• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 17, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #6,617 of 7,693
I followed this thread religiously for a couple weeks and decided to stop due to the delays. I know there was some controversy about the "shipping" info taking over this thread... BUT.. :wink: I am hoping someone can help me with the info I have, since I know the tracking for these is horrible.

On the SFC tracking site, it shows them "Departing shipping partner facility, USPS awaiting item" from Grade Prairie, TX. on 9/13/2018. I am in Utah. Should I be expecting another shipping update email from USPS, or will they just randomly show up? Can anyone share how long it took them to receive their Mobius with a similar tracking update?

Thanks, and sorry if this annoys anyone.

Unless you get regular updates from USPS (you have to sign up for them) the package will just show. I had same date as you and received my Mobuis late on 9/17/2018. I would guess tomorrow or Wednesday for you.

Sep 17, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #6,618 of 7,693
So the mic is basically IN my mouth. Windows recording volume maxed. Discord sensitivity maxed. USB connection too - and the mic has to be basically touching my lips to register any sound as I speak. Any ideas?

Sep 17, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #6,619 of 7,693
In case anyone is keeping stats:
#34xx in Ohio, got mine today without every having received tracking info despite checking my spam folder religiously. The carrier was USPS.

I'm very happy with them, I figured the higher clamp than I'm used to with my AKG K7xx would cause fatigue but I forgot they were on after a while. Definitely a more aggressive set of headphones. I was disappointed at first until I changed to hi-res mode and now I'm more than content. Always a good sign when the imaging is good enough to pick up new aspects of a song that you've heard hundreds of times. My only complaint is the bass could be a bit punchier, but that may largely me looking for something more fun after a lot of time with the K7xx; though the frequency response shows a lack of sub-bass.

I also tried the 7.1, 3D setting with Battlefield 1 and was floored. It was really cool hearing with much more clarity what was going on around me in the game.

Sep 17, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #6,620 of 7,693
After a day with them i'm really digging them. Listened to a couple of Dickies albums between work and commute home on the train, played some Diablo 3, played some Doom and really liking them so far. Would probably use these as my new commute and game room cans. Use the LCD2C from when i'm relaxing at home and casually listening to music and my TH-X00 PH for in office use.

Only complaints or suggestions I would make is please PLEASE PLEASE don't make the volume default to 100 when changing devices or the headphone type. Also would be great if we could change the voice in the headset. The sexy lady voice thing is so corny and my wife would not stop making fun of it when she was messing with the headset. Honestly might have been another purchase in my household if she didn't hear that.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #6,621 of 7,693
So the mic is basically IN my mouth. Windows recording volume maxed. Discord sensitivity maxed. USB connection too - and the mic has to be basically touching my lips to register any sound as I speak. Any ideas?

Try these instructions from Audeze

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #6,622 of 7,693
Received mine today.
Paid $28 import duty fees to Canada
No tracking email received
Shipped from China on Friday, arrived today (Monday)
No production box, just a carrying case.

My background
I game a lot, mostly FPS games but I also really like high end audio.
For me I game with high end audio equipment and a cheap Zalman lapel mic and it works great but wanted to see what the Mobius was all about.
I don't have Bluetooth in my PC but may get a card if they aren't too expensive

USB Sound Impressions
Music on the High-Res option sounds fantastic, strong punchy bass, clear vocals and clean highs. Really impressive sound quality actually. I'll need to do some testing to see if that's the case with Bluetooth.
Music on the 7.1 setting not so much
The silent hum is barely audible
Volume control knob changes volume in increments of 2 (out of 100) in windows 10, it is nice to be able to have fine grain adjustments
Bass is quite mild on default EQ, also on Music EQ. Can you adjust the EQ? I don't think so. Nothing in the Audeze app.
I normally keep my Windows volume at 100% and use external dac/amps only, so when plugging the mobius in, get ready for pain in your ears. I'm listening at 20/100 in Windows and its really loud. Imagine what 100 feels like. It should also be noted that when you switch input modes it defaults it to 100% volume, big design oversight or limitation, who knows.

Build Quality
Higher quality build than expected
Doesn't feel cheap at all.
Ear pads aren't the best but they are comfortable and not hot at all in a 20C room.
Clamp force is pretty tight but not uncomfortable after a 2hr gaming session, might be able to stretch them out, not sure.
Quite a bit of sound bleed for closed headphones.
Also the left ear has more outside noise coming in than the right because all the buttons and switches are on the left thus less of a closed seal.
USB Cable length is decent if the input is within reach, but will surely need a longer cable if your PC is on the ground behind a desk.

3d Sound
3d Sound is....strange, takes some getting used to. Doesnt seem to give much of an advantage, tested in Overwatch and Rainbow Six Seige. If you have it on the quality of the audio dips, so if 3d isn't giving you an advantage then what's the point. I suspect this will vary on personal preference. It's kinda cool nonetheless.
3d Sound only seems to work in 7.1 mode.

Microphone
The mic and volume knobs have a good tactile feel to them, but sitting in front of a computer, I'd rather use software to control the EQs
When the MIC is on you end up hearing yourself a little bit, is this intended? Apparently this is a ...... feature!?
It's driving me nuts and I can't turn it off, I don't think it's possible. Every swallow, breathe, lip movement, you get to hear it, why!? This article describes at as "Sidetone" : https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...y-can-I-hear-my-microphone-through-my-Mobius-
The mic really good sounding, its bidirectional, so position really matters, 1" away from the mouth and slightly below seems perfect.

The Audeze App
Can't control anything in the app other than adjusting the 3d positional audio
It does provide read only input of mic and sound volume levels as well as mode status and EQ selected

Bluetooth
Have not tried Bluetooth yet

3.5mm
Have not tried 3.5mm cable yet
I suspect the 3.5mm cable is inferior as the Mobius simply converts the analog signal to digital so it can use the same processing as the Bluetooth and USB, so the 3.5mm cable just introduces another level of conversion.

The biggest downside of the Mobius for me is that I can't use it with my external Dac/Amp. I didn't realize that you can't have a straight 3.5mm analog input without using the built in Dac/Amp inside the mobius. The mobius needs a flat line in or your just going to degrade the sound.

Just initial impressions after a few hours so take all of this with a grain of salt.
I'm staring at my external amps and it's just sad. I'm starting to realize I'm not the target demographic for this unit.

Will spend many more hours testing gaming, input types and music listening and will report back. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #6,623 of 7,693
I followed this thread religiously for a couple weeks and decided to stop due to the delays. I know there was some controversy about the "shipping" info taking over this thread... BUT.. :wink: I am hoping someone can help me with the info I have, since I know the tracking for these is horrible.

On the SFC tracking site, it shows them "Departing shipping partner facility, USPS awaiting item" from Grade Prairie, TX. on 9/13/2018. I am in Utah. Should I be expecting another shipping update email from USPS, or will they just randomly show up? Can anyone share how long it took them to receive their Mobius with a similar tracking update?

Thanks, and sorry if this annoys anyone.
Part of the SFC tracking number is the USPS tracking number. It usually starts with 93... and is 22 digits. You can use this number on the USPS website to see when they will deliver the unit.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 18, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #6,625 of 7,693
Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #6,626 of 7,693
Part of the SFC tracking number is the USPS tracking number. It usually starts with 93... and is 22 digits. You can use this number on the USPS website to see when they will deliver the unit.
Dang! The USPS isn't showing any movement since the 13th either.

Not sure if this is saying that USPS is still waiting for it.... Or if DHL is shipping it to my house. I'm confused.
Screenshot_20180918-001037_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #6,627 of 7,693
Dang! The USPS isn't showing any movement since the 13th either.

Not sure if this is saying that USPS is still waiting for it.... Or if DHL is shipping it to my house. I'm confused.

If you have the tracking number try this DHL site, it may help. USPS is delivering, DHL is transporting it to the post office. SFC tracking number drop first 8 digits. Good luck.

https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #6,628 of 7,693
Checking in, Backer #41xx
- Located in the US
- Team Blue
- No shipping notification email ever received (saw the tons of check your spam folder posts, it's not that)
- Received today

A couple initial thoughts:
- Looks very nice :)
- Paired to iPhone painlessly
- I can wander anywhere I want in my living space and there are zero issues with BT hiccups or drops. Totally solid.
- Plugged in sound quality is better than BT (and thanks to the forewarning that it connects max volume for each of the three modes)
- The Abyss absolutely destroy these on sound quality. It's totally unfair to compare, but I wondered while waiting, what if these are so good I could sell everything and just keep the Mobius? Unsurprisingly, just no... stop it.
- I wanted these to beat my old Logitech wireless and I think they do so right now I'm happy. I think these are probably pretty good in their class for the asking price. I need to test the mic, if that works then these will be great for what I intended to get them more. I need to play more...
- Seems like a pretty good deal for the Indiegogo backers. Nice build quality, nice case, nice presentation, manual, nice little bundle of cables...
- Oh yaeh and while the hiss is still present during silence, it's gone when music plays, and my level of tinnitus is more annoying than the hiss. I know these are the fixed version and IMO hiss on these is a non issue.

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #6,630 of 7,693
Checking in, Backer #41xx
- Located in the US
- Team Blue
- No shipping notification email ever received (saw the tons of check your spam folder posts, it's not that)
- Received today

A couple initial thoughts:
- Looks very nice :)
- Paired to iPhone painlessly
- I can wander anywhere I want in my living space and there are zero issues with BT hiccups or drops. Totally solid.
- Plugged in sound quality is better than BT (and thanks to the forewarning that it connects max volume for each of the three modes)
- The Abyss absolutely destroy these on sound quality. It's totally unfair to compare, but I wondered while waiting, what if these are so good I could sell everything and just keep the Mobius? Unsurprisingly, just no... stop it.
- I wanted these to beat my old Logitech wireless and I think they do so right now I'm happy. I think these are probably pretty good in their class for the asking price. I need to test the mic, if that works then these will be great for what I intended to get them more. I need to play more...
- Seems like a pretty good deal for the Indiegogo backers. Nice build quality, nice case, nice presentation, manual, nice little bundle of cables...
- Oh yaeh and while the hiss is still present during silence, it's gone when music plays, and my level of tinnitus is more annoying than the hiss. I know these are the fixed version and IMO hiss on these is a non issue.

Did you try hi res mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back