Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Feb 6, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #1,051 of 4,476
I think they are fine. It’s just a headphone. They said a few weeks and it’s now technically been a few weeks. If I needed to I could cancel.
the fact of the matter is that I'm not going to cancel the pre-order, but why, having the entire batch of ready-made assembled devices on hand / in stock, they don't really show us their appearance, for example, there is still no photo of the usb-c to usb-a adapter from kit. Doesn't anyone in audeze have cameras in their mobile phones, or is there such a strict nda?

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #1,052 of 4,476
the fact of the matter is that I'm not going to cancel the pre-order, but why, having the entire batch of ready-made assembled devices on hand / in stock, they don't really show us their appearance, for example, there is still no photo of the usb-c to usb-a adapter from kit. Doesn't anyone in audeze have cameras in their mobile phones, or is there such a strict nda?
I"m not sure why they would be posting pictures of a usb-c to usb-a adapter. Why would anyone expect that.
They were very communicative before in this thread but people made assumptions, got angry when their personal expectations weren't met and so they stopped. The community couldn't handle it. It makes total sense they are only going to communicate when they have something definitive to communicate.

It's just a gaming headphone.

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #1,053 of 4,476
I"m not sure why they would be posting pictures of a usb-c to usb-a adapter. Why would anyone expect that.
They were very communicative before in this thread but people made assumptions, got angry when their personal expectations weren't met and so they stopped. The community couldn't handle it. It makes total sense they are only going to communicate when they have something definitive to communicate.

It's just a gaming headphone.
To be fair they weren't personal expectations; they set dates, missed them by a mile, and still don't have dates available.

To be close enough to be giving a date of early January from the day of announcement, to suddenly not having any dates at all in early February is a giant fumble from them and there's no way around it.

Labeling it as "personal expectations" is just false as they set the dates that everyone was expecting. With that said at this point we just need to be patient and cancel if it gets too much for anyone. Badgering for dates here won't make it come any faster and we just need to accept it at this point.

I will say, I think you are focusing on the wrong aspect from their message. I don't believe they are specifically looking for the adapter pictures, they are bringing up that even now a month after their initial release period we have seen very little of the actual headset.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #1,054 of 4,476
To be fair they weren't personal expectations; they set dates, missed them by a mile, and still don't have dates available.

To be close enough to be giving a date of early January from the day of announcement, to suddenly not having any dates at all in early February is a giant fumble from them and there's no way around it.

Labeling it as "personal expectations" is just false as they set the dates that everyone was expecting. With that said at this point we just need to be patient and cancel if it gets too much for anyone. Badgering for dates here won't make it come any faster and we just need to accept it at this point.

I will say, I think you are focusing on the wrong aspect from their message. I don't believe they are specifically looking for the adapter pictures, they are bringing up that even now a month after their initial release period we have seen very little of the actual headset.
We have seen plenty of the headset even the insides of it in tear down pictures.

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #1,055 of 4,476
I think they are fine.
7a5f31.jpg

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #1,056 of 4,476
As a very happy Penrose owner since Dec 2020, with almost daily use I've had no qualms pre-ordering the Maxwell.

Thanks to Audeze UK for some fantastic customer service in dealing with my cracked Penrose too!

Now, to wait... :smile:

It'll be worth it. I'm using a cheap Steel Series Arctis 3 in the meantime, oh the shock going from the Penrose to these!

Remember that Audeze are a tiny company compared to some, less than 50 employees.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #1,057 of 4,476
We have seen plenty of the headset even the insides of it in tear down pictures.
The FCC documents don't really count because we had to dig to find those, the average person like a lot of people commenting, wouldn't have seen them at all.

I think the most we've really gotten of the Maxwell in a physical space is the video showing the mic greatness, and the one image of them for Dolby Atmos on twitter. The rest was the marketing images.

Correct me if I missed anything else because I want to see 😍

Personally I'm fine with waiting and I'm happy with what we've gotten, but it would be a lie to say they've handled this launch well thus far.

Feb 6, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,059 of 4,476
Uh, it's a headphone. lol. Nothing is on fire, and it was an estimated window. I think you are really being dramatic about this.
Saying "it's a headphone" as if it's small for a small company that only produces headphones isn't saying what you think it does.

Again "estimated window" early on sure, but they still took people's money and have now delayed it months without any real timeline for release. I fail to see what you are not understanding here, they clearly dropped the ball.

I can understand people being upset but you minimizing their mistake and blaming the customers is the wrong approach. They need to acknowledge that they messed up, they already agreed it was a mess in their own way and that's the best we can hope for.

But yes people are absolutely going to overreact. Use what you have now and wait, or cancel your order and come back later. mindlessly complaining about dates won't get anyone anywhere.

Feb 6, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #1,061 of 4,476
I think if audeze would have marketed this as a kickstarter, there would not be so many angry customers
They just had to honestly say: we will soon have a large batch of headsets, but there is no stable firmware and certification from Microsoft, we will do everything, just support, give us some money, we will finish by April-May. And for all pre-ordered - a bonus set of stickers and an Seo aftograph. And that's it, there would be no questions at all.

Uh, it's a headphone. lol. Nothing is on fire, and it was an estimated window. I think you are really being dramatic about this.
if not to be ironic, then I think that for audeze, the maxwell headset is an opportunity to make itself known on the mass market of premium gaming headsets, because so far, apart from the somewhat dubious ergonomics of changing equalizer presets, this is definitely the coolest of the existing headsets, so they can never screw up with the software part at launch, so the timing the outputs are not so important, if the product is cool, then users will forget about waiting, but if they release a raw product out of the box in terms of work, then yes, it will be a failure.

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #1,062 of 4,476
Reading this, i realize that one frustration point i have by using the penrose every day is how long you have to press the power on button; i would appreciate it if a short/normal press was able to power up the headset (but keep the long press for power down). That's how all laptops / computers work after all.
On Maxwell, Power Button hold to power ON/OFF is like >2 seconds.

And guys, we will have an update soon. Very soon.

Allow me to be candid, as a dude, from me to you.

We are not radio silent. We have specifically stated various times we will update you when we actually have an UPDATE.

We would rather give you ACTUAL updates as opposed to telling you "We have nothing to provide at this time."

Yes, we've been quiet the past few weeks. Why? Because we didn't have any info to share.

It's really that simple, IMHO.

We are not out here trying too keep you out of the loop. All these assumptions and trying to get info from sources that isn't official Audeze is gonna lead to confusion, and incorrect info.

Believe me, we want to get this out to you, as soon as possible. We're as anxious as you guys are.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #1,063 of 4,476
Thanks for the update, my bet is Xbox in April and PS in early March. I preordered on day 1 :joy: Honestly, why start the preorders so early in Dec? :rolling_eyes: For Audeze sake Maxwell better deliver. Anyone else care to guess on delivery while we wait?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back