Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Aug 23, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #5,686 of 5,780
As a non DIY-er, is there any chance to get written out, detailed instruction, all the way down to "what exactly to buy"? There's a lot of times I go over to Home Depot and say "Hey, can I get epoxy glue" or something to that effect and they reply "what kind" and then my eyes glass over and it cascades straight to the ground from there.
In general, I‘d suggest to contact AUDEZE first before trying a DIY fix.
If sending Mobius is no option, there‘s nothing to lose, so go for it.

Materials, of course, depend on availabilty in your country.
Glass fiber is available in various forms, not mission critical.
Woven mats of fine fiber are easier to handle than the house building stuff, which works too.

You have to raw the plastic surfaces to make the glue stick.
Sandpaper is a good tool for this, or the mentioned pin-hole technique with a soldering iron.
You could even use a plastic primer, or a thin layer of instant glue (cyanacrylat glue) to make the plastic more sticky, but I never tried that.

The epoxy should be a bit elastic, not brittle / brick-hard, or it will break.

A very good epoxy glue here in Germany / Europe is UHU PLUS Endfest 300.
It’s well documented.
Cure speed and final strength is cure-temperature-dependent.
It’s hardness or elasticity can be varied by the mix proportions of the 2 components.
You need a fine scale to take full advantage of this, but such a scale costs $20, and every household should have one, (look for good range and resolution) e.g.:

https://smile.amazon.de/KUBEI-Küchenwaage-Hochpräzise-Digitalwaage-Haushaltswaage/dp/B08NHCFFVD/ref=sr_1_24?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=1EPTG7N6BG4Y4&keywords=2000g/0,001g&qid=1661290567&sprefix=2000g/0+001g,aps,83&sr=8-24

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #5,687 of 5,780
Welp, my 3rd Mobius pair just broke. This time, on the hinge over the left ear-cup. It had make creaking/straining noise for a while, and finally cracked. I put some plastic-binding epoxy on it, at least as a temporary solution.

Does anyone know if I can request a B-stock pair of Penrose instead of Mobius as my replacement? I want to try the Penrose but I really enjoy the 3D of the mobius

Aug 31, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #5,688 of 5,780
Welp, my 3rd Mobius pair just broke. This time, on the hinge over the left ear-cup. It had make creaking/straining noise for a while, and finally cracked. I put some plastic-binding epoxy on it, at least as a temporary solution.

Does anyone know if I can request a B-stock pair of Penrose instead of Mobius as my replacement? I want to try the Penrose but I really enjoy the 3D of the mobius
Audeze support was ok with me requesting Penrose as a replacement a few months ago but I changed my mind then because I dont game or ever use the microphone and I did not find any advantage of getting penrose over Mobius when check reviews.

Aug 31, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #5,689 of 5,780
Audeze support was ok with me requesting Penrose as a replacement a few months ago but I changed my mind then because I dont game or ever use the microphone and I did not find any advantage of getting penrose over Mobius when check reviews.
I had issues with my Penrose X disconnecting/popping whenever I was paired to my Xbox. It was a lot less troublesome in USB/PC mode.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #5,690 of 5,780
Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any more comfortable replacement ear and headband cushions? The leather off my set is 30% peeled off right now and it keeps peeling off, also the headband leaves little bits on my head constantly. I am not even looking for any mor leather as it is making me sweat so much during the summer. I just want something more comfortable that will not sacrifice quality when installing.

TIA!

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #5,691 of 5,780
Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any more comfortable replacement ear and headband cushions? The leather off my set is 30% peeled off right now and it keeps peeling off, also the headband leaves little bits on my head constantly. I am not even looking for any mor leather as it is making me sweat so much during the summer. I just want something more comfortable that will not sacrifice quality when installing.

TIA!
You can try Wicked Cushions. They're the only ones I know of that will fit, though I haven't looked into it extensively. My own pair is still in amazing condition, surprisingly, and mine are an early backed pre-order. The Wicked Cushions won't fit in the slot that your pads do. I think you need to work them over your current pads. I hear they're incredibly comfortable though. I only know about them because I immediately look into "just in case" options when I buy new headphones. Never went through with getting them myself though.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #5,692 of 5,780
I did the Wicked Cushions thing, and they work, but they are not as comfy (to me) as advertised. And they are a royal pain to install. Not that I discourage you from trying them, but I was hoping for better.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #5,694 of 5,780
Thank you both for the feedback

Am I supposed to look into the generic gaming pads they have, e.g. those ones:
https://wickedcushions.com/collections/gaming-ear-pads
The guy I watched who uses them says it's the universal pads for the Steel Series/AUDIO-TECHNICA. I'd imagine as long as the pads you get will fit those headphones, any option you choose would work on the Mobius as well but you might wanna just stick with the universal pads just in case. He also has a promo code for 20% off that you can try. I dunno if it'll work because the video is old, but you can try it. It's: TECHNE20 on their website.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #5,695 of 5,780
I know the YouTube guy! Not a big fan haha. Anyway!

So I shouldn't be looking at their website as I am UK-based and I won't fancy paying shipping + import taxes xD.

I went on Amazon.UK as they have a seller account there and unfortunately it's a bit confusing what are the pads that fit the Mobius. They have all sorts of branded cusions, but none for Audeze; and they also have the gaming universal ones. I might just drop them a message and also watche Techne's video to see what he says in there! :)

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #5,696 of 5,780
I know the YouTube guy! Not a big fan haha. Anyway!

So I shouldn't be looking at their website as I am UK-based and I won't fancy paying shipping + import taxes xD.

I went on Amazon.UK as they have a seller account there and unfortunately it's a bit confusing what are the pads that fit the Mobius. They have all sorts of branded cusions, but none for Audeze; and they also have the gaming universal ones. I might just drop them a message and also watche Techne's video to see what he says in there! :)
That's probably your best bet then. Haha

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #5,698 of 5,780
To be fair, I am really looking into swapping my Mobius with another headset, but as that is not an option right now, I will at least freshen them up a bit!
Sounds like a good idea to me. Why spend more when you can freshen up what you've got

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #5,699 of 5,780
Okay, so for a future reference - to anyone looking to do something like this - I have just had a confirmation by WC that the WC PadZ Velour - The Ultimate Upgraded Earpads by Wicked Cushions are the same size az Audeze Mobius and Penrose, but they are not advertising them as compatible due to the needed modification, which can be seen in this video:

Thank you, everyone, for all the help!

Also, please note, if you are in the UK, check out Amazon; these particular pads could be bought for as low as £15 in Like New condition, which saves £10+
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Upgraded-R...nica/dp/B07CYRHZNR?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
Edit: typos.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #5,700 of 5,780

Users who are viewing this thread

Back