• I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 11, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #6,421 of 7,693
Heh. :wink:
Wasn't really meant as optimism.
More like: with USB we get the equivqlent to Dolby Digital while with the other inputs it's gonna be more like Dolby Pro Logic.
I think I'll wait for the second coming of the Mobius then.

I agree. It will be speculator. Worth the wait.

Sep 11, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #6,423 of 7,693
Heh. :wink:
Wasn't really meant as optimism.
More like: with USB we get the equivqlent to Dolby Digital while with the other inputs it's gonna be more like Dolby Pro Logic.
I think I'll wait for the second coming of the Mobius then.

While I dont have my headphones yet, from following these from the beginning, you are mostly correct. In 2 channel mode, you can still use 3d mode with head tracking. But its still 3d mode with 2 channels. What that essentially means is that it will sort of emulate if you were listening to a 2.0 speaker system. They should theoretically sound like they are coming from in front of you, and will track when you move your head. Dolby pro logic doesnt do any 3d processing in the same sense the mobius does, it instead takes two channels and then creates the extra channels based on some matrixed information or something (not sure the exact implementation), but I believe you then end up with 5.1 channels (or more). The mobius doesnt do anything like that, it applies an hrtf function with head tracking from the channels you feed it. So you still wont get surround sound, but you can still get 3d and head tracking. So its not really the same as dolby digital vs dolby pro logic, since pro logic tries to create the extra channels, while mobius is taking whatever channels you feed it and processing it down to 2 channels, but in a way that preserves the locational cues of whatever you send it. I think the part most people are confused on is that surround is not the same as 3d.

Hope thats helpful in trying to explain it more. Regardless though, if you dont have USB (from a computer) you will not get surround with mobius. You can still use 3d and head tracking, but it would be more similar to using 2.0 speakers.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #6,424 of 7,693
Hey peeps sorry if this has already been answered, I'm about to run to class and don't have too much time to read through the posts. If I received an email from SFC six days ago, where can I find the UPS tracking number? I think I read to just do it that way since SFC takes forever to update their website

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #6,425 of 7,693
Maybe we can read it as: The Mobius does all the tricks it can do using any input (BT, analog, USB) but the difference is with USB it does it on up to 8 channels while using analog or BT it does the same on 2 channels?
My understanding is that, no matter which 2 channel input it receives, it will always try to simulate two speakers in a room. And this cannot be turned off. If you feed it 8 channel, it will simulate 7.1.

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #6,426 of 7,693
I got my tracking on request from Audeze today. It is also SFC and Hermes. Hermes is waiting for the shipment and will dispatch it to my house in Germany. the package seems to be still in China though.

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #6,427 of 7,693
I got my tracking on request from Audeze today. It is also SFC and Hermes. Hermes is waiting for the shipment and will dispatch it to my house in Germany. the package seems to be still in China though.
Probably will be some time to come, too. Got my notice a good 2 days ago, and it still says
06.09.2018, 08:48:01 Uhr:
Die Sendung wurde Hermes angekündigt und wird vom Versender für den Versand vorbereitet.
Let's see when it's gonna move. I wonder what they're doing tho.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #6,428 of 7,693
What are the last two letters of the tracking? Many European units are going via BE , Belgium. They track on the bpost site? This means there is a forwarding operation there and we don’t know the final delivery method. On the other hand it may mean we are off the hook for customs as it would have to be settled at point of entry. The downside is that it is likely another 3 weeks before we see our headphones!

Yep, it's a BE tracking number. Seems like an odd choice, to go through Belgium. Hopefully you're right, & we dint have to pay customs though. Other wise, why go through Belgium? Are they popping some chocolates on along the way to sweeten the deal??

Sep 11, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #6,429 of 7,693
My apologies if this has been asked before. If so the forum's search function failed me.

My PC does not have Bluetooth, and I have an external Amp DAC (SoundBlaster G5). I can just use the analog jack to connect my Mobius (once they arrive in a few days) to the DAC, as long as I set the DAC to DirectSound, correct?

Sep 11, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #6,430 of 7,693
Wanna know what pisses me off. Most people are still waiting for their Mobius. I'm still waiting for mine. But there is someone from Delaware that is selling his blue Mobius for $400. Brand new, never used. I get it. If you buy them and don't like them. Well that's one reason. Just to make a profit, you suck.

Sep 11, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #6,431 of 7,693
My apologies if this has been asked before. If so the forum's search function failed me.

My PC does not have Bluetooth, and I have an external Amp DAC (SoundBlaster G5). I can just use the analog jack to connect my Mobius (once they arrive in a few days) to the DAC, as long as I set the DAC to DirectSound, correct?

If DirectSound means you skip the amp stage, then absolutely. Of course, you could also put an amped signal in but there's not much point. But it's definitely going to be worth trying to connect to the PC via USB since the Mobius has its own DAC/AMP on board.

Sep 11, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #6,432 of 7,693
Hello Head-fi’ers longtime reader here is making my first post.

Like many on this thread I am a Mobius backer on Indiegogo and anxiously await my unexpectedly unique blue pair. I want to put forward a theory about the SFC shipping notifications causing so much angst on this thread, but first a little comedy relief.

Last Saturday while enjoying a second cup of coffee I was catching up on this thread and the parallel Mobius review thread before digging into the day’s activities, one dare not fall behind lest he find 100 unread pages of posts. Done with that I was leaving the house and discovered outside my front door a box had been delivered. Excitement as I saw the box was the perfect size to hold a high performance DSP equipped headphone. Apprehension as I noticed the box had suffered a rough trip, some of the corners not so square anymore. Near panic as I picked up the box and it made that dreaded sound of many broken parts inside rattling around. Then I see the shipping label, addressed to my wife from the place she buys our vitamins. Box containing bottles full of pills sounds exactly like a Audeze Mobius box that was used as the ball in a soccer game by the shipper’s staff taking a break. Would not have thought I could be so relieved to NOT get delivery of my Mobius.

So let’s consider the SFC shipping notifications that cause so much joy when they arrive and consternation when they do not. Very early it was noted, and has been repeated 12,879 times on this thread; that these tend to go straight to email SPAM folders. Now it is commonly reported the headphones arrive and the emails with tracking info never do. I do not have an email from SFC and live in the hope my ‘phones are headed to me anyway. This “SPAM or never received” behavior leads me to believe that SFC’s email server has an IP address or is within a range of addresses or has a domain name that is or has been used to spam or mail-bot mass mail activities. Indiegogo Mobius backers from literally all over the world are reporting this behavior which reinforces my belief that SFC is (rightly or wrongly) identified as a SPAM source.

Next consider that in 2018 because of SPAM and worse yet malware, viruses, and ransomware delivered as email payloads email has multiple layers of scanning and security it must survive before it hits your Inbox. I know both my work and home emails are scanned first by the ISP’s firewall software and then again by the email clients I use to read and send email. That scanning includes reference to constantly evolving blacklists of known SPAMers, checking attachments for viruses, and AI bots trying to guess if an email looks like it has bad or simply annoying intent. I believe SFC is a victim of guilt by association or perhaps it was noted they are sending 1,000s of very similar emails (our shipping notices) and an assumption was made ’must be SPAM’.

Let’s get real and admit Audeze has no control over how our ISP’s firewalls and mail clients behave and that in 2018 this behavior is often set to “maximum paranoid”. Chill and wait, early reviews lead me to expect the wait will be worth it.

Sep 11, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #6,434 of 7,693
Mine showed up with zero tracking information sent to me. I got in at the $250 deal. My only beef with them is how poopy the sound quality gets when using the unit via bluetooth, and enabling the mic via bluetooth as well. if you disable the mic via bluetooth, the sound quality is substantially better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back