
Addicted to Audio (the Australian distributor and retailer) is now saying "ETA currently early March 2023" on their website for both the Xbox and Playstation versions.
I did have a pre-order in with them but cancelled it a little while ago due to the ETA later than Audeze had originally stated. So I gathered that since the release date is already slipping, I could wait a bit longer to read some reviews before I then make a decision.

Feb 5, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #1,042 of 4,465
It’s interesting that they’ve gone radio silent. I understand that the certification for the Xbox version is largely out of their hands, but supposedly it was just firmware holding up the PS version. You’d think they could communicate on progress with firmware.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #1,043 of 4,465
Playstation March, Xbox probably April at this point is my guess, but who knows.

We should start a betting pool on release dates for each version in two week increments.

Feb 5, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #1,044 of 4,465
I ain't even mad anymore I think people just need to vent briefly when they drop $300 on a mystery release date. It is what it is. If I were them I'd pump the breaks on the community interaction too.

Still using my PC37x after ditching a snapped Penrose. Hoping for the best with the Maxwell.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #1,046 of 4,465
Controls:

Power button:

Hold: Power on/off
Press: Play/pause
Double press: BT pairing
Triple press: Dongle pairing
Reading this, i realize that one frustration point i have by using the penrose every day is how long you have to press the power on button; i would appreciate it if a short/normal press was able to power up the headset (but keep the long press for power down). That's how all laptops / computers work after all.

Feb 6, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #1,047 of 4,465
Reading this, i realize that one frustration point i have by using the penrose every day is how long you have to press the power on button; i would appreciate it if a short/normal press was able to power up the headset (but keep the long press for power down). That's how all laptops / computers work after all.
Laptops don't do a Play/Pause/Resume with the power button

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #1,049 of 4,465
Meanwhile, the last faq update was already 17 days ago. In my opinion, such long pauses with increasingly impatient customers are not the smartest move on the part of developers. Elementary at least weekly, and preferably more frequent, updates of information about the progress of firmware development, about difficulties and planned improvements, about videos with product testing, like a video with a girl and a blender on YouTube, photos in the interior, made waiting for the headset much much less painful. Apparently, the marketing department at Audeze does not understand at all how to work and maintain customer loyalty in case of unintended delays in the release of new products to the market.

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #1,050 of 4,465
Meanwhile, the last faq update was already 17 days ago. In my opinion, such long pauses with increasingly impatient customers are not the smartest move on the part of developers. Elementary at least weekly, and preferably more frequent, updates of information about the progress of firmware development, about difficulties and planned improvements, about videos with product testing, like a video with a girl and a blender on YouTube, photos in the interior, made waiting for the headset much much less painful. Apparently, the marketing department at Audeze does not understand at all how to work and maintain customer loyalty in case of unintended delays in the release of new products to the market.
I think they are fine. It’s just a headphone. They said a few weeks and it’s now technically been a few weeks. If I needed to I could cancel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back