Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #3,811 of 7,693
If anything you'll make a profit if you sell it new before unboxing it

There have been several people offering to buy a mobius cause they missed the indiegogo

That goes against the rules here at Head-Fi. No selling of items for a profit.

Aug 2, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #3,812 of 7,693
One important note is that the hiss is a constant volume, so you may be listening louder than some others which would more easily drown it out. I've kinda settled into 28 or 30/100 for the volume level of my mobius in windows. Anything higher is too loud for me but I will say that louder drowns the hiss out better.

Whether you listen at 10 or at 90, the hiss itself is the same volume. At 45+ I find the hiss much more easily masked but that's an uncomfortable volume for me personally.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #3,813 of 7,693
hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

See? The only reason you found that hiss annoying was because you weren't reading anything else at the time. :wink:

Aug 2, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #3,814 of 7,693
Anyone here have the sine/cipher combo? Does it have an audible noise floor?

https://www.innerfidelity.com/conte...audeze-sine-and-cipher-lightning-cable-page-2

1W RMS/Channel, we have used a very efficient design for mobile use, about 100dB/1mW, plenty of head-room and dynamic range. On my windows PC, I rarely have to go above 10%.

3D can be turned off, we also have a 'flat' preset that removes Cipher DSP presets so you can tweak the response using your favorite app or use Reveal plugin on PC/Windows. As for an App of our own, we are not ruling that out but it is considerable effort and will look at the demand for it.

One important note is that the hiss is a constant volume, so you may be listening louder than some others which would more easily drown it out. I've kinda settled into 28 or 30/100 for the volume level of my mobius in windows. Anything higher is too loud for me but I will say that louder drowns the hiss out better.

Whether you listen at 10 or at 90, the hiss itself is the same volume. At 45+ I find the hiss much more easily masked but that's an uncomfortable volume for me personally.

Aug 2, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #3,815 of 7,693

Problem with this is that volume varies by source. One thing may be comfy at 30, another may be at 60. We can't come to a consensus based off sound level as our sources are all quite different.

There is one curious thing I found that I want people to test. If you press your fingers to the outer cups, does the hiss get reduced? I ask because that is exactly what I'm experiencing. The higher frequencies of the hiss itself gets reduced and the background becomes darker. Perhaps the slightest extra amount of clamp is doing something, and it may be pad related, but I kid you not, it is UNDENIABLY reducing the higher hiss. I'm starting to wonder if those who get MORE clamp from the headphone (aka big heads like me), may actually be seeing a passive benefit. As soon as I stop pressing down on the cups, the hiss comes back to its normal level.

It could just be the ears adjusting to pressure changes as well, so I don't wanna give people hope for something minute and temporary.

Please, someone VERIFY.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #3,816 of 7,693
Please, someone VERIFY. This isn't snake oil. Somehow, the slight extra clamp/force is reducing the hiss. I noticed it immediately as I put the headphone on today when I got home from work.

hahahahaha when you go home from work your head is always bigger hahaha

Finally being a bighead will be an advantage this time I will hear no hiss at all then XD

Aug 2, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #3,817 of 7,693
Umm, doesn't the usb mode provide similar volume across any Windows device as it's driven by a built-in dac? Same setting in USB mode on the Mobius should provide exact same volume lvl for everyone no?

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #3,818 of 7,693
Clamp force, higher volumes, not that bad etc are just excuses for the hiss and shouldn’t justify it.

Yes, if people want to they can get used to it and push it in the background by not focusing on it.

For me it’s a “once you hear it” thing and we shouldn’t give audeze a free pass when other headphones manage to reduce hiss down to a level where it’s just not there.

I have the BW Px and don’t hear any hiss when there is silence. I appreciate that might be just my hearing and everybody is different but again, when paying money for a product I expect it issue free otherwise it goes straight back. A company like audeze which produces top quality product after product are capable of better and should not get a free pass as stated and people need to stop making excuses on their behalf

Aug 2, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #3,819 of 7,693
Umm, doesn't the usb mode provide similar volume across any Windows device as it's driven by a built-in dac?

That may b true, but what we are listening to may have varying levels. For instance, I might listen to music at 35, but play my games at 55. Even music has varying volumes independent of what you're using.

Aug 2, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #3,820 of 7,693
Umm, doesn't the usb mode provide similar volume across any Windows device as it's driven by a built-in dac? Same setting in USB mode on the Mobius should provide exact same volume lvl for everyone no?

Right. My 30 should be about the same as anyone else on windows(windows 10 at least).

Edit: you game at 55 then, appreciate the data point.

Seems like your hiss and mine are probably the same. At 55, most games' ambience drowns out the hiss, but I can't personally use 55 over a minute or so.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #3,821 of 7,693
Clamp force, higher volumes, not that bad etc are just excuses for the hiss and shouldn’t justify it.

Yes, if people want to they can get used to it and push it in the background by not focusing on it.

For me it’s a “once you hear it” thing and we shouldn’t give audeze a free pass when other headphones manage to reduce hiss down to a level where it’s just not there.

I have the BW Px and don’t hear any hiss when there is silence. I appreciate that might be just my hearing and everybody is different but again, when paying money for a product I expect it issue free otherwise it goes straight back. A company like audeze which produces top quality product after product are capable of better and should not get a free pass as stated and people need to stop making excuses on their behalf

Listen, you're dfefinitely gonna have to do some return/sell or something, because this isn't a wired product, and you absolutely can't expect it to be hiss free. Not every wireless device is hiss free, in fact, there probably or more hissy audio devices than not. May as well sell it, because background noise is a guarantee to some extent.

And these aren't EXCUSES. I'm simply asking people to TRY and and see if it's actually happening. I didn't say this was a fix. I don't expect anyone to sit here and always press in the cups. I'm testing this to see if clamping force may be a contributing FACTOR of the hiss, however unlikely that may be.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #3,822 of 7,693
Right. My 30 should be about the same as anyone else on windows(windows 10 at least).

Edit: you game at 55 then, appreciate the data point.

My dude, those were examples. I don't game at 55. I don't even know my volume levels atm. Please STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS. I said MIGHT. I didn't say DO. Please read things carefully.

Aug 2, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #3,823 of 7,693
VYQr.gif

This thread could use some cleaning, should try to avoid making personal attacks and discuss more Mobius technical stuff

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #3,825 of 7,693
@Mad Lust Envy Peeps are really trying to work with you here.
Could this be used as a temporary test track? Perhaps too much room reverb? I'm digging it atm. No mobius currently in hand

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back