Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 25, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #5,221 of 5,780
Hi guys i have a question , usb c to usb a cable which comes with audeze mobius is 5 ft long, too short for me, if i will buy 10 ft long will i get sound quality loss or some problems like device will not recognize?
It's USB 2.0 and works fine with a 10-foot cable.

Dec 25, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #5,222 of 5,780
I also have a question regarding the battery...

I'm using most of the time my Mobius connected to my PC through the USB port. I know it can be harmful for some batteries to keep them charged up and connected all the time.

Do you think it would be better on the long run to let my battery discharge by turning off charging and charge it when it's getting close to 0%?
I don't know if this works with Mobius, and never tried, although I do use Mobius the same way like you, but:

In general Lithium Ion - batteries wear out by charge and discharge cycles.
They don't like to stay fully charged or fully empty over a long time too, but this effect is comparably minor.

So charging to 100%, then using Mobius with USB supply might be best you can do to improve batterie life.

Self discharge is very low - I didn't use and charge Mobius for about 3 month now and it's still charged to 96%.

Lithium Ion - batteries can live a very long time.
I have a Sony camera that is now 15 years old, and the batterie still has full capacity - it's been used on mains supply most of the time, and not much used anyway.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #5,228 of 5,780
What numbers? pitch yaw roll are for hotkeys, not sound. It's for controlling things with your head.

head circumference and inter-aural arc are the measurements of your own head

room ambience is like "reverb" for the 3D source, the higher the number the bigger the virtual room will sound, but be more "echo-ey"

I recommend when using with PC:
mode: 7.1 3d: off, this is the same thing as stereo mode, but you can just toggle 3D on for games or movies with surround sound without windows spazzing out about a new sound device (games and programs will crash if you randomly add/remove sound devices)

Dec 30, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #5,230 of 5,780
Heya guys, sorry if I'm repeating questions, I've read a handful of pages but the thread's really long. Want to ask 3 things:
1) I notice a substancial difference when watching youtube videos between 2ch and 2ch Hi-res modes - both at the same volume and Flat EQ. Especially voices which sound more wide/full in Hi-res but not in a particularly expected way. Is this because I'm not used to this quality (I've always owned substandard headphones before these), or is it somehow placebo and youtube's sound quality shouldn't be good enough for me to spot a difference between these two modes?
1.1) Should I just stick to 2ch for general non-music consumption and only use 2ch Hi-res when listeting to appropriately high quality files?

2) [SOLVED: Was in 2ch Hi-res mode by mistake. Must use 2ch mode] Tried plugging it via USB to the PS5 but the console didn't detect the headphones at all, sound still came through the TV. I tried turning them on and off multiple times to no avail. Unfortunately I no longer own a PS4 to test it there. Does anyone know if I did something wrong or if the PS5 still doesn't support 3rd party headphones through USB? To be specific I used the USB>USB-C cable, not the USB-C>USB-C one.

3) [SOLVED: Don't plug the headset to the controller, it produces a buzz on the mic. Use only USB to avoid it] When plugging it to PS5's controller via the 3.5mm jack everything works, however the microphone produces a constant loud hiss that I can hear while testing it and my friends can hear in party chat - I can record and upload it if anyone's interested. Otherwise my voice sounds the same on PC or console, but this background loud hiss is only present on PS5.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #5,232 of 5,780
@Highlaw 2. Were headphones in stereo? I think Thats the only way to make it work.
When plugging them in with 3.5mm on either PS5's controller or directly on Switch they immediately work (which means they default to 2ch rather than 7.1/3D on devices that don't support it) regardless if I previously disconnect the USB cable from PC or still had it plugged in - AUX port takes priority in an instant, meaning that they always work by power or draining battery and switch modes no matter what I had on PC just a second before.

I tried again with USB and still nothing. I also tried with the USB-C>USB-C cable for the first time. On PS5 a "Too many USB devices at once" notifications pops up when using the USB-C port there, Headset isn't detected. On Switch in portable mode using the USB-C port the headset isn't detected either, not that I expected it to, only 3.5mm jack works - actually connecting both at the same time produces a "tick" sound every second or so, and removing the USB-C cable solves that. Interesting glitch.

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #5,233 of 5,780
When plugging them in with 3.5mm on either PS5's controller or directly on Switch they immediately work (which means they default to 2ch rather than 7.1/3D on devices that don't support it) regardless if I previously disconnect the USB cable from PC or still had it plugged in - AUX port takes priority in an instant, meaning that they always work by power or draining battery and switch modes no matter what I had on PC just a second before.

I tried again with USB and still nothing. I also tried with the USB-C>USB-C cable for the first time. On PS5 a "Too many USB devices at once" notifications pops up when using the USB-C port there, Headset isn't detected. On Switch in portable mode using the USB-C port the headset isn't detected either, not that I expected it to, only 3.5mm jack works - actually connecting both at the same time produces a "tick" sound every second or so, and removing the USB-C cable solves that. Interesting glitch.

I dont own a PS5 but a PS4 and a switch and it works with both if the Mobius is in 2ch/Stereo when connected with usb. Hires/7.1 doesnt work.

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #5,234 of 5,780
I dont own a PS5 but a PS4 and a switch and it works with both if the Mobius is in 2ch/Stereo when connected with usb. Hires/7.1 doesnt work.
Ok just killed two birds with one stone - also I'm dumb.

Aux defaults to 2ch on any device.
USB doesn't, and I forgot I had it on in 2ch Hi-res on PC, that's why it didn't work on consoles. Does now if I put it on 2ch beforehand.

The other thing I found out was the annoying buzz sound when using the mic on PS5. It isn't there while using it in USB mode, the problem arises when it is connected by 3.5mm to the controller, so I'll avoid it now.
Thanks for making me realize my own stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back