• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 13, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #4,772 of 7,693
Mobius needs to be shipped to 80 different countries and the customs clearance /paper work is significant. We have to sort by country in addition to tiers. We plan to ship all the IGG units this month. Shipping time for a majority of backers should be only a few days, but customs clearance takes longer, since it has to be done twice.

Maybe you should do China orders first since there's no customs to deal with....it would be the easiest one for you guys.
Looking at this purely from a selfless point of view, trying to save you all time. Not because I'm in China. Not at all. Nope.

Aug 13, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #4,773 of 7,693
Mobius needs to be shipped to 80 different countries and the customs clearance /paper work is significant. We have to sort by country in addition to tiers. We plan to ship all the IGG units this month. Shipping time for a majority of backers should be only a few days, but customs clearance takes longer, since it has to be done twice.

As I said before, I like companies that really makes sure their acceptable levels go beyond just balance sheets.

I have ordered an LCD2 from one of your distributors last week, as I am sure all your products are meticulously designed and manufactured with the same mentality and philosophy.

Aug 13, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #4,774 of 7,693
Maybe you should do China orders first since there's no customs to deal with....it would be the easiest one for you guys.
Looking at this purely from a selfless point of view, trying to save you all time. Not because I'm in China. Not at all. Nope.

Prolly made in a tax free zone, so it would still require a lot of paperwork and inspection time to release into China. It would be easier to ship to their closest neighbor, Korea. Really, not cause I live there and all... just saying. That's all.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #4,776 of 7,693
Don't like that review at all. Based upon the comments, the reviewer didn't do his homework until the last second to know that Audeze was addressing the hiss issue. So the review is essentially null and void, given the tiny number of pre-fix units that will ultimately be found in the wild.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #4,777 of 7,693
Apparently the reviewer was well aware already that Audeze has halted shipment to fix the issue, and decided to still post the review and neglect to mention all the relevant facts. To me it seems almost like a deliberate attempt to drum up attention, being the grab point at the start of the video, which is then rewound back to half way through the video.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #4,778 of 7,693
Yeah that's just a bad review. The hiss in the early units should bear no impact on the actual headphone considering Audeze is fixing it as we speak and it will (hopefully) be present any longer. If it is when the new units land then by all means it should be screamed from roof tops. Also damn that rewind segment, that was very unpleasant. Also what was up with his aptX talk? Afaik LDAC is just superior in every way (maybe except adoption rates, but considering Oreo, not really relevant) and it's still not up to the USB quality these headphones offer.

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #4,779 of 7,693
I didn't like it either. He even said that he hears no difference between presets!? People in the thread said that differences are huge. Asaid from the review, I feel a bit worried about material quality. I know that most of the budget went for tech and drivers but I would love to see at least hinges or slides made out of metal. For comparison, my current AKG K550 in 200$ (or lower) price range are made mostly out of metal and soft-touch plastic and built quality is superb! Still, I believe Mobius will sound fantastic and I will be very happy with them :)

The review said that microphone/voice quality is very good yet he did not provide any samples. I would like to gladly ask any of head-fi community members to record some short demo for us :)

Aug 13, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #4,781 of 7,693
I wanted to share some more recent observations/findings:

I’m curious about this too since I will be connecting my Mobius via AUX to my Astro Mixamp Pro TR for the PS4.

First of all, regarding using the Mobius with VSS devices on console, I ended up asking Audeze support about this and they responded that there's no formula for determining line level output on an amp (I could've sworn I read once that there was; oh well). Instead, they suggest putting Mobius at a typical comfortable volume level and starting the amp at zero and slowly increasing it until things sound good. If you start to hear distortion, back off volume on the amp and increase Mobius' to compensate. I have yet to try this out, but eventually intend to.

Second, I found out the hard way that a USB 3.0 active extension cable does not seem to work with the Mobius, at least in 7.1/8 Ch mode. To confirm the 3.0 extension was working, I tried it on two different PCs and also tried other devices like a mouse and keyboard and they worked fine. Mobius even worked on the 3.0 cable when hooked up to the PS4 (which is of course running in 2 Ch mode). But as soon as I hooked it up to the PC, I could not get either PC to recognize the Mobius and instead received the message: "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." If I watched the "Audio inputs and outputs" section of the Device Manager, I was able to see the Mobius show up on the list briefly and then disappear, and then continue to show and go away, as if it was trying to initialize/connect, but it never could. However, as soon as I disconnected from the 3.0 cable and went back to the included USB-C to USB-A cable, the Mobius showed up and stayed just fine. So, I have now ordered a 16ft USB 2.0 active extension cable similar to the one @EdmontonCanuck and @Mkoll suggested. If anyone is interested, it's another monoprice cable, but I ordered it from Amazon since Monoprice is out of stock until 9/11/18.

Lastly, I finally gave the Microphone a try over the weekend while hooked to the PS4 via USB. In regards to the sidetone, I was really impressed with it. No noticeable delay that I could tell, and the quality of my voice sounded as if I was hearing myself talking while wearing a pair of open headphones. The weird thing though was when I heard the sound of my breathing, it sounded a touch more artificial or processed compared to my voice. I wonder if the mic attempts to do some cancelling of breath/wind? Anyway, I was again using the 10ft non-active USB extension and noticed the occasional static/distortion happening. I think this was simply due to that combined 15ft cable length without an active extension. I'm sure the above mentioned cable will make that go away. One thing that took some getting used to after being familiar with the Mixamp is that the party chat audio is getting the same 3D processing applied to it as the game audio. On the mixamp, the party chat audio is mono (I think) and mixed over top of the Dolby Headphone game audio, so the chat sounds very present and up close, while the game audio gets the expected VSS treatment.

Aug 13, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #4,782 of 7,693
^ Terrible review. Reviewer couldn’t hear the difference between different presets, left his Mobius on the Music preset which overshadows the mids and treble with bass then complained about that, didn’t do his research on the hiss, complained about a lack of aptX which is an overrated codec easily bested by AAC and LDAC, etc.

Sorry for being absent from this thread the past few days, have been busy but will get back on providing fair and accurate opinions about Mobius :).

Aug 13, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #4,784 of 7,693
^ Terrible review. Reviewer couldn’t hear the difference between different presets, left his Mobius on the Music preset which overshadows the mids and treble with bass then complained about that, didn’t do his research on the hiss, complained about a lack of aptX which is an overrated codec easily bested by AAC and LDAC, etc.

*heavy breathing* aptX isn't overrated, not in aptX HD quality-wise and aptX LL (Low Latency) form, the "aptX" standard version is somewhat "meh" but aptX HD is good quality wise and the aptX LL codec again has lowest latency of them all making it best for specific uses, even better than LDAC where latency is critical. Last but not least, aptX is still the most widely supported Bluetooth Codec apart from SBC. Try find me an universal LDAC BT transmitter (not a phone) or even an AAC one, I'd love to use Mobius with my TV! I can easily find a BT transmitter with either aptX LL or HD support on amazon (I already have one).

I have a phone with LDAC support but what good use it is when only 1~3% of my audio listening happens via phone (it usually happens via my computer or TV). If I was to choose between aptX HD or aptX LL support I'd probably pick LL one for Mobius so it covers all possible useage scenarios so it can beside running good chance of except running the crown for the #1 gaming headset and #1 mixed media headphone and #1 affordable planar magnetic phone also could have had a good chance for the #1 wireless TV listening headphone with aptX LL support (obviously latency is critical for lipsync with movie watching). Due lack of aptX support, it cannot even be a contender on that particular list due lack of compatibility. From the bottom to top thanks to a codec support for a particular use, think about that one for a second! Whether or not aptX has a value to You, it's hard to argue against the possible benefits it can bring for some people.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #4,785 of 7,693
Here's a review that is more geared torward DAW work but it was interesting and pretty well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back