Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 18, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #5,193 of 5,780
I could have kept using them but I didn't feel comfortable doing so.

Dec 20, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #5,195 of 5,780
Hi guys, can I check if its normal that the headphone will have wind going through into the headset while the fan is blowing behind me?
No.

Do you hear the wind or do you feel it?

Is Mobius placed for a good seal around your ears?

Do you have the microphone attached?
Mic's "Sidetone" let's you hear the mic and it might pick up the wind if wind is strong enough.
A foam windscreen on the mic, supplied e.g. by AUDEZE, or a generic one can help in this case.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #5,196 of 5,780
No.

Do you hear the wind or do you feel it?

Is Mobius placed for a good seal around your ears?

Do you have the microphone attached?
Mic's "Sidetone" let's you hear the mic and it might pick up the wind if wind is strong enough.
A foam windscreen on the mic, supplied e.g. by AUDEZE, or a generic one can help in this case.
I hear wind lol the fan is behind me. I did not use any mic though. :X @Audeze can help?

Dec 21, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #5,197 of 5,780
I have a strange issue and possibly one off. Just checking to see if others have it as well. I am using Citrix Workspace(for work) on a MacBook Air 2017 on Big Sur. The Mobius has the latest firmware. If I contact the Mobius to the MacBook while Citrix is running, it will crash the Citrix Workspace app. Error says something about BUS. Kinda sucks because these are really good for listening to Music and work audio while plugged into the MacBook and also be BT connect to my phone for calls..

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #5,198 of 5,780
Guys, im interested in Mobious/Cloud S, I got one refurbished from amazon just for testing yesterday but sadly the one of the earphones stopped working after 3-4 hours LOL, so im sending it for refund and have no idea how good it is, I only listened for Stereo music video clips on YT and it was OK, maybe better then my Fidelio X2HR, and when i was about to play Cyberpunk it broke down so i have no idea how good the surround is.

What do you think about the surround features? Right now I have Sound Blaster X3, it has Creative Holographic Audio Super X-Fi [you scan you ears with a phone and send the photos to their servers for calculations and upload the data to the sound blaster]
Also it has Creative SBX with their virtual surround.
And im using Philips Fidelio X2HR headphones, mostly because its on the list of supported headphones for the Super X-Fi feature.

If any of you had experience with Holographic Audio and creative virtual audio, how it compares to Mobious/Cloud S?

Do you think its worth paying extra for Mobious Over Cloud S?
Do you think its worth paying extra for Cloud S over Cloud? from reviews that I watched they said that 3D head tracking works but completly usless since you sit wand watch TV/Monitor thats in front of you and dont need to move your head.

Thanks

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #5,199 of 5,780
Hardware surround on headphones is obsolete. Use Atmos for Headphones on stereo headphones.

Dec 21, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #5,200 of 5,780
Hardware surround on headphones is obsolete. Use Atmos for Headphones on stereo headphones.

Hi,
I dont like it, its not the best, if it was ill be Ok without sound blaster just using my headphones with motherboard DAC.
I have both ATMOS headphones and DTS headphone X, mostly i got them to get easy headphone surround on Series X, they also work on PC.
And its completely meh.
Also they disbaled that option to take 7.1 surround and convert, it was in the audio setting but was removed some time ago, maybe its always on now, maybe it doesnt work anyone and if you listen to regular 5.1 and 7.1 it downsampled to stereo instead of ATMOS for headphones.

The rumor was that Mobious has the best surround, so i want to hear from people what they think about that

Dec 21, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #5,201 of 5,780
Hi,
I dont like it, its not the best, if it was ill be Ok without sound blaster just using my headphones with motherboard DAC.
I have both ATMOS headphones and DTS headphone X, mostly i got them to get easy headphone surround on Series X, they also work on PC.
And its completely meh.
Also they disbaled that option to take 7.1 surround and convert, it was in the audio setting but was removed some time ago, maybe its always on now, maybe it doesnt work anyone and if you listen to regular 5.1 and 7.1 it downsampled to stereo instead of ATMOS for headphones.

The rumor was that Mobious has the best surround, so i want to hear from people what they think about that
Mobius dynamic "headtracking" makes THE difference for a realistic 3D experience.
Stationary systems never reached this 3D realism for me.

Dec 21, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #5,203 of 5,780
Just got the Mobius Dekoni Choice Leather... they are a DO NOT BUY! The leather is extremely stiff and i'm not sure with the clamp it'd be at all of comfort but what is worse... it came with 3M stick on tape. They do not give you the plastic attachment. Totally not worth it for the price and i'll be returning them.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #5,204 of 5,780
Hi everyone.

I have just received a new pair of Mobius (carbon). I have been reading through this thread regarding reviews and comments.

I really love the headphones. I enjoy planar magnetic sound quality as well as the options.

There's something weird with what I'm hearing though. My right earcup doesn't sound like my left earcup. It's hard to explain, it's like the air pressure coming from the right earcup is different then what I got from the left one (same feeling as if you were putting a glass over your ear... kind of muffled feeling and sound). Right earcup seems to sound louder also than the left one.

I know about 2 yrs ago in this thread, some people claimed their right earcup sounded louder than the left one. I was wondering if it was still a problem people encountered nowadays?

My headphones arrived with the latest firmware also...

I'll give them a few days to settle in but I might ask for an exchange... just not sure if it's my hearing that is the problem or the headphones.

Dec 21, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #5,205 of 5,780
This might sound condescending but it's not meant to be, did you center the headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back