Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jan 1, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #5,236 of 5,780
It's a known bug it's never shown correctly on my phone, the app is more accurate iirc.

Jan 4, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #5,239 of 5,780
Well, my second pair of Mobius' are starting to disintegrate on me. Broken plastic on the right ear cup (which i fixed with jb weld) and the return of the USB short. The broken ear cup I could live with, but the USB short is unacceptable. Game crashes galore because i dared to shift in my seat a bit. I'm definitely out of warranty (again), so does anyone have any experience with taking these things apart? Recommended?

Jan 5, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #5,240 of 5,780
Well, my second pair of Mobius' are starting to disintegrate on me. Broken plastic on the right ear cup (which i fixed with jb weld) and the return of the USB short. The broken ear cup I could live with, but the USB short is unacceptable. Game crashes galore because i dared to shift in my seat a bit. I'm definitely out of warranty (again), so does anyone have any experience with taking these things apart? Recommended?
At least ask Audeze before you try anything.

Jan 5, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #5,241 of 5,780
... the return of the USB short. The broken ear cup I could live with, but the USB short is unacceptable. Game crashes galore because i dared to shift in my seat a bit....
Usually it‘s not a short, but bad contacting with the plug.
Did you try another USB cable?

A good contact cleaner like Teslanol T6 can help, very sparsly applied with a toothpick, NOT sprayed.

At least there’s usually nothing you can repair on the inside.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #5,242 of 5,780
I did take them apart, the usb port is fine on the inside, trust me, it must be cable issues, the soldering is strong and not flimsy. I dont recommend to take them apart though, the drives have powerful magnets and might attract sharp things like the screws or screwdrives into the planar magnetic drives and damage them easily, once damaged they cannot be repaired or replaced. I took the chance to also take a peek at the battery inside to source another one once this one dies. I moved the earpieces to a metal hinge and they still work fine, I had to open it and desolder the cables and resolder them once they were routed on the new headband, I used a old headband from an old yamaha headphone. All features still work. I was still under warranty but I cannot RMA since I am in another country, yet Audeze support send me a new pair for a low cost, even though they both work and Audeze said I did a good job repairing them, but trust me, its a delicate process, you have to be really carefull. I ended up punturing the planar magnetic when I accidentally laid down the headset next to my screwdriver while I was fixin my ambilight setup. Affortunately the puncture did not hit the printed circuitry, and even though there must be a difference in sound, it's not perceptible at all, I am keeping both headsets working since I might need this headband to be reused again if the second one fails, and I know plastic will eventually, but I managed to get more lifespan out of these. So going back to the beginning, it just must be lint or the cable. Replace it and clean the connector.
PS: they do not swivel, YET!! they will :)

Attachments

• 20200621_141139.jpg
    20200621_141139.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200701_095115.jpg
    20200701_095115.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #5,243 of 5,780
@Audeze good day! Is it possible to make a dongle for the Mobius to make the wireless 2-channel possible?

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #5,247 of 5,780
Wireless 2-channel already is possible using Mobius‘ Bluetooth connection.

Or is there something else you‘re heading for?

I think I used the wrong term. I meant you can use the headphone and mic wirelessly at the same time, like the Penrose? Rn, its either the sound or the voice you could only use at a time

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #5,250 of 5,780
Im thinking about buying the mobius, since My penrose only gives me 4 hours on wireless anyway, but does the mobius last longer, and can it charge while being used?
Reach Audeze support if the battery is bellow what's advertised, anyways, Mobius has 10 hours battery life and can charge while in use via USB, for mobius beware that the USB is the best feature wise connection, the other connection options are more like enablers but not that impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back