Audeze Mobius review / impressions
May 30, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #5,656 of 5,780
Same here - first batch, no issues. I use mine quite a bit - mostly for gaming.
My headset appears to randomly power off while using it. I have tried every cable included, as well as other ones.
Really can't seem to figure it out, even re-flashed the firmware...does anyone else get this?
Please contact support@audeze.com so we can directly assist you.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 20, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #5,658 of 5,780
Well. The reinforced version didn't last more than 10 months. :/
At least it didn't break the same way as most others.. Lol

How about reinforcing the reinforcement? Or how about just don't cheap out.
I have a problem with this particular plastic piece, not as serious but still annoying, one of the retention bits seems to be broken, so the piece is not flush with the headband so the cup is a bit loose and the length on that size can't be adjusted anymore...

I don't know what to do except maybe glue it back or putting some duct tape on top, but it's a bit annoying, especially since I already had to replace my Mobius for a broken headband. Maybe I could try to 3D print that piece, but I'm pretty sure it won't be strong enough. And I can't find a way to replace the whole headband for something a bit more sturdy.

@Audeze , maybe it would be possible to just send me that particular piece if I send a message to support ?

Attachments

• 287468234_1111718869381615_1085818328312689032_n.jpg
    287468234_1111718869381615_1085818328312689032_n.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #5,659 of 5,780
I think it's just a bad design choice, I know for a fact the popular business headset Plantronics Voyager Focus had similar design and it also happened to that headset that I used at work so I used tape to clamp it together and extended the life of it that way (otherwise it would push into my head and get uncomfortable) but they then fixed it with the newly launched Focus 2 so instead of two difference pieces it's like one piece instead.

This is one of those things that will break, it's just matter of time until the plastics get fatigued enough, so depends how actively you use it, how careful you are or much you extend the headband when putting on your head etc. but it will likely happen to most samples and more matter of time than being an exception, then is it matter of 3 years of average use or 5-6 or whatever is difficult to say.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #5,660 of 5,780
I have a problem with this particular plastic piece, not as serious but still annoying, one of the retention bits seems to be broken, so the piece is not flush with the headband so the cup is a bit loose and the length on that size can't be adjusted anymore...

I don't know what to do except maybe glue it back or putting some duct tape on top, but it's a bit annoying, especially since I already had to replace my Mobius for a broken headband. Maybe I could try to 3D print that piece, but I'm pretty sure it won't be strong enough. And I can't find a way to replace the whole headband for something a bit more sturdy.

@Audeze , maybe it would be possible to just send me that particular piece if I send a message to support ?
Please contact us at support@audeze.com so we can assist you.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 23, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #5,661 of 5,780
Hi, new member first post. Mobius in hi res USB is fantastic as is 48k 24bit bluetooth. Can someone please tell me what the latency of the bluetooth connection is if only using 48k 24bit no head tracking or surround.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #5,662 of 5,780
Mobius has wonderful characteristics even in Bluetooth mode compared to the EL-8 Titanium, which is also fantastic in its own right. Definitely an Audeze headphone through-and-through. Honestly this may be as good if not better than the EL-8 if only I could test with more less lossless files--my 2012 MacBook Pro is considered obsolete and doesn't get the latest version of Apple Music with Apple Lossless and Dolby Atmos. I also need to finally get my hands on the updated Mobius firmware, maybe through Windows virtualization on my next MacBook Pro as a last resort.

Admittedly I love what Audeze does for the consumer audiophile market like Mobius, EL-8, Sine, iSine, etc. and look forward to the next consumer release. A wireless passthrough lossless codec would change the audio market, and I'd love to see a high-end metal/leather headphone from Audeze when that happens.

Another request - I'd love for Audeze's headphones to be calibrated for the headphone audio level feature in iOS. That's a major draw of Apple's headphones as I'm a bad judge of volume and try to keep it under 80dB with headphones to avoid fatigue/hearing loss. This may require some level of contact with Apple's audio team.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #5,663 of 5,780
Another request - I'd love for Audeze's headphones to be calibrated for the headphone audio level feature in iOS. That's a major draw of Apple's headphones as I'm a bad judge of volume and try to keep it under 80dB with headphones to avoid fatigue/hearing loss. This may require some level of contact with Apple's audio team.
80 or 85 dBA SPL sound dose for 8 hours (depending on the norm you follow) is the upper limit where hearing loss definitely starts to occur.
You don’t live in a totally quiet environment, may drive car or train, be on noisy streets etc. - this all adds up to your daily noise dose.

What I’m heading for: significantly keep clear from the 80 dBA SPL limit.

Set your level in a way that the sung vocals in the music are not much louder than normal talking.
This way you end up in the 70+ dBA SPL range for the complete music.

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #5,664 of 5,780
80 or 85 dBA SPL sound dose for 8 hours (depending on the norm you follow) is the upper limit where hearing loss definitely starts to occur.
You don’t live in a totally quiet environment, may drive car or train, be on noisy streets etc. - this all adds up to your daily noise dose.

What I’m heading for: significantly keep clear from the 80 dBA SPL limit.

Set your level in a way that the sung vocals in the music are not much louder than normal talking.
This way you end up in the 70+ dBA SPL range for the complete music.
My ears definitely get fatigued quickly from headphones, especially since I find even moderate volumes are probably louder than I’m expecting. I’ve been trying to listen to both my EL-8 Titanium and Mobius at 50% volume and they have to definitely be lowered down to somewhere between 1-4 clicks on the iOS/Mac volume dial after a few songs.

I find the iOS headphone audio level to be an invaluable feature of Apple’s headphones, and also one I requested which Apple miraculously added. It’s been making me much more cognizant of listening to headphones like the Powerbeats Pro, which are eerily good over Bluetooth, at lower volumes that don’t cause fatigue or potential hearing loss.

This opens up a broader discussion, but I’ve been wondering just how much hearing loss from listening at moderate ~ 80-85dB volumes creates an actual impact on hearing. From what I’ve gathered it may only affect the very highest frequencies, although I am incredibly cognizant of listening at lower volumes or limiting time exposure. It just becomes difficult at times since I naturally tend to want to be around 50%, previously that would be 75% although a wired connection on a Mac for most headphones tops out at around 6/16 clicks for me, so I rely on the iOS headphone audio level or decibel meter on my Apple Watch when listening to speakers.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #5,666 of 5,780
50% on the Mobius is really loud. I usually listen around 10-20% on Windows.
This means that Mobius has a powerful onboard amp, although it’s mind-boggling to me that headphones can get so loud where the comfortable listening level is 10-20%.

It’s the same story even for wired headphones on a moderate computer amplifier where they can get ridiculously, unnecessarily loud quickly. It’s also no wonder that the average kid probably has a moderate amount of hearing loss.

A moment of silence for all those people listening to their Beats and AirPods at max volume all the time.

Volume is one of the largest challenges for an audiophile IMO. I have found lately that music sounds better at low-to-moderate volumes, although I do love to turn the volume up a bit more to 80-85dB on speakers at times—which isn’t really excessive.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #5,667 of 5,780
Can someone please explain to me why suddenly my Mobius decided to turn off straight after being turned on? The headphones have always been used via USB and that's no difference now. They used to turn off about a few times a week while playing for no reason. Now I can't even turn them on for the past 2 days or if they do turn on, they turn off instantly.

On a side note, I can't wait to save up some money and buy another set of headphones. I am highly disappointed at this point with Mobius... Would love to hear recommendations for shooter / FPS games, but I also don't want to upset anyone in this thread as I would assume most people like the headset.

Jun 30, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #5,669 of 5,780
I really really wish that I was posting to talk about how much I love this headset, but my second replacement headset has just broke again in the yoke, exactly the same place as the last 2 times, after only 4 months of use. I just cant understand how this has happened AGAIN. I was keeping this headset in its case when I wasnt using it, and I never dropped or handled it roughly. After having 2 headsets break, I was already been super careful with it and to add insult to injury, I can see that the same fracturing has started on the opposite side of the headset. How can it be possible to have THREE headsets fail in exactly the same way, without it just being a huge design flaw?

I have honestly never used a better headset when we are talking about the sound of these things, and I have recommended this and by extension to the Penrose to friends, one of whom had the same break happen as me I might add. I am pretty much done with this headset at this point. I have already had to send 2 of them back to the US from the UK at my expense, and had to make do with a cheap replacement for a weeks while I waited for someone at Audeze to presumably open the package and just look at the fracture and confirm that they need to send a replacement...

Audeze, if you make another gaming headset at this price point with a metal band and yoke, give me a call. I will be one of the first on the preorder list. But I just cant rely on this headset anymore.

mx6e9br.jpeg

Jun 30, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #5,670 of 5,780
I really really wish that I was posting to talk about how much I love this headset, but my second replacement headset has just broke again in the yoke, exactly the same place as the last 2 times, after only 4 months of use. I just cant understand how this has happened AGAIN. I was keeping this headset in its case when I wasnt using it, and I never dropped or handled it roughly. After having 2 headsets break, I was already been super careful with it and to add insult to injury, I can see that the same fracturing has started on the opposite side of the headset. How can it be possible to have THREE headsets fail in exactly the same way, without it just being a huge design flaw?

I have honestly never used a better headset when we are talking about the sound of these things, and I have recommended this and by extension to the Penrose to friends, one of whom had the same break happen as me I might add. I am pretty much done with this headset at this point. I have already had to send 2 of them back to the US from the UK at my expense, and had to make do with a cheap replacement for a weeks while I waited for someone at Audeze to presumably open the package and just look at the fracture and confirm that they need to send a replacement...

Audeze, if you make another gaming headset at this price point with a metal band and yoke, give me a call. I will be one of the first on the preorder list. But I just cant rely on this headset anymore.

mx6e9br.jpeg
Please contact us at support@audeze.com so we can assist you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back