• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
May 31, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #1,607 of 7,693
I’m really excited for these headphones - I had the closed EL8 and they were the first headphones - i could hear why I didn’t like them!!!!!! An Imporant moment on my earphone journey - but they were so well designed and comfortable for my head with glasses. - I really think they will nail the tuning for these! #teamblue

May 31, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #1,609 of 7,693
:) The world could use more levity.

Anyone considering any aesthetic mods? If I keep mine, I might change the copper coloured pad ring to matte black(plasti-dip?) for a slightly more subtle look.

Why even joke about that?

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #1,610 of 7,693
:) The world could use more levity.

Anyone considering any aesthetic mods? If I keep mine, I might change the copper coloured pad ring to matte black(plasti-dip?) for a slightly more subtle look.

That post freaked me out for a split second!

Anyways to your other point, I tend to prefer color changes via material, so I'd simply prefer less paint on the cups and headband. As it stands, I like the copper/black combo so I'm cool with leaving them as-is (unless the whole copper pieces are also painted). They look really durable so I'm imagining the paint fading off at some point while the headphones are still functioning.

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #1,612 of 7,693
I was wondering for people who want to use headphones to watch movies, I have a speaker system and a receiver setup, I assume most everyone would... So couldn't you just use the analog HP jack on your receiver? Or I have a Roku and the remote control has a HP jack. I know their wireless is not BT. I only tried it once just to see it works... I haven't seen USB audio on a TV either... You could also throw your TV in the trash, and go outside for a while...

Jun 1, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #1,613 of 7,693
I was wondering for people who want to use headphones to watch movies, I have a speaker system and a receiver setup, I assume most everyone would... So couldn't you just use the analog HP jack on your receiver? Or I have a Roku and the remote control has a HP jack. I know their wireless is not BT. I only tried it once just to see it works... I haven't seen USB audio on a TV either... You could also throw your TV in the trash, and go outside for a while...

You can, but the sound quality won't be the best of the available options and you will only get a stereo signal.

Jun 1, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #1,614 of 7,693
I would have a similar question.
What would be the best connection for home cinema use, meaning in combination with an AVR?
Alternative: Does Xbox one or PS4 have audio out via USB?

Jun 1, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #1,615 of 7,693
What would be the best connection for home cinema use, meaning in combination with an AVR?

USB audio is always the preferrable connection because it gives you the best signal quality as well as surround.
Not for consoles though.
Since most avrs only have aux that would be your only option.
Bluetooth... It depends. Since most people won't have AVRs with LDAC it isn't really a great option and as well as aux only puts out stereo.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #1,616 of 7,693

Yeah hook the mobius to a HTPC.

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #1,617 of 7,693
Did I miss the reference to where I could find the Mobius "Users Guide" ?

He,he.he..... it's pretty straightforward on what options you can use in your playback scheme when it come to using most traditionally designed wired cans; Not so straightforward for us "Non Bluetoother's/Gamers" who just want something to use w/ their tiny 49" 4K LED HDTV (w/ no great interest in using a full surround sound speaker setup; Besides these are Audeze headphones..... & we're talking about DSP (Which works just fine for Cinema/TV viewing; The Visual aspect is what I'm more interested in when I'm watching........... Video !) (& Oh yeah, I'm awaiting delivery of a pair, I'm just a bit curious & impatient I suppose: & I always read the User Manuals for everything I get regardless of how self explanatory connections appear)
The video is only one side of the coin. Yesterday I watched Ghost in a Shell on my 27 inch FHD PC monitor from Bluray using the Dolby Atmos plugin a high end soundcard and a Sennheiser HDVA600 amp driving the HD650 balanced. The sound was so impressive that the screen size got cinematic, like in the cinema. Only the sound was even better. So if the Mobius does it right, I expect a spectacular result, nothing less.
On the other side, if not I have all I need and will move on.

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #1,618 of 7,693
Jun 1, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #1,620 of 7,693
You can, but the sound quality won't be the best of the available options and you will only get a stereo signal.

Depending on the receiver, you can get great sound quality out of the headphone jack. My receiver automatically switches to Dolby Headphone mode (which takes any multichannel Dolby/DTS surround format and creates a very good virtual surround/HRTF for headphones). If you were to plug in the Mobius that way, you could turn off the Mobius surround features and just use the head tracking and it should be a good solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back