• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 7, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #4,426 of 7,693
I’ve noticed that the latency seems to be noticeably higher than I’m used to with Bluetooth, making video appear slightly out of sync.

Ugh.... this would be bad... very bad for movies, my usual usage of bluetooth headsets and pretty much hopeless for games.

I hope you're ignorant and setup the mobius wrong... please tell me you're an idiot! Argh!

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #4,428 of 7,693
Ugh.... this would be bad... very bad for movies, my usual usage of bluetooth headsets and pretty much hopeless for games.

I hope you're ignorant and setup the mobius wrong... please tell me you're an idiot! Argh!

For what it’s worth I didn’t notice this yesterday but only watched a few minutes of Netflix and some surround tests on YouTube. It does seem to be present with all settings I’ve tried.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #4,429 of 7,693
Yes you can set the room to 0% on the app, that will remove all room reflections. It would still do HRTF and cross-feed so your milage may vary based on how much control you have on prior processing.

This just gave me a whole other way to mess around with these when they arrive. For those of you with the Creative X7. I wonder if turning the room emulation on the Mobius down, and then turning the X7's SBX surround setting to different variations, would merge to create a decent effect with SBX, HRTF and head-tracking.?!?

I would be interested if messing with both the mobius settings and X7's settings would mix well, or create lag and make a mess out of the sound. Someone with an X7, please try this and see what the results are for you. If this works decent it might be a good way to play PS4 games with features from both.

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #4,430 of 7,693
Yeah, the latency was the first thing I noticed while watching Youtube videos on my iPad with Bluetooth. The audio was just ever so slightly out of sync and was noticeable when watching people talking.

Of course, watching movies wired there is absolutely no noticeable latency whatsoever.

Aug 7, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #4,431 of 7,693
Hearing well all the time > slight airplane sound quality

I started using ear protection when cutting the grass and being around loud noise a little late in life. Throw in an LEO who wanted to play with his new gun during training and let off a round right next to my ear (indoor range, no hearing pro on...) and one loud loud concert too many, along with being in my late 40s... Hold on to your hearing!

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #4,434 of 7,693
Some Netflix entries have a coding problem where the sound isn't synched properly with the video. Have you tried other content?

It’s definitely present system-wide. Noticeable on YouTube videos and I notice a slight delay when doing system tasks like adjusting volume as well. Not an issue with other Bluetooth headphones I’ve tried but it seems to not be a glitch. It’s not a dealbreaker but I wouldn’t watch video over Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #4,435 of 7,693
The latency depends on the codec used.

I’m using AAC on an iPhone. SBC might have slightly lower latency but I don’t notice a sync delay while watching video on W1 headphones with AAC. Based on the current latency I’m experiencing I would reserve Bluetooth mode for music listening, which is fine. I did try troubleshooting since I figured maybe my cycling through settings caused it but powering the unit back on and adjusting settings didn’t improve the latency.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #4,436 of 7,693
I’m using AAC on an iPhone. SBC might have slightly lower latency but I don’t notice a sync delay while watching video on W1 headphones with AAC. Based on the current latency I’m experiencing I would reserve Bluetooth mode for music listening, which is fine. I did try troubleshooting since I figured maybe my cycling through settings caused it but powering the unit back on and adjusting settings didn’t improve the latency.
If you can access Netflix in 5.1, wired is the way to go for that anyway. Too bad that it's a fail for an iPod over BT. Maybe that can be fixed in the future, as the Mobius has such low reported latency.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #4,437 of 7,693
Aw man... if I was nearby, I’d help you out on my gaming PC. Maybe you might have a friend who could loan a few MB to you for a few minutes?

I mainly use Mac... when things are made for Mac, I have much more productivity time and less maintenance and interface issues than I do with Windows. Some of that is personal preference... some by design :wink: So, with that in mind, you could test if one of the Wine interfaces work for you, as a free option: https://www.howtogeek.com/263211/how-to-run-windows-programs-on-a-mac-with-wine/
I would test for you, but I don’t have a Mobius yet. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the offer:) will have to track someone with a win laptop I guess

Aug 8, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #4,438 of 7,693
This just gave me a whole other way to mess around with these when they arrive. For those of you with the Creative X7. I wonder if turning the room emulation on the Mobius down, and then turning the X7's SBX surround setting to different variations, would merge to create a decent effect with SBX, HRTF and head-tracking.?!?

I would be interested if messing with both the mobius settings and X7's settings would mix well, or create lag and make a mess out of the sound. Someone with an X7, please try this and see what the results are for you. If this works decent it might be a good way to play PS4 games with features from both.

I second this!!!

Would love more information from anyone with all 3. (Xbox, X7, Mobius)

Aug 8, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #4,440 of 7,693

I plan to use these Bluetooth with LDAC on my Pixel 2XL. I'm guessing you aren't able to test that? I honestly don't plan to use these much for videos, mainly Bluetooth for music. I'm guessing LDAC will offer better results the AAC in terms of latency though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back