Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 10, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #6,410 of 7,693
Bluetooth:

I'll be the first to admit I don't have a lot of experience with wireless audio. Outside of a pretty good pair of Jaybird X2s iems and gaming headsets: Creative Soundblaster Jam, Astro A50, Skullcandy Plyr 1, and perhaps a few others, I don't expect much from wireless audio.

Now, the Mobius' bluetooth implemetation isn't even finalized, and even before that, I can EASILY say that I'm positively blown away by how amazing the Mobius sounds in its prototype Bluetooth form. I mean, it sounds the 'same' to my ears. I mean that in a way that I don't notice any sound signature differences. It sounds clean, crisp, clear, and if there is any compression, I honestly can't tell. I would absolutely fail a blind test between bluetooth and USB. I'm sure there are differences, but I'm not gonna strain myself to the point where I trick myself into thinking one sounds better than the other. That is the highest praise I can give. What baffles me is how the final product's Bluetooth implementation is supposed to be better? HOLY SMOKES.

We can sit here and talk about headtracking, and whatnot. To be honest, I think I was just as impressed by the bluetooth sound quality. Yes, it's that good. Fight me.

Personal Recommendation?

The Audeze Mobius is possibly the easiest product to recommend to everyone outside of console specific gamers. It's a stellar music headphone, gaming headset, and general media monster. Outside of possibly those who want something analytical, or bass light, I don't see how ANYONE else would not consider these.

Cons:

No full console capability outside of standard aux cable into controller on PS4. Not sure on XB1 or Switch, though if they have a headphone jack somewhere you'll get basic stereo capability.

Hi MLE!
I was looking for this review in your thread but found it here.

Three questions:
- I believe the Mobius can be paired with PS and Xbox consoles via bluetooth as well?
- when you use Bluetooth or Aux versus USB, what functons (3D, vertual, headtracking, ...) do you loose?
- Has the final version been released yet?

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #6,411 of 7,693
I'll be given this version a miss as I cannot use it to watch films of my standalone DVD player (damn). I have been waiting for years for such a phone. Hopefully for version 2 Audeze after incorporating Dolby Atmos and DTS:X will have a box setup arrangement as space will be not enough in the headphone. Then the box will connect by either cable or wireless to the headphone. Maybe we can now tell Audeze what functionality would be required or hoped for in the next iteration. I know it's a tad early as people have yet to use the current one.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #6,412 of 7,693
I'll be given this version a miss as I cannot use it to watch films of my standalone DVD player (damn). I have been waiting for years for such a phone. Hopefully for version 2 Audeze after incorporating Dolby Atmos and DTS:X will have a box setup arrangement as space will be not enough in the headphone. Then the box will connect by either cable or wireless to the headphone. Maybe we can now tell Audeze what functionality would be required or hoped for in the next iteration. I know it's a tad early as people have yet to use the current one.
Just get a cheap laptop that will play your DVDs and enjoy real 5.1 and 7.1 in headphones.

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #6,413 of 7,693
Hi MLE!
I was looking for this review in your thread but found it here.

Three questions:
- I believe the Mobius can be paired with PS and Xbox consoles via bluetooth as well?
- when you use Bluetooth or Aux versus USB, what functons (3D, vertual, headtracking, ...) do you loose?
- Has the final version been released yet?

This is what I found in the FAQ:
Will Mobius work with my Xbox/Playstation/Switch? Mobius will work with Xbox/PS4/Switch using only the analog cable (or Bluetooth if applicable). USB audio will not work with these devices. However, the headtracking, room emulation, and spatialization also work in analog and Bluetooth modes. So, even though you don't get USB audio, the analog connection with 3D audio is very compelling.

So does the Mobius do all the same regarding 3D/Virtual sound whether connected analog, Bluetooth or digital or does it do something less when you don't use USB?

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #6,415 of 7,693
This is what I found in the FAQ:

So does the Mobius do all the same regarding 3D/Virtual sound whether connected analog, Bluetooth or digital or does it do something less when you don't use USB?
You need USB or wireless to receive all the goodies. 3.5mm analogue provides simple two channel.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #6,416 of 7,693
You need USB or wireless to receive all the goodies. 3.5mm analogue provide simple two channel.

And what about this quote from the FAQ on the Mobius website then?

Will Mobius work with my Xbox/Playstation/Switch? Mobius will work with Xbox/PS4/Switch using only the analog cable (or Bluetooth if applicable). USB audio will not work with these devices. However, the headtracking, room emulation, and spatialization also work in analog and Bluetooth modes. So, even though you don't get USB audio, the analog connection with 3D audio is very compelling.

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #6,417 of 7,693
And what about this quote from the FAQ on the Mobius website then?
I saw this too although from what I've read the effect is not the same, as it says "3D audio is very compelling". It's not the real thing although close, how close is anyone's guess at this stage before it's fully tested here by someone.

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #6,418 of 7,693
I saw this too although from what I've read the effect is not the same, as it says "3D audio is very compelling". It's not the real thing although close, how close is anyone's guess at this stage before it's fully tested here by someone.

Maybe we can read it as: The Mobius does all the tricks it can do using any input (BT, analog, USB) but the difference is with USB it does it on up to 8 channels while using analog or BT it does the same on 2 channels?

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #6,419 of 7,693
Maybe we can read it as: The Mobius does all the tricks it can do using any input (BT, analog, USB) but the difference is with USB it does it on up to 8 channels while using analog or BT it does the same on 2 channels?
Optimism is always good relief. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back