• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 16, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #6,556 of 7,693
I hope we dont have to pay but im pretty sure the only Carrier that offers taxes pay while delivering is DHL. As far as i know this is treated like a inland shipment so probably no taxes^^

My Mobius is now in the local Hermes hub in Freiburg Germany, my hometown. It seems I will receivery them tomorrow without customs fee.

That would be awesome.

Sep 16, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #6,557 of 7,693
Just received both Mobius today in Singapore, enjoy the f1 race if you are watching now folks!

Currently charging the copper one and reading the forum questions and help provided in this thread latest first and working backwards from the threads.

Sep 16, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #6,558 of 7,693
1. Battery level stuck at 98%. I installed the Audeze HQ app on Windows 10, and everything seems to be working fine, except that the battery level reported by the app is stuck at "98%". I connect the headphones to PC via USB, and even if I disable the USB charging (pressing and holding the headphones volume in 3 seconds), the battery level is still reported at "98%" after 6 hours of use. Is there another way to accurately know the battery level of the headphones?

2. Low volume with PS4 Pro. The maximum volume when using the headphones with the PS4 Pro (via aux cable connected to the Dualshock controller) is anything but loud. The headphones' volume control is set to max, and so are the PS4 system's volume setting, and in-game volume settings. (Tested with Monster Hunter World and God of War). To compare, the maxed out volume of the headphones with the PS4 is as loud as the 14-16% volume setting on Windows 10. (The headphones can get deafeningly loud in Windows 10.)

Help.

EDIT:
3. What's the Bluetooth version of the headphones?

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #6,559 of 7,693
1. Battery level stuck at 98%. I installed the Audeze HQ app on Windows 10, and everything seems to be working fine, except that the battery level reported by the app is stuck at "98%". I connect the headphones to PC via USB, and even if I disable the USB charging (pressing and holding the headphones volume in 3 seconds), the battery level is still reported at "98%" after 6 hours of use. Is there another way to accurately know the battery level of the headphones?

I have the same issue too, rather perplexing.

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #6,560 of 7,693

In case you want to know what the gift bag from Audeze was for the refferal.
Have to admit that I did not need another headstand.

Thanks for the heads up. This email ended up in my Spam folder.

Excited for the top 20 fan pack as well. Audeze is my favorite audio brand and even one of my favorite brands overall so can’t wait to see what they include! I’ve definitely become super passionate about the company and their products.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #6,561 of 7,693
Got my Mobius yesterday morning in Seattle without ever receiving a shipping email! I've been watching movies and gaming with it, and it's definitely surpassed my expectations. I mainly ordered to get a pair of planar magnetics, but I've been using them almost exclusively in 3D mode as the soundstage is really impressive. I don't even feel like i'm wearing headphones.

Sep 16, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #6,563 of 7,693
I've gone audio crazy since dipping my feet in - iSine 20, Fiio FH5, Sennheiser 6xx, HiFiMan HE4xx, and AKG 7xx. The latter are going to be sold as the band makes my head ache. Will be interesting to see how the Mobius stack up to the HE4xx. The Sennheisers sound good, but not really for gaming. They're my sit on the couch and listen to music pair.

Now I wait!

Sep 17, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #6,564 of 7,693
I've gone audio crazy since dipping my feet in - iSine 20, Fiio FH5, Sennheiser 6xx, HiFiMan HE4xx, and AKG 7xx. The latter are going to be sold as the band makes my head ache. Will be interesting to see how the Mobius stack up to the HE4xx. The Sennheisers sound good, but not really for gaming. They're my sit on the couch and listen to music pair.

Now I wait!
The HE4xx can be largely improved by replacing the outside grill with something more acoustically transparent to remove the internal reflections. Then it becomes hard to beat for any other headphone. Try just removing the grill (really easy) to hear the effect. Google for Hifiman HE 400 regrilling mod, e.g.:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-regrilling-mod.619447/

Sep 17, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #6,565 of 7,693
My #1 requested feature for gen 2 (or even this product if possible) would be wireless lossless surround sound. It’s technically possible via WiFi. It sounds fantastic for movies but it’s inconvenient to use with a home theater since it requires running a USB cable from a computer to the headphones, then a HDMI cable to a TV.

If Sony adds 5.1/7.1 USB output support I could see myself using the PS4 for movies. I suppose anybody with a home theater PC and especially PC gamers watching movies on a monitor/laptop will be able to easily benefit from the virtual surround sound though.

(Wrong thread again. Apologies for the cross-post.)

Mobius is great. You guys will enjoy it.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #6,566 of 7,693
Delivery today seems to be possible.

Hermes states:

“Letzter Sendungsstatus
Mo, 17.09.2018, 02:33 Uhr:
Die Sendung ist im Hermes Verteilzentrum Düsseldorf eingetroffen.”

This is approximately 25 km from where I live.

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #6,569 of 7,693
Delivered today
Melbourne Australia
#16xx backer.

Trying it with 5.1 Netflix movies on the lappy.

Woohoo - the unit is exactly what I was hoping it would be, does exactly what I was hoping it would do.

For the 1st time ever using a VSS the centre and frontal cues are exactly where they are supposed to be. (frontal sounds have always turned into varying degrees of muddy messes, rears are usually spot on)

Couple of games are next on the cards, but going by the 5.1 I've listened to so far I've gotten my monies worth.

Pads are getting a bit warm and sweaty after about 45 mins - but a quick break and they're good to go again.

Haven't had a critical listen to the sound quality yet (wasn't what I bought them for), but will enjoy doing that a bit later.

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #6,570 of 7,693
Just received mine! (United Kingdom, Backer #42XX)

Surprisingly, I was not required to make any payment to release them from customs or anything. Not that I'm complaining! Might mean that others get a nice surprise waiting for them today as well. Box was slightly damaged on one corner, but initial inspection showed the headphones are fairly well protected inside the headphone case. Reading the manual a little bit and will post my impressions soon in the impressions/review thread.

Excited is an understatement! I feel like a child at christmas right now :gs1000smile::gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back