Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Feb 6, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #1,067 of 4,477
On Maxwell, Power Button hold to power ON/OFF is like >2 seconds.

And guys, we will have an update soon. Very soon.

Allow me to be candid, as a dude, from me to you.

We are not radio silent. We have specifically stated various times we will update you when we actually have an UPDATE.

We would rather give you ACTUAL updates as opposed to telling you "We have nothing to provide at this time."

Yes, we've been quiet the past few weeks. Why? Because we didn't have any info to share.

It's really that simple, IMHO.

We are not out here trying too keep you out of the loop. All these assumptions and trying to get info from sources that isn't official Audeze is gonna lead to confusion, and incorrect info.

Believe me, we want to get this out to you, as soon as possible. We're as anxious as you guys are.
Even tiny updates like say for example if you run into further issues informing us would help alleviate some people’s anxiety sometimes saying nothing can be worse I know you guys are busy but just some regular info would help greatly 👍🏻

Feb 6, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #1,068 of 4,477
Us saying we have no updates to provide at this time every week, will yield the same results as waiting for us to have an actual update to give you.

I can certainly give you a weekly: We have nothing else to give you.
Not sure how well that will go over, but again, we're not going to provide any more news that isn't on the FAQ page.

You are not going to get any secret info beyond what we provide on FAQ updates. Why? Because there isn't anything we've been given up until we actually have something tangible to provide to you.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #1,070 of 4,477
They will be ready when they ate ready,it's a pre order,moaning & groaning won't help.
I am not moaning I am stating progress updates would be welcome for some its alot of money and this is why they are venting on here. There must be progress happening from week to week otherwise is nothing being done? We don't even know why there are issues with the firmware. This kind of knowledge would help greatly half of the issue is not knowing what is going on all we have been given is somewhat vague details.

Us saying we have no updates to provide at this time every week, will yield the same results as waiting for us to have an actual update to give you.

I can certainly give you a weekly: We have nothing else to give you.
Not sure how well that will go over, but again, we're not going to provide any more news that isn't on the FAQ page.

You are not going to get any secret info beyond what we provide on FAQ updates. Why? Because there isn't anything we've been given up until we actually have something tangible to provide to you.
So whats the issue with the firmware exactly? Can you tell us that? What hurdles with the firmware have popped up? I think we are all just genuinely curious.

Feb 6, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #1,072 of 4,477
They said we will be getting information very soon. This could mean the firmware is ready to go. Everyone need to stay calm and wait to see what information they will be telling us.
I am happy to wait I merely asked a question its just tiresome getting told what I should and shouldn't be asking/doing by keyboard warriors. The question has no bearing on them but they feel the need to repeatedly do that.

Feb 6, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #1,073 of 4,477
The big issue is that Audeze announced the product too early, and when they did, they shouldn't have given an estimation of January. That is why this is all happening and people are upset or cancelling pre-orders, and this is understandable. Heck, they could have even announced it and said coming 2023 and left it at that without opening pre-orders. Yes we would have bene eager for more information, but it would have prevented the situation we are in now by a long way.

Further, if they haven't of even applied for Microsoft Xbox certification, then they were pretty dumb to have announced it because they have no idea how long that process will take, even though it often takes months (and it has been said numerous times on here that Microsoft is swamped at the moment which is slowing things down further).

Now they are stuck in a situation where they have announced a product but can't supply it. Sure they could release the Playstation ones soon (I am expecting March though), but when are the Xbox ones likely? From what has been said on here about the Xbox certification process at the moment, I would think April is very wishful thinking. Will the Xbox one even be available before July? We have no idea, and I doubt Audeze has any idea either.

Feb 6, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #1,074 of 4,477
I am happy to wait I merely asked a question its just tiresome getting told what I should and shouldn't be asking/doing by keyboard warriors. The question has no bearing on them but they feel the need to repeatedly do that.
People already try to ask and Audeze has not answer the question.

You can ask anything you want anytime but Audeze has a right to answer or not too.

I think the information we will be getting very soon will make a lot of people happy.

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #1,075 of 4,477
The big issue is that Audeze announced the product too early, and when they did, they shouldn't have given an estimation of January. That is why this is all happening and people are upset or cancelling pre-orders, and this is understandable. Heck, they could have even announced it and said coming 2023 and left it at that without opening pre-orders. Yes we would have bene eager for more information, but it would have prevented the situation we are in now by a long way.

Further, if they haven't of even applied for Microsoft Xbox certification, then they were pretty dumb to have announced it because they have no idea how long that process will take, even though it often takes months (and it has been said numerous times on here that Microsoft is swamped at the moment which is slowing things down further).

Now they are stuck in a situation where they have announced a product but can't supply it. Sure they could release the Playstation ones soon (I am expecting March though), but when are the Xbox ones likely? From what has been said on here about the Xbox certification process at the moment, I would think April is very wishful thinking. Will the Xbox one even be available before July? We have no idea, and I doubt Audeze has any idea either.
Don't be so cruel, I was counting on shipments of the ps5 version of the headset right after the end of my vacation in early March, the xbox version - at the end of March, the beginning of April, July is just too much, dude

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #1,076 of 4,477
As a very happy Penrose owner since Dec 2020, with almost daily use I've had no qualms pre-ordering the Maxwell.

Thanks to Audeze UK for some fantastic customer service in dealing with my cracked Penrose too!

Now, to wait... :smile:

It'll be worth it. I'm using a cheap Steel Series Arctis 3 in the meantime, oh the shock going from the Penrose to these!

Remember that Audeze are a tiny company compared to some, less than 50 employees.
what’s the biggest difference in those two ?

Sankar had posted in reddit today that they will have an update tomorrow or the day after
link please. i’d like to read more

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #1,078 of 4,477
Microsoft certification doesn't necessarily get achieved first attempt, either.

Like Penrose, for example.

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #1,079 of 4,477
Unless the update is the PS version is shipping in 24 hrs I'm over it. Audeze is truly an example of a company that is amazing at their specialty (making drivers), but absolutely terrible at everything else (supply chain, software, PR, etc).

I don't understand how some people can sit here and blame customers for believing the timeline Audeze provided us so we put our pre-orders in...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Audeze/comments/10v42ry/eta_currently_early_march_2023_for_maxwell/

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #1,080 of 4,477
https://www.reddit.com/r/Audeze/comments/10v42ry/eta_currently_early_march_2023_for_maxwell/j7grpiu

Unless the update is the PS version is shipping in 24 hrs I'm over it. Audeze is truly an example of a company that is amazing at their specialty (making drivers), but absolutely terrible at everything else (supply chain, software, PR, etc).

I don't understand how some people can sit here and blame customers for believing the timeline Audeze provided us so we put our pre-orders in...
No one is blaming customers. We are blaming the people. That can't take the information ad given and be done with it. It had a release date, it got bumped back for whatever reason. They are going to update us again in a day or two. If it's unacceptable take the refund and move on.

If I don't like a companies product/release/business practices I refund or don't order and move on. I don't sit lurking trying to stir the pot, begging for info when they have said what they are able to say at time. Pre-order /new tech releases aren't for everyone, it's ok and it's ok to be upset. But move on if you are unhappy. Get the refund, by all means voice your concern, but we have pages and pages of users going back and forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back