• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 17, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #6,601 of 7,693
Great news first. Mine arrived and it sounds great, while it has quite a bit of white noise floor when there is no signal.
Unfortunately the
Audeze HQ application for Windows
does not work properly on my Windows 10 laptop.
Just emailed the @Audeze Customer Service.
It is installed. Windows 10 uses the Moebius but the app just does not open properly. It stays a small little tile with Audeze written in it. Bummer.
Did you run the setup and the app in Administrator Mode?

Sep 17, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #6,603 of 7,693
Great news first. Mine arrived and it sounds great, while it has quite a bit of white noise floor when there is no signal.
Unfortunately the
Audeze HQ application for Windows
does not work properly on my Windows 10 laptop.
Just emailed the @Audeze Customer Service.
It is installed. Windows 10 uses the Moebius but the app just does not open properly. It stays a small little tile with Audeze written in it. Bummer.
You might have to run it in admin mode the first time. What is your screen resolution. Does the app even open on your system ?

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 17, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #6,605 of 7,693
Just received mine! (United Kingdom, Backer #42XX)

Surprisingly, I was not required to make any payment to release them from customs or anything. Not that I'm complaining! Might mean that others get a nice surprise waiting for them today as well. Box was slightly damaged on one corner, but initial inspection showed the headphones are fairly well protected inside the headphone case. Reading the manual a little bit and will post my impressions soon in the impressions/review thread.

Excited is an understatement! I feel like a child at christmas right now :gs1000smile::gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

Hey, do you remember what company delivered them in the end? I'm still waiting for mine & the tracking information I have isn't doing jack on any site. Last update was 5 days ago on SFC & no where else is recognising the number ..

Thanks

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #6,606 of 7,693
For music listening (not gaming) what do you guys prefer the USB or 3.5mm to a DAC/Amp combo? I haven't tested this yet but curious.

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #6,607 of 7,693
I think its been mentioned before but putting here again. Changing between audio modes defaults the audio to max. I just got my set earlier and was excited and forgot reading about that. Now all I know is pain.

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #6,608 of 7,693
For music listening (not gaming) what do you guys prefer the USB or 3.5mm to a DAC/Amp combo? I haven't tested this yet but curious.
That's a good question. May I specifically ask for someone to check it using the massdrop x airist audio DAC in a couple months. While I don't want to use Mobius with it persay. I really want to try that with the massdrop x koss esp 95x electro-stats. Fromm what I have been researching is that electro-stats are similar but slightly planars in terms of audio accuracy. Might get an amp for the Mobius also though

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #6,609 of 7,693
I think its been mentioned before but putting here again. Changing between audio modes defaults the audio to max. I just got my set earlier and was excited and forgot reading about that. Now all I know is pain.

Lol. Duly noted. Thanks for the heads up.

That's a good question. May I specifically ask for someone to check it using the massdrop x airist audio DAC in a couple months. While I don't want to use Mobius with it persay. I really want to try that with the massdrop x koss esp 95x electro-stats. Fromm what I have been researching is that electro-stats are similar but slightly planars in terms of audio accuracy. Might get an amp for the Mobius also though

I have the Lyr Hybrid amp which I use to drive my HE500. It's a thirsty pair of planar and they drive them quite well so I can let you know.

Sep 17, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #6,610 of 7,693
Just joined after following this thread for what seems like forever... I just got a tweet reply from Audeze for those of us who bought direct from the web site...

All the direct orders have been shipped to our 3rd party logistics company. They are working on the customs clearance and it should be on its way once it clears the customs.

I know that I had heard various things, but for those who were wondering, Soon!

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #6,611 of 7,693
SFC Shipping status finally updated after +5days in Azerbaijan ! Looks like my Mobius is at Best, Netherlands... Excited :gs1000smile:

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #6,612 of 7,693
Hey, do you remember what company delivered them in the end? I'm still waiting for mine & the tracking information I have isn't doing jack on any site. Last update was 5 days ago on SFC & no where else is recognising the number ..

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure as they were delivered to reception where I work but they came in at the same time as the Royal Mail deliveries this morning so I would call that a reasonable guess.

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #6,613 of 7,693

Might get an amp for the Mobius also though

Using the aux 3.5 input on the mobius does an analog to digital conversion before using the mobius' built in dac and amp, not recommended.

You'd be better served by something like the wyred4sound recovery, uptone iso regen, intona usb isolator, etc. Galvanic isolation, usb hub chips, clocks, low noise regulators, for a clean usb stream.

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #6,614 of 7,693
Can anyone comment on how well the Bluetooth works on these as far as distance is concerned? For example from tv to couch 3 meter distance?

I'm also concerned for PC as for some reason the Bluetooth from Xbox one controller on my pc was crap I had to hold my controller under my desk to get it to work when held above my desk it was intermittent at best.

Is the Bluetooth implemted well? Is there like a little sub attachment tgat I plug into my pc with mobius or it just relies on your desktop Bluetooth? Or a special driver?

Haven't tried it with computer much, and I use a Mac, but it did work well, no plug ins, Just put into pairing mode and done. I have used it with an portable device (iPhone) and I walked about 20 meters away from the source, no bluetooth loss. Overall they are keepers, IMO. Best bluetooth I have heard ever, I think.

Also no hiss.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #6,615 of 7,693
I followed this thread religiously for a couple weeks and decided to stop due to the delays. I know there was some controversy about the "shipping" info taking over this thread... BUT.. :wink: I am hoping someone can help me with the info I have, since I know the tracking for these is horrible.

On the SFC tracking site, it shows them "Departing shipping partner facility, USPS awaiting item" from Grade Prairie, TX. on 9/13/2018. I am in Utah. Should I be expecting another shipping update email from USPS, or will they just randomly show up? Can anyone share how long it took them to receive their Mobius with a similar tracking update?

Thanks, and sorry if this annoys anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back