Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 21, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #5,596 of 5,780
That's what I'm saying - I don't see any reason why not give an ability to fully disable everything leaving only analog way. The only reason as the uneq'd response is somewhat audeze don't want us to see)
Another thing: the left cup is always warm to the touch when plugged in, even if the phones weren't used for days. That signals battery and power waste.

Sep 21, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #5,597 of 5,780
Against? I rated it as absolute gimmick, thus went non gyro
If one is interested in 7.1 emulation, yes. I suggest to invest in gyro, for reasons others have already explained.

I also don't understand the fixation for having these with all DSP off. What's the point?

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #5,602 of 5,780
But why even if I deactivate the recharge, set the Hi-Res 2Ch mode and turn off the headphones, every time I turn it back on, the recharge reactivates by itself and often returns n 8Ch mode?
I also experienced that some times. I unfortunately can't remember the exact fix. But I followed basic troubleshooting steps (powering off headphones, changing USB ports, reinstalling software, reinstalling firmware, etc.). Come to think of it, I switched my audio back to 8ch so maybe it was never "resolved"

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #5,603 of 5,780
After I had updated to the newest firmware I never had that issue again.

Oct 23, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #5,604 of 5,780
Another quick update with the Carbon Mobius ( replacement model already, so about a year old ).
After the inner plates of the headband came loose because of broken plastic in the screw housing( and fixing that with zipties, now the yoke is cracking so bad I've lost pressure yet again. I have a DT770 headband/yokes ready but need to 3Dprint an adapter for it ( more like, designing one first... ugh ). The crack is halfway there, so it's only a matter od days, I think. FYI: I use the headphones daily, but my first beyer DT770 cost me €150 and still fares strong with no damage after what... a decade?

How are other ' reinforced' mobiuses faring so far?

Nov 4, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #5,605 of 5,780
My replacement Carbon set doesn't have the ribbing but good so far, hopefully stays that way.
I adjust it by the headband as to not put any stress on the cups. I'll be sad if it still breaks eventually.

Nov 19, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #5,606 of 5,780
Checked out the Audeze Mobius, I have owned the Hyperx Cloud Orbit S the cheaper wired variant for 2 years now. They actually do sound exactly the same. I can see they did do some design improvements from original mobius (kickstarter one) there seems to be more padding in earcups and headband. Weird thing i noticed was the Hyperx Cloud Orbit S headtracking software was already integrated into one software while audeze mobius was not in same software. Looks like you have to download wavenx separately to access it

Dec 13, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #5,607 of 5,780
Checked out the Audeze Mobius, I have owned the Hyperx Cloud Orbit S the cheaper wired variant for 2 years now. ... Weird thing i noticed was the Hyperx Cloud Orbit S headtracking software was already integrated into one software while audeze mobius was not in same software. Looks like you have to download wavenx separately to access it
Waves NX is integrated into Mobius’ hardware.
Just switch on 3D with the button at Mobius‘ left cup.

Mobius adds optional headtracking to make 3D much more realistic.
When pressing the buttons, listen to the Gypsy Woman’s voice, she tells you what function you activated.
And it doesn’t hurt to RTFM 😂

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #5,608 of 5,780
Another quick update with the Carbon Mobius ( replacement model already, so about a year old ).
After the inner plates of the headband came loose because of broken plastic in the screw housing( and fixing that with zipties, now the yoke is cracking so bad I've lost pressure yet again. I have a DT770 headband/yokes ready but need to 3Dprint an adapter for it ( more like, designing one first... ugh ). The crack is halfway there, so it's only a matter od days, I think. FYI: I use the headphones daily, but my first beyer DT770 cost me €150 and still fares strong with no damage after what... a decade?

How are other ' reinforced' mobiuses faring so far?
Very late to the party, but if it helps, I know someone already made a 3D print design for a replacement yoke if you want it.

Dec 20, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #5,609 of 5,780
Welp, my replacement headphones (replaced December of last year because my original pair's yoke broke), also broke. The plastic piece on the bottom of the headband, next to the leather, that holds the headphone length in place and covers up the wire, popped off. The plastic is shorn and I can't get it to stay in place. I may try duct tape or something just to hold it on.

I already submitted a ticket to Audeze, but I'm curious if anyone else had this issue, and if they were able to find a serviceable solution. It's disappointing how bad the structural support of these headphones can be, but I keep coming back to them because they sound so good.

Attachments

• thumbnail_953F4E41-855B-45BD-BFC8-BBC4292E9BE6.jpg
    thumbnail_953F4E41-855B-45BD-BFC8-BBC4292E9BE6.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 0
Dec 20, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #5,610 of 5,780
Welp, my replacement headphones (replaced December of last year because my original pair's yoke broke), also broke. The plastic piece on the bottom of the headband, next to the leather, that holds the headphone length in place and covers up the wire, popped off. The plastic is shorn and I can't get it to stay in place. I may try duct tape or something just to hold it on.

I already submitted a ticket to Audeze, but I'm curious if anyone else had this issue, and if they were able to find a serviceable solution. It's disappointing how bad the structural support of these headphones can be, but I keep coming back to them because they sound so good.
Is there another way to get the serial number? I don't have the box, and the right earcup does not want to come off, no matter how hard I squeeze the two tabs or pull.

EDIT: I got the earcup off. For those curious (unless it's just me having that issue): you don't pull from the two tabs on either side of the earcup. You just pull from one until you get enough of a gap to dig your fingers in and pry it off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back