Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v109)
Jan 19, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #691 of 4,481
If you wish to cancel/refund your order we are more than happy to assist you in getting that done at support@audeze.com. Unfortunately, dates are targets, not promises. Unforeseen delays are possible with any product from any company. We understand the desire to get them as soon as possible, and believe me, we WANT to send them out. Sadly, it's just not going to be immediately.

I can't get into specifics, but if we targeted January and now it's not possible, circumstances caused a shift in release timeframes. We don't post targets this close with an expectation to change them. You can be assured we're doing what we can to get them out when we can.
Maybe I don’t understand. Why were you targeting a January ship date (which encourages preorders) at the end of December knowing you still hadn’t had them certified with Microsoft?

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #692 of 4,481
Maybe I don’t understand. Why were you targeting a January ship date (which encourages preorders) at the end of December knowing you still hadn’t had them certified with Microsoft?
I think reading between the lines and then mentioning a hold up with Microsoft earlier in December. I'm guessing they had to change something because it failed certification the first go around or it had to go through again because of the change.

I'd imagine an NDA or similar has it where it can't be spoken about? Pure random guess

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #693 of 4,481
Why would you get a discount for the release of a product that never had a dedicated release date, just time frame. Did the time difference cost you money that you need to recoup or what is the logic?
Because it ties up peoples funds based on bad information that they could have used to purchase another headset during all the holiday discounts.

Jan 19, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #694 of 4,481
You're taking a chance with any pre-order that it may be possible delays to occur. Speaking for myself here. If it's that a problem, then I would think only to order when a product is 100% released and place orders then. Just my two cents.

I DO understand your frustrations, believe me (I buy plenty of things that get delayed). But pre-order timeframes have never, ever been guaranteed dates.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #695 of 4,481
Lol partial refunds I've heard it all now.

I work in Cloud Computing with Microsoft and I can confirm they have been a mess for years already: badly documented settings, stuff that straight doesn't work, and simple features that were promised years ago still undelivered. Last week they launched an untested antivirus signature that created pure chaos in thousands of firms around the globe when the users found nearly all their shortcuts in desktop, Start and quick launch, were deleted. Our helpdesk is still dealing with the aftermath. We had a fix done in-house before Microsoft even acknowledged the mistake. One of the worst mishaps a major IT company has commited in the last decade.

As an end user, things aren't much better. I had issues with their official Xbox headset and they refused to honor the EU warranty law by claiming the headset had 1 year warranty instead of the 2 year by law when I bought it. Also their customer service is awful.

Honestly I can't think how things are going to improve in Microsoft by firing over 11k people, but I guess that's for them to sort out.
I had a similar warranty issue when I bought the Elite series 2 It had massive stick drift out of the box and I sent it back but they kept sending me a broken controller. two of them had stick drift and another had bumpers which didn't work all the time. In the end they refused to do anymore exchanges. I still have my Series X but I have been on Ps5 a while now its been much easier to deal with them so far. Also every exchange would take over a month to complete It was most tiresome.

Jan 19, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #696 of 4,481
People here are impatient. I ordered a roller J-cup for my home gym and it took 4 months to get it and I did pay upfront. It was actually more than the Maxwell in price. Many headphones from ZMF that I preordered took 2-3 months and we paid upfront and they were 2x to 5x the Maxwell price.

Jan 19, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #697 of 4,481
so this will be my first planar headphones. i’ve always had hyper x , logitech, or corsair mid range priced dynamic driver headsets for gaming, and music. so these will be about double i’ve ever paid. what kind of differences are we talking? i’ve never even put on planar headphones before so i’m taking a little bit of a leap of faith here. but judging by everyone’s comments on all the audeze headphones they are a clear step above right? thx

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #698 of 4,481
Because it ties up peoples funds based on bad information that they could have used to purchase another headset during all the holiday discounts.
This doesn't make sense, regarldess if released in January of February it ties it up. If your main purpose was to buy a deal, you should have purchased the deal. This is a new product at a premium price. You buy it because you want this product, not to window shop for the best deal.

Jan 19, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #699 of 4,481
so this will be my first planar headphones. i’ve always had hyper x , logitech, or corsair mid range priced dynamic driver headsets for gaming, and music. so these will be about double i’ve ever paid. what kind of differences are we talking? i’ve never even put on planar headphones before so i’m taking a little bit of a leap of faith here. but judging by everyone’s comments on all the audeze headphones they are a clear step above right? thx
Another level yes

Jan 19, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #703 of 4,481
@Mad Lust Envy is it possible to share anything about the sound? I wonder if it’s warmer or brighter than the Penrose. I think that my Mobius is just a tad warmer than the Penrose.

I don’t think I want anything that’s brighter than the Penrose cause I got them EQed with the “Warm”-preset downloaded from Audezes homepage.

But I guess it’s not a problem really if it responds to EQ as good as the Penrose/Mobius.

Jan 20, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #704 of 4,481
You're taking a chance with any pre-order that it may be possible delays to occur. Speaking for myself here. If it's that a problem, then I would think only to order when a product is 100% released and place orders then. Just my two cents.

I DO understand your frustrations, believe me (I buy plenty of things that get delayed). But pre-order timeframes have never, ever been guaranteed dates.
I agree with this. BUT I will say that most items I preorder do not get pushed back, and when they do it's certainly not indefinitely or for so long. Also, most preorders do not charge you until an item ships. You guys charged everybody, and then were basically like, yeah we have no clue when it's coming. Should've just said will release in 2023.

It honestly just looks like you guys don't know what you're doing, because the Penrose launch was terrible too. This is twice now. The product y'all offer is great. The logistic execution is awful. Now am I gonna cancel? No. It's just kinda frustrating you even put out January because clearly that was never going to happen. I don't know if y'all wanted to get the revenue on the books by the end of the year or what, but if certification isn't even done on the Maxwells, Jan was just BS y'all told us to sell out on preorders. Y'all's process is essentially like ordering something from Kickstarter lol.
Lol partial refunds I've heard it all now.
Lol right. Just cancel if you don't want it. Nobody is giving discounts for preorder delays.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #705 of 4,481

I'm not an 'audiophile' in the sense of understanding things like soundstage and all that, but I do love good audio.

Penrose was my first experience with planar magnetic drivers, having previously come from other 'high end' gaming audio such as SteelSeries Pro - but Penrose was just amazing, and noticeably better in SQ.

Of course it's subjective, but I wouldn't go back if I didn't have to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back