• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jan 4, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #7,261 of 7,693
Some exciting news from the world of Mobius!

Introducing “Team Carbon,” an Amazon-exclusive colorway addition to the award-winning Audeze Mobius lineup! Team Carbon will be available to purchase exclusively through Amazon starting January 10, 2019.

Additionally, we’re excited to announce the introduction of customizable Head Gesture Keybinds! Users will be able to map various keyboard inputs and macros to corresponding head-tracking movements on Audeze HQ. A tilt of the head can be mapped to trigger an in-game action such as leaning left from cover or a nod can be used to trigger a cooldown.
Head Gesture Keybinds provide a greater degree of freedom and choice when gaming with Mobius, allowing the user to tailor their playing experience with multiple hands-free input options beyond a traditional mouse and keyboard.
Head Gesture Keybinds will be released on Audeze HQ in early 2019!

#Audeze #Mobius #WavesNx #TeamCarbon #handsfree#headgesturekeybinds #bestheadset2018 #gaming
Pretty cool update for gaming.

Does this update address any of the requests in this thread?

ie better battery indicator, ability to manually eq, ability to map headphone controls to keystrokes, remembering last settings etc.

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #7,262 of 7,693
Pretty cool update for gaming.

Does this update address any of the requests in this thread?

ie better battery indicator, ability to manually eq, ability to map headphone controls to keystrokes, remembering last settings etc.
Yes it does. Not all the requests, but remembering last settings, better battery indicator, firmware updates etc are included. Somethings like manual EQ is simply not possible at this time, because there is no real-estate on the DSP to implement them.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 4, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #7,263 of 7,693
Yes it does. Not all the requests, but remembering last settings, better battery indicator, firmware updates etc are included. Somethings like manual EQ is simply not possible at this time, because there is no real-estate on the DSP to implement them.
Great! Is this publicly available?

Still holding out hope mapping headphone controls to keystrokes is possible!

Jan 5, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #7,264 of 7,693
Ok, first experience with the Xbox One. Not great I have to admit.

I'm connecting via AUX 3.5mm directly into the controller. Firstly, the volume is ridiculously low. In that it is taking me minutes to scroll the volume to even get it to close to being usable (the volume is set to full in settings on the xbox) - ok, first question - why is the device beeping at me when im scrolling the volume button up? If it's telling me that things are getting no louder, then this is an unacceptable volume for any gaming. I can hear TV in the next room over the audio. Why make the amplifier so weak? I can use an amp with these but it does add significantly to the cumbersome nature of what are being sold as wireless gaming headphones.

Secondly - the microphone scroll wheel is not working at all. According to the manual I can use it to scroll through EQ? Not happening here. I can change between 7.1/2.0/High Res with it? Again, not working over AUX. Why are some presses of the button resulting in a 'charging off' command? I don't even have the headset plugged into charge.

In their current state there are bugs galore here, unless I have a faulty unit, and they aren't going to be usable at this volume without an external amp. Disappointed.

Jan 5, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #7,265 of 7,693

I'm connecting via AUX 3.5mm directly into the controller. Firstly, the volume is ridiculously low. In that it is taking me minutes to scroll the volume to even get it to close to being usable (the volume is set to full in settings on the xbox) - ok, first question - why is the device beeping at me when im scrolling the volume button up? If it's telling me that things are getting no louder, then this is an unacceptable volume for any gaming. I can hear TV in the next room over the audio. Why make the amplifier so weak? I can use an amp with these but it does add significantly to the cumbersome nature of what are being sold as wireless gaming headphones.

Secondly - the microphone scroll wheel is not working at all. According to the manual I can use it to scroll through EQ? Not happening here. I can change between 7.1/2.0/High Res with it? Again, not working over AUX. Why are some presses of the button resulting in a 'charging off' command? I don't even have the headset plugged into charge.

In their current state there are bugs galore here, unless I have a faulty unit, and they aren't going to be usable at this volume without an external amp. Disappointed.
26k9Td7.gif

Heh... it sounds like you're not hitting the correct buttons.

When scrolling the volume it sounds like you're pressing the volume wheel as you scroll. The amplifier in the mobius is pretty powerful and adding an amplifier before the analog to digital conversion of the aux connection won't help.

Pressing and scrolling the microphone wheel is what changes the eq setting. Changing the channel mode is pressing and scrolling the headphone volume wheel.

Disabling usb charging is done by a 3 second press of the headphone volume wheel.

Id recommend reviewing the button layout a bit more.

Jan 5, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #7,266 of 7,693

Heh... it sounds like you're not hitting the correct buttons.

When scrolling the volume it sounds like you're pressing the volume wheel as you scroll. The amplifier in the mobius is pretty powerful and adding an amplifier before the analog to digital conversion of the aux connection won't help.

Pressing and scrolling the microphone wheel is what changes the eq setting. Changing the channel mode is pressing and scrolling the headphone volume wheel.

Disabling usb charging is done by a 3 second press of the headphone volume wheel.

Id recommend reviewing the button layout a bit more.

Haha honestly I was pressing the right buttons. For whatever reason restarting the device has cured the EQ issues. Also thank you for the helpful advice, it is much appreciated.

What would you advise then in regard my volume issues? The Xbox volume for the headphone socket on the controller is maxed out and the Mobius volume is maxed out so I don't see any other way to use these on the Xbox, to a decent volume, besides using an external amplifier, but as you say, doing this is just introducing distortion over AUX. Would dialling back the headphone volume and increasing my external amp volume do any good, otherwise I cannot see any way I can get around the lack of volume for my needs.

Jan 5, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #7,267 of 7,693
Haha honestly I was pressing the right buttons. For whatever reason restarting the device has cured the EQ issues. Also thank you for the helpful advice, it is much appreciated.

What would you advise then in regard my volume issues? The Xbox volume for the headphone socket on the controller is maxed out and the Mobius volume is maxed out so I don't see any other way to use these on the Xbox, to a decent volume, besides using an external amplifier, but as you say, doing this is just introducing distortion over AUX. Would dialling back the headphone volume and increasing my external amp volume do any good, otherwise I cannot see any way I can get around the lack of volume for my needs.

I don't have an xbox or ps4 so I can't say, I know some have expressed volume issues in these threads and managed to resolve them, I would try asking Audeze support directly.

Jan 5, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #7,268 of 7,693
The Mobius is also disappointedly low on PS4 (aux ans usb) as well as Xbox. Yes, they are primary meant for pc gaming, but the console volume performance is incredibly bad

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #7,272 of 7,693

Just a heads up, watch out amping them, it can bust the internal amp: https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003805092-Using-Mobius-with-a-headphone-amplifier

Glad your EQ settings cleared up!

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #7,273 of 7,693
Jan 6, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #7,274 of 7,693

We are targeting a wide variety of devices and the line-in level on some of these are very low.
Mic-scroll wheel should work. You have to press and scroll the wheel immediately. This function is also available from the Audeze HQ app.
Charging off command is to forcibly tun off the battery charging circuit. This is useful when USB devices such as mobile phones are used to power the Mobius. Give us a call monday and we can help you through the options.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #7,275 of 7,693
We are targeting a wide variety of devices and the line-in level on some of these are very low.
Mic-scroll wheel should work. You have to press and scroll the wheel immediately. This function is also available from the Audeze HQ app.
Charging off command is to forcibly tun off the battery charging circuit. This is useful when USB devices such as mobile phones are used to power the Mobius. Give us a call monday and we can help you through the options.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Had another day with them yesterday, and when I can get them at a decent volume I am very impressed. I'm in the UK so would rather not call the US but there is only one real question - what sort of amp should I be looking at to drive these, without risking damaging them?

Also is there any way to get the same simulated 7.1/5.1 from games consoles as you do PC over any 3 of the connection methods?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back