Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jan 19, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #676 of 4,462
I’m surprised they just won’t send it out and have people just download the firmware at home. That’s what most companies do if something needs fixing lol
Maybe I'm reading into their announcement wrong, but I'm thinking the updated firmware just isn't ready yet and I'm guessing Audeze don't want to ship without the firmware as good as it can be. Guess the problem could be shipping the product now and it ends up in our hands before the updated firmware is ready, then places like this would be filled with 'the Maxwell has issues' posts?

Jan 19, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #677 of 4,462
Actually when I think about it, Microsft not giving even a rough estimate about certification is the most unprofessional thing ever. So what company like Audeze should do? Let's imagine a situation that it's a startup, they have a number of stuff and are waiting without estimate to release products to the market which will (or will not) pay for it's employees. So such a company should also say to their stuff to wait?! How to make a business plan with situation like that...

I will keep my fingers crossed for it to happen quickly

Jan 19, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #679 of 4,462
I’m surprised they just won’t send it out and have people just download the firmware at home. That’s what most companies do if something needs fixing lol

Agreed, as long as it has game sound and chat I'm good for now. It's 2023, we're used to having to update firmware on newly released electronics. My guess is either something is really wrong, or they want to make it perfect so there's no bad reviews. If it's the latter, that's unfortunate for those of us who either delayed buying a new headset to wait for the Maxwell, have a broken Penrose that doesn't make sense to replace, or solid their old headset to put towards the Maxwell.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #681 of 4,462
Actually when I think about it, Microsft not giving even a rough estimate about certification is the most unprofessional thing ever. So what company like Audeze should do? Let's imagine a situation that it's a startup, they have a number of stuff and are waiting without estimate to release products to the market which will (or will not) pay for it's employees. So such a company should also say to their stuff to wait?! How to make a business plan with situation like that...

I will keep my fingers crossed for it to happen quickly
They're not a startup though. They've done the certification before so they should have a rough idea of how long it takes or took with the Penrose X, anyway.

Jan 19, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #684 of 4,462
Because Microsoft are in a mess right now so things are going to be rough for a while. Certification can be quick or slow. There is never a date given either from what I am aware.
I work in Cloud Computing with Microsoft and I can confirm they have been a mess for years already: badly documented settings, stuff that straight doesn't work, and simple features that were promised years ago still undelivered. Last week they launched an untested antivirus signature that created pure chaos in thousands of firms around the globe when the users found nearly all their shortcuts in desktop, Start and quick launch, were deleted. Our helpdesk is still dealing with the aftermath. We had a fix done in-house before Microsoft even acknowledged the mistake. One of the worst mishaps a major IT company has commited in the last decade.

As an end user, things aren't much better. I had issues with their official Xbox headset and they refused to honor the EU warranty law by claiming the headset had 1 year warranty instead of the 2 year by law when I bought it. Also their customer service is awful.

Honestly I can't think how things are going to improve in Microsoft by firing over 11k people, but I guess that's for them to sort out.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #686 of 4,462
@Audeze

Any discounts/partial refunds for Xbox version preorders for people that preordered expecting them to ship in January? Needing to have them certified by Microsoft is not a new surprise when saying you expected to ship them in January, correct?
If you wish to cancel/refund your order we are more than happy to assist you in getting that done at support@audeze.com. Unfortunately, dates are targets, not promises. Unforeseen delays are possible with any product from any company. We understand the desire to get them as soon as possible, and believe me, we WANT to send them out. Sadly, it's just not going to be immediately.

I can't get into specifics, but if we targeted January and now it's not possible, circumstances caused a shift in release timeframes. We don't post targets this close with an expectation to change them. You can be assured we're doing what we can to get them out when we can.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #688 of 4,462
If you wish to cancel/refund your order we are more than happy to assist you in getting that done at support@audeze.com. Unfortunately, dates are targets, not promises. Unforeseen delays are possible with any product from any company. We understand the desire to get them as soon as possible, and believe me, we WANT to send them out. Sadly, it's just not going to be immediately.

I can't get into specifics, but if we targeted January and now it's not possible, circumstances caused a shift in release timeframes. We don't post targets this close with an expectation to change them. You can be assured we're doing what we can to get them out when we can.
Does this mean reviews are also now delayed even though some reviewers already have them in hand?

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #689 of 4,462
@Audeze

Any discounts/partial refunds for Xbox version preorders for people that preordered expecting them to ship in January? Needing to have them certified by Microsoft is not a new surprise when saying you expected to ship them in January, correct?
Why would you get a discount for the release of a product that never had a dedicated release date, just time frame. Did the time difference cost you money that you need to recoup or what is the logic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back