• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 18, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #512 of 7,693
I know this was addressed already, but I don’t see any reason why a Lightning to USB cable shouldn’t work with these for a direct connection to an iOS device. I can use the stock Apple Lightning cable to transmit audio via USB to my car, so if Audeze can program the headphones to be identifiable then it should work. Maybe there’s still a mfi process for this and I’ll be listening over Bluetooth the majority of the time but was just thinking about how it works fine in my i3.

Mar 18, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #513 of 7,693
Hey team - a quick question:

I currently have a Turtle Beach X41 which is connected via optical to my Xbox One. If I connect a Bluetooth transmitter (like this one) to the optical "out" on the X41 base unit, would it pre-mix 7.1 to two channels and then transmit to the Mobius so that I'm effectively getting 7.1?

Cheers!

Mar 18, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #514 of 7,693
With IOS we are limited to stereo at the moment. How ever the Spatialization, Head-Tracking and Room emulation will work with the iDevices

Thanks, hopefully they eventually output surround.

I was wondering whether the inside space is approximately the same size as that of the EL8 series? Seemed a reasonable guess since the drivers are similar sizes.

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #515 of 7,693
I know this was addressed already, but I don’t see any reason why a Lightning to USB cable shouldn’t work with these for a direct connection to an iOS device. I can use the stock Apple Lightning cable to transmit audio via USB to my car, so if Audeze can program the headphones to be identifiable then it should work. Maybe there’s still a mfi process for this and I’ll be listening over Bluetooth the majority of the time but was just thinking about how it works fine in my i3.
You're talking about the Lightning to USB-C cable, correct? A car usually accepts a USB type A connector, the Mobius doesn't.

I currently have a Turtle Beach X41 which is connected via optical to my Xbox One. If I connect a Bluetooth transmitter (like this one) to the optical "out" on the X41 base unit, would it pre-mix 7.1 to two channels and then transmit to the Mobius so that I'm effectively getting 7.1?
This won't get you surround. First, the X41's optical out is a pass-through so it won't output processed surround. Second, even if it did, you'd be stacking surround processing, so it's not going to be a true 7.1 3D spatialized experience with the Mobius. Thirdly, you could run into considerable latency using a bluetooth transmitter/receiver.

Remember: if you're bringing a pre-processed surround mix over aux into the Mobius, it's going to push the sound imaging more to the front. The Mobius will treat it like a 2-channel signal and try and recreate a 2-channel speaker experience. If you're wanting the most realistic 7.1 simluation on a console with the Mobius, you won't get it with the head tracking enabled. You might be able to connect the Mobius to your X41's analog headphone plug to get processed surround, and if that works then just play with the tracking disabled for virtual 7.1. I haven't owned the X41 in years, so I can't remember if the analog out will output processed surround.

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #519 of 7,693
Yeah, my mobo doesn't even have a USB-C connector on it. USB 3.1 is the best I've got.

Small nit: USB 3.1 and USB-C are not the same thing.

USB 3.1 is a version of the USB standard responsible for transferring data between devices. Much like USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.0

USB-C is the connector standard. Much like USB-A USB-B, Mini-USB, and Micro-USB.

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #520 of 7,693
Just curious, how many of you PC gamers have a motherboad or PC case with a USB type C connector? I have a whole 1 USB type C port on my mobo. I usually have a USB type C SD card reader dongle attached to it. XD

Mobius comes with both USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cable, so you can connect it to a spare USB 2 or USB 3 port you have on your PC without any issues and USB-A is how I use mine on both Mac and PC.

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #521 of 7,693
Mobius comes with both USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cable, so you can connect it to a spare USB 2 or USB 3 port you have on your PC without any issues and USB-A is how I use mine on both Mac and PC.
Thanks! I was more curious as to how prolific USB type C connectors are on people's PCs. Since it's brought up though, what are the charging specifications for the Mobius? e.g. is it USB 3.0 SuperSpeed compatible?

Mar 19, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #522 of 7,693
Quick question on the 5.1/7.1 USB connection on the PC. Does the Mobius accept Dolby Digital or DTS packed encoding or does the signals have to be unpacked / decoded for the surround sound to work properly?

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #523 of 7,693
Since it's brought up though, what are the charging specifications for the Mobius? e.g. is it USB 3.0 SuperSpeed compatible?
It supports USB 2.0 charging only.

Quick question on the 5.1/7.1 USB connection on the PC. Does the Mobius accept Dolby Digital or DTS packed encoding or does the signals have to be unpacked / decoded for the surround sound to work properly?

Mobius does not have an on board Dolby decoding, it would however accept up to 7.1 channels that have been unpacked, over USB.

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #525 of 7,693
Mobius does not have an on board Dolby decoding, it would however accept up to 7.1 channels that have been unpacked, over USB.

My turn to ask a dumb question! My understanding is that the Mobius will work with a PC which is 5.1 or 7.1 capable (that depends on the motherboard mostly)
There will either be drivers or an app which will allow the computer to send a 5.1 or 7.1 signal via USB.
So in simple terms, if you have a reasonably current PC or Mac, the Mobius will be able to deliver its virtual surround from an encoded multichannel source (like an avi, mp4 or mkv)
The Mobius and its software effectively take the role of a USB sound device with surround capabilities.

Is that right?
Sorry, it's super dumb and I've managed to make it super long as well.
Sorry *looks at the floor and says it like he means it*...sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back