• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 12, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #6,438 of 7,693
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 12, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #6,440 of 7,693
Definitely air, my status just changed to "Flight has taken off".
Mine too, but the bpost (Belgium Post) website says they expect to receive the package from China in 14-18 days. I imagine, now its been updated, after 5 days. That we have now cleared customs? Where it goes from here is anyone's guess. Still unsure of the Belgium detour & it's use in the whole thing. Would be nice to understand that but it's not necessary. At least they're on their way. Can focus on my JW:A tournament & my wedding planning (in that order ) while I wait for them.

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #6,441 of 7,693
I am hoping full comparisons are made with the Smyth Realiser 16 when reviewed.

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #6,442 of 7,693
Anyone in Asia received their notification yet? Am in Singapore, and haven’t heard a peep.
I got my tracking email 6 days ago, but no further movement since then.

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #6,444 of 7,693
Sep 12, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #6,446 of 7,693
I must say I'm rather jealous of all the people in this thread that get to take a month or so off.

From incidental information I've read in this thread, no one is getting updates past the initial notice. Delivery usually happens within 7-10 business days after initial notification.

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #6,447 of 7,693
Mine went from flight take off, to landed over the course of about a week or so, then as soon as there was a USPS notification it was already out for delivery. The latter notifications from arrival in the US and on all happened all happened very, very quickly and you could easily totally miss those notifications if you didn't check regularly and sign up for USPS text notifications as soon as they were available. No signature was required and it was left in the parcel box at an apartment complex mailbox.

I can't give impressions as I'm away for a month but my parcel is waiting for me when I return.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #6,448 of 7,693
Mine went from flight take off, to landed over the course of about a week or so, then as soon as there was a USPS notification it was already out for delivery. The latter notifications from arrival in the US and on all happened all happened very, very quickly and you could easily totally miss those notifications if you didn't check regularly and sign up for USPS text notifications as soon as they were available. No signature was required and it was left in the parcel box at an apartment complex mailbox.

I can't give impressions as I'm away for a month but my parcel is waiting for me when I return.

Mine took off to the UK with a flight departed update but it must have fallen out of the plane because the departed entry has gone from the tracking and its back in HK cargo received status again!!

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #6,449 of 7,693
Question about fixed soundstage - in regards to Audeze's Mobius and VR in general.

Many articles state things along these lines:

"As you might imagine, these headphones are divine for VR. Even a simple headset, like the Gear VR or Oculus Go, is taken to a whole new level with the Mobius. It’s no exaggeration to say this is “audio VR,” so HTC and Oculus had better be taking notes. VR headsets need this technology.
Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/hardware-rev...-revolutionary-1000012942#BZr17G4jW0rqqOa7.99"

and

"If all you’re looking for is surround sound, you might not want to spring the extra $100 for head tracking, regardless of how cool it is. If you’re into VR, however? Boy, oh boy. When you’re immersed in a virtual environment, with all the ducking, bobbing and weaving that requires, having a surround sound headset with head tracking is...intense."

The implication being that VR doesn't already feature a fixed soundstage. But any headphone that is connected to a HMD such as HTC Vive or Oculus Rift (not the "Go" or "Cardboard" versions) should have spatial audio headtracking built in from the start. Doesn't VR already rotate the sound with head tracking from the VR headset? While the Mobius certainly is unique and promises to be a game changer, it will not be adding anything to VR that VR doesn't have already.

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #6,450 of 7,693
Question about fixed soundstage - in regards to Audeze's Mobius and VR in general.

Many articles state things along these lines:

"As you might imagine, these headphones are divine for VR. Even a simple headset, like the Gear VR or Oculus Go, is taken to a whole new level with the Mobius. It’s no exaggeration to say this is “audio VR,” so HTC and Oculus had better be taking notes. VR headsets need this technology.
Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/hardware-rev...-revolutionary-1000012942#BZr17G4jW0rqqOa7.99"

and

"If all you’re looking for is surround sound, you might not want to spring the extra $100 for head tracking, regardless of how cool it is. If you’re into VR, however? Boy, oh boy. When you’re immersed in a virtual environment, with all the ducking, bobbing and weaving that requires, having a surround sound headset with head tracking is...intense."

The implication being that VR doesn't already feature a fixed soundstage. But any headphone that is connected to a HMD such as HTC Vive or Oculus Rift (not the "Go" or "Cardboard" versions) should have spatial audio headtracking built in from the start. Doesn't VR already rotate the sound with head tracking from the VR headset? While the Mobius certainly is unique and promises to be a game changer, it will not be adding anything to VR that VR doesn't have already.

This has been covered in the thread. They just turned off the head tracking without giving it a chance. Not realizing they were also turning off all 3d. That was a really sloppy review without much understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back