Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Mar 15, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #5,641 of 5,780
Please don't be afraid to contact us, regardless. We'll be more than happy to assist you on this or any matter.

Sure, I did already. I will get a new headset but it will probably break again after a few months like others have reported here in this thread.

That doesn't mean we cant talk about the headset here, its a review thread. I spent like 4000 SEK on it, I'm allowed to discuss the really bad build quality the Audeze Mobius gaming headset have for that premium price tag.

I mean I've been playing PC games for 20 years or so and I cant really remember a single headset that broke down on me like this (not counting accidents). And I actually spent twice the money on this than on any other headset I bought in the past. This was my first Audeze product I ever bought and sadly, because of this I will probably think of Audeze as a low budget brand that cheaps out on quality when it comes to gaming headsets.

I'm obviously not blaming the support. And if the company is replacing products that breaks even outside of the warranty, I guess that's a good thing. But that also means they probably know you messed up big time. My main issue here is that they still selling the product in its current form. Sure the extra ribbing probably do help (?) but I got mine almost a year ago (with the new ribbing) and still no other changes and they still break. So it feels almost criminal to keep selling a product like this.

Imagine Volvo selling cars with breaks that.. breaks.. And people crashing and they just keep selling them. If you live, we replace the breaks for ya with the same crap breaks that will eventually break again.. If you survive a second time, well throw in a giftcard. xD

Anyway. Sorry, I'm ranting a bit because I'm kinda pissed.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #5,642 of 5,780
This was my first Audeze product I ever bought and sadly, because of this I will probably think of Audeze as a low budget brand that cheaps out on quality when it comes to gaming headsets.
By measures of AUDEZE pricing, this is indeed a basic product, and it’s stuffed with technology, so there must be some give and take.
Not that it should break like this, of course.

Other AUDEZE headphones are built like a tank.

My LCD-2 Revision 2, 10+ years old, is still going strong, even with the original pair of earpads (listen, Sony!).
Same for my EL-8 Titanium, one of my nicest sounding closed headphones.
My main issue here is that they still selling the product in its current form. Sure the extra ribbing probably do help (?) but I got mine almost a year ago (with the new ribbing) and still no other changes and they still break.
At least, I have Mobius, very first Indiegogo batch, and no sign of breaking after more than 2 years of use.

My best guess is, the chinese factory making the plastic parts screws up the material, either changed to using something cheap (typical brittle chinese plastic), or wrong thermal handling when moulding.

This is how Mobius was advertised:
1F6197F3-BD41-4789-BEE8-FE9A167F2E8B.png

974154F4-387A-4D05-B297-3883E3446C83.jpeg

AUDEZE should take control what’s going on.
That’s typical for chinese manufacturing, you can’t just order, then let it run.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #5,644 of 5,780
By measures of AUDEZE pricing, this is indeed a basic product, and it’s stuffed with technology, so there must be some give and take.

My LCD-2 Revision 2, 10+ years old, is still going strong, even with the original pair of earpads (listen, Sony!).

At least, I have Mobius, very first Indiegogo batch, and no sign of breaking after more than 2 years of use.

My best guess is, the chinese factory making the plastic parts screws up the material, either changed to using something cheap (typical brittle chinese plastic), or wrong thermal handling when moulding.

That’s typical for chinese manufacturing, you can’t just order, then let it run.

Maybe that pic was taken with the first batch and later on they changed something to save money. :D
Or maybe it was a special high quality edition for reviewers. xD
#Fakenewspic

It doesn't really matter, Audeze is selling them, its their responsibility wherever the issue lies. The sound is great tho. I sent mine back today, hopefully they replace it with a brand new one.

I probably buy a Mobius v2 if it ever comes, even tho the reputation is damaged by this for me.

Apr 1, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #5,646 of 5,780
Noticed my local store was selling a replacement mic which appears to be the Penrose one. Appears quite impressive.
I tried it on the Mobius and it works fine, even at 0% gain it's actually rather loud lol.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #5,648 of 5,780
So has anyone here actually had a good experience with these. I have 2 years warranty and a backup headset, but I can't use headphones if they are hissing/buzzing. Is there a chance that I will receive a pair without noise floor?
I once measured the noise floor of two different pairs, and it was the same.

Apr 18, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #5,651 of 5,780

Maybe the headband is that flexible, but mine shattered at the bronze pieces on the end of the headband. I'm on my second set, as I bought them in Hong Kong where after sales service is non-existent. The second set are making stressed creaking noises and the panels crackle as I walk, so have been relegated to a conference call headset. They are excellent at this job, but it is a waste of great headphone.

It could well be the factory sneaking in cheaper materials. China is perfectly capable of making excellent quality products, IF you watch them like a hawk. Remember, in China, if you cheat someone including up to breaking a contract, and you get away with it and make money, you gain face.

Apr 21, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #5,652 of 5,780
Maybe the headband is that flexible, but mine shattered at the bronze pieces on the end of the headband. I'm on my second set, as I bought them in Hong Kong where after sales service is non-existent. The second set are making stressed creaking noises and the panels crackle as I walk, so have been relegated to a conference call headset. They are excellent at this job, but it is a waste of great headphone.

It could well be the factory sneaking in cheaper materials. China is perfectly capable of making excellent quality products, IF you watch them like a hawk. Remember, in China, if you cheat someone including up to breaking a contract, and you get away with it and make money, you gain face.
Would be interesting how many headbands from the first INDIEGOGO batch broke.
Mine from that batch, even though well used, does not show any problem.

May 27, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #5,654 of 5,780
My headset appears to randomly power off while using it. I have tried every cable included, as well as other ones.
Really can't seem to figure it out, even re-flashed the firmware...does anyone else get this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back