Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 15, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #241 of 7,693
Mar 15, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #243 of 7,693
the endgame for 2019 or 2020 would be adding "noise cancellation", it would be home run!

Noise cancellation is overrated IMO. Really only absolutely necessary for a few select activities. (I’m the type to use AirPods on public transit for awareness.) Mucks up the sound. Do not want.

Headphone innovation is occurating at a rapid pace so you can’t really know when we’ve reached endgame :wink:. Mobius is the most innovative headphone since AirPods and will obviously sound way better. Apple will release a wireless over-ear headphone next too... I don’t necessarily think it will sound better but Apple could release their own lossless codec and practically obsolete their own AAC.

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #244 of 7,693
During beta testing the last few months we have gotten lot of feedback about the mic and are further fine tuning it. Once we finalize it, we can easily publish the results. We intentionally made it removable, so broadcasters (twitch etc) can use different mics if they wish. It uses standard TRRS connector on the mic. The default mic will be a high quality directional microphone.
Thanks for the quick response, just getting a reply tipped me over to order one tonight instead of sleeping on it :). Will be my 3rd Audeze, love my XC and LCD3... looking forward to my pair of Mobius :D. #TeamCopper

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #245 of 7,693
Can these be used at the gym? Not sure I’d use them for that purpose but sometimes you just want to workout while listening to some planar magnetic tunes.

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #246 of 7,693
#TeamCopper (#394)

I was struggling between Sony and Sennheiser for some wireless headphones, didn't really need the NC but these took no time flat for purchase so can't wait.

Best of many many things I wanted them for and if the sound signature is close to EL8C or LCD-2 then it will be an awesome headphone choice as they are no slouches.

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #247 of 7,693
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #248 of 7,693

This crops up on page 7 of this thread where Audeze state Vlad was trying an early prototype and the sound has moved on considerably since then:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-mobius-review-preview-head-fi-tv.874607/page-7

To be honest, I put more stock in the opinions of the head-fi guys than I do in the Verge. Not throwing shade (well, not much) but the reviews in this thread have been glowing, with very clear outlines of the sound so we know what to expect.
I'm stoked - and I don't even really need them!!!!

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #250 of 7,693
I'm in #TeamCopper (#720).

My current planer (HiFiMan HE-400) headphone has a problem with the right side driver, it's died after 5 years of service and not wanting to send it back for repair. Looking for a replacement planer magnetic headphones - as I miss that bass slam signature. Audeze has come through with the Mobius and It's too good to pass up at the price being asked. All the other stuff being added such as passive sealing, wireless BT, mic, 3D positional audio are icing on the planer magnetic cake. Looking forward in getting a pair in June time frame. Will have to do with the iSine20 for the time being.

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #252 of 7,693
I personally can't stand noise cancellation on headphones. It ends up just making my head feel congested, I dunno. Don't like it, and I'm glad the Mobius doesn't have it. Passive isolation i.e. like a normal closed back headphone is enough, and I feel the Mobius is just fine on that front.

As for that Verge impression, perhaps the person accidentally enabled one of the presets. I found it a bit easy to accidently switch eq presets when I was first learning how to use it and wanted to switch from 2 channel, high res, 7.1.

Unless someone wants a specific sound signature that ain't Audeze, I don't see how many people could ever be disappointed by the sound quality of the Mobius. That or thry strictly just gave impressions with the 3D audio always on, which I feel is unfair in gauging sq, especially for music. 3D audio is HIGHLY subjective, and takes a bit of getting used to.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #253 of 7,693
Really keen on these but I currently own a HD600/Project Ember II, which I use for all purposes. Given that the Mobius uses its own dac-amp, I'm struggling with committing...

Edit: Having never used Bluetooth audio before, I have a question. My motherboard supports bluetooth via an antenna, which I have no issue connecting my Dualshock 4 controller with. Will that work fine with the Mobius too (if I choose to use BT sometimes)?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #254 of 7,693
Any response on which bluetooth version that is being used, I hope its 5.0.

Also whats the latency? Extremely important for FPS gaming.

I also wonder if the battery is fairly user friendly to replace? Since I Don't live in the US the postage back and forth for battery replacement would be like half the cost of the headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #255 of 7,693
#TeamCopper 1911. I've been kicking around the idea of buying some planars, and a bluetooth can. This ticks my boxes, and seems awfully hard to pass up at 259. My wife is gonna kill me. Thanks Jude and MLE for the reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back