• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 1, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #6,076 of 7,693
USPS just updated and mine arrives on Tuesday. It just arrived at the local post office an hour ago. I guess I'm working from home on Tuesday.:thumbsup:

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #6,078 of 7,693
They prioritized by greatness, shipping the best country first, next best country next, etc...

And so last minute slipped and started arse end first :)

Sep 1, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #6,082 of 7,693
Can anybody comment on the comfort and soundstage of the Mobius? I'm relatively new to planars and the only Audeze I have tried is the LCD X, but its weight was just too much for me. I noticed the Mobius is listed at "only" 350g and my Hifiman Edition X V2's are perfectly comfortable while weighing in right around 400g. The LCD X I tried had a really congested soundstage, although that was coming from my Sennheiser HD800 S, which will make most other headphones seem claustrophobic in comparison. I know the Mobius are closed backs, but maybe the DSP built in helps "widen" them up a bit.

Sep 1, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #6,083 of 7,693
Edit; I was wrong. volume is only barely audible when the mic is turned down enough to hide sidetone holy crap. just spent 2 hours messing around on discord just to get these things to work and my wife able to hear me. I grossly misjudged this haha @Audeze and @KMann these things need a "sidetone disable" function!

Hmmm, so setting 50% mic volume is effectively disabling the mic entirely and is not really a viable solution.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #6,084 of 7,693
My Mobius arrived today as a great surprise, since I had not received any tracking notification. I absolutely love these headphones so far! They are everything I imagined them to be and more. Super comfortable, all the parts feel and move good. Love the gaming sound, the surround sound, the 3D. Used the Hi-Res setting + Music preset (3D off) for music, and that was quite good too. One of my home desktops had some trouble recognizing the headphones properly, but I've resolved that using a different USB port in the back of the computer + high quality active USB extension cord from Monoprice I already had.

Big thumbs up, Audeze, thanks again! (Already had and love my Sine--only wish it were as comfortable as Mobius).

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #6,085 of 7,693
Gonna try asking in this one.

Is itpossible to use the Mobius over USB with a bass shaker system, subpac or the like? Would something like virtual audio cable be able to duplicate the signal?

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #6,086 of 7,693
My Mobius arrived today as a great surprise, since I had not received any tracking notification. I absolutely love these headphones so far! They are everything I imagined them to be and more. Super comfortable, all the parts feel and move good. Love the gaming sound, the surround sound, the 3D. Used the Hi-Res setting + Music preset (3D off) for music, and that was quite good too. One of my home desktops had some trouble recognizing the headphones properly, but I've resolved that using a different USB port in the back of the computer + high quality active USB extension cord from Monoprice I already had.

Big thumbs up, Audeze, thanks again! (Already had and love my Sine--only wish it were as comfortable as Mobius).

Got any pictures? I'm starving for more of this beauty. Haven't seen enough since people started receiving them. Did you try it for gaming or did you just try the preset?

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #6,087 of 7,693
Got any pictures? I'm starving for more of this beauty. Haven't seen enough since people started receiving them. Did you try it for gaming or did you just try the preset?

I can take some pictures tomorrow in daylight. Actually did do some gaming. Only thing I didn't verifiably try was 7.1 channel setting + 3D for gaming -- I used whatever was the default + 3D at the time, and I'm not sure if it was 7.1 by default or not; it may have been. I'm much more comfortable with changing the settings after using the headphones much of the day. Both of my Windows 10 desktop computers automatically recognize the headphones as "Audeze 3D Headphone" when plugged in via USB, by the way, and set them to default output device.

The preset it comes with by default is, I think, the "Default" preset, which is described as "Audeze house sound". I'm a little confused about that vs. the "Music" preset. I would have thought that the "Music" preset would be the Audeze house sound. I use my Sine with a Cayin amplifier and a DAP, and those change how they would sound with an Audeze's ownCipher cable amp/DAC. Mobius doesn't quite sound like either of those combos. Maybe the "house sound" refers more to the LCD series.

I haven't tried other presets yet except for "Music" and "Default". There are some others to try for games and Netflix, such as "Footsteps".

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #6,088 of 7,693
I can take some pictures tomorrow in daylight. Actually did do some gaming. Only thing I didn't verifiably try was 7.1 channel setting + 3D for gaming -- I used whatever was the default + 3D at the time, and I'm not sure if it was 7.1 by default or not; it may have been. I'm much more comfortable with changing the settings after using the headphones much of the day. Both of my Windows 10 desktop computers automatically recognize the headphones as "Audeze 3D Headphone" when plugged in via USB, by the way, and set them to default output device.

The preset it comes with by default is, I think, the "Default" preset, which is described as "Audeze house sound". I'm a little confused about that vs. the "Music" preset. I would have thought that the "Music" preset would be the Audeze house sound. I use my Sine with a Cayin amplifier and a DAP, and those change how they would sound with an Audeze's ownCipher cable amp/DAC. Mobius doesn't quite sound like either of those combos. Maybe the "house sound" refers more to the LCD series.

I haven't tried other presets yet except for "Music" and "Default". There are some others to try for games and Netflix, such as "Footsteps".

Thanks for the info and looking forward to those pictures!

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #6,089 of 7,693
I forgot to mention, and this has probably been discussed in the thread already, but there's a female announcer voice for all the setting changes. Everything has either verbal or sound confirmation (such as "3-D off") so it's pretty easy to change settings. To change the sound presets, you click once on the microphone scroll wheel and scroll the wheel one click. To change to the next preset, you repeat those actions. It's not a click once and then scroll through presets. It's click + scroll, click + scroll, etc. But again, with verbal confirmation for every preset change, there is no ambiguity. I like how it was done.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #6,090 of 7,693
Gonna try asking in this one.

Is itpossible to use the Mobius over USB with a bass shaker system, subpac or the like? Would something like virtual audio cable be able to duplicate the signal?
This is actually difficult over USB, since the audio can be sent only to a USB host.
3.5 mm
But if you are using 3.5 mm or bluetooth this is possible. With 3.5 mm you just have to split the 3.5 mm or take the feed off the subpac amplifier.
Bluetooth
With bluetooth it is even more easier on a Mac. (With windows this should be possible as well).
Open Audio midi control on the Mac. Click on the + sign at the bottom and create a multi-output device.
Select the multi-output device and enable both Mobius and the built-output for Subpac.
You can use this for multiple mobius units over bluetooth as well.
Enable drift correction.

In the audio output select Multi-device output and voila you can have the same audio on both devices. We have tested multiple Mobius outputs and it works very well over bluetooth + AAC on a mac. Have not tested the Sub pac specifically, but it should work as well.
MidiControl.png

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back